The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
He's fine. On another day it might have stung a little but today? Today I'm just fine.

It's like everything here has snapped into focus. I've frankly been afraid for my job since they moved me to this position. And now I see that they took their sweet-assed time to get moving and I'm actually a valued member of the team.

Jan 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
He's fine. On another day it might have stung a little but today? Today I'm just fine.

It's like everything here has snapped into focus. I've frankly been afraid for my job since they moved me to this position. And now I see that they took their sweet-assed time to get moving and I'm actually a valued member of the team.
Then I'll make him stand in the corner for another reason. :unibrow:

I'm so very happy for you. <hugs> :heart:

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
Hey now, I never say something like that to sting, just as some mild riffing as one might do with a Great Old One....I mean, beloved family member.
Oh I know, but when it's all you hear all the time, sometimes it's tiresome. But that's a me thing, not a you thing.

Jun 7, 2014
Oh I know, but when it's all you hear all the time, sometimes it's tiresome. But that's a me thing, not a you thing.
Yeah, that's why you rarely hear that from me anymore. Frosty Susan taught me good natured ribbing can go too far . . . and that the Beatles are overrated.

Far

Nov 28, 2008
West Coast best coast
I'm pretty hard on myself and don't think I deserved to get the job I've managed to fall face first into. That said, I try my hardest to make them not realize their mistake. So this was nice to get from my boss today.

Kyle_Nidoff_s_Bonus.png

It's a stark contrast from my previous superiors and roles in terms of recognition. Been a great change and I'm looking at decent raise in the new year, a nice bonus and for the first time since I started working after moving out West, 10 days off around Christmas.

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
Feeling like a valued member of the team is immeasurable for your mood and morale.

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
Usually the response to that is we don't need a football team as we have a sniper team, but this year the top USMC team got 10th. The winners were the Army Rangers and second place was the Colorado Army National Guard!