The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

I don't have an official offer yet, but I just got a handshake offer for the position. Plus, 15,000 more per year than I asked for. Holy shit.
So, plus side the pay is crazy, and the work is cool and cutting edge, and will actually help folks with a specific type of cancer.
The downside is that most startups fail. Plus there will be a bunch of traveling during the first couple of years. I am not fond of plane travel and I don't like being away from my family.
Said yes to the job.

"If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, You don’t ask what seat. You just get on.”

I GOT THE JOB, MOTHERFUCKERS.

*ahem*

It's a BIG pay increase over my current job (120%), plus my transit costs will be cut in half, transit time will be cut by a half hour each way, they pay for my lunch, they pay my phone bill, and some other giant benefits. And I'll animating again and working with one of my closest friends.

Still not going to say where. Not yet. Not until I've actually signed on the dotted line.

Now, I just gotta really quickly learn how to animate in that program again...

Everything has been signed and it's 100% official. I've even given my resignation at the current job. So now I can say, I'll be animating at Snapchat!
Well done! I was hoping since you posted the Undergrads Kickstarter it might be that, which would make you my hero, but Snapchat is great too!

I did figure since you said you couldn't talk about it that it wasn't the thing you had made a post for immediately after, but I hoped for selfish reasons it was Undergrads.:p

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Weirdest epic win ever. Our van broke down. Had to take it into the mechanic. He doesn't know when he'd get to it so it might not be until the end of next week. Now we have only one car and were trying to figure out how to do this since our work times are really different and in opposite directions. Been worried about it for days.

I get to work today and the boss tells me, "Nothing is going on next week. If you don't have to come in don't bother. And don't put in for PTO, just check your email once in a while."

So not only do I get a 9 day weekend, but we don't have to worry about how we get to & from work next week. Holy hell is this a load off my mind.