The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Found out today, the house got three more offers Tuesday afternoon, AFTER the seller had agreed to the contract we offered! This has all been a blur in a way, the house came on the market last Friday, we made our offer on Monday, got approval on the loan, accepted a counter-offer at less than listing price on Tuesday, and turned over two cheques today to cover two of the contract points. We are well on our way to closing on this house by the middle of December.

Last edited:
Found out today, the house got three more offers Tuesday afternoon, AFTER the seller had agreed to the contract we offered! This has all been a blur in a way, the house came on the market last Friday, we made our offer on Monday, got approval on the loan, accepted a counter-offer at less than listing price on Tuesday, and turned over two cheques today to cover two of the contract points. We are well on our way to closing on this house by the middle of December.
I cannot brofist this harder.

This demonstrates the wisdom of "if you're sure, make an offer NOW." We scooped a few other offers on the house we bought most recently too (that was 2 years ago).

We love our house. I hope you love yours too.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit. You all might not see this as an epic win, but I think my Twitch channel is finally coming together and actually looks halfway professional. @checkeredhat made some headers that are out of this god damned world (seriously, if you need art done you can't go wrong by going to spencerderek.wordpress.com and getting a commission. And @GasBandit did the voiceovers that I use for my custom alerts, which was sorely needed.

The last few times I've streamed I've had double digit viewers. Now all I need is a game niche and I think I might have something.

GasBandit

Staff member
Holy shit. You all might not see this as an epic win, but I think my Twitch channel is finally coming together and actually looks halfway professional. @checkeredhat made some headers that are out of this god damned world (seriously, if you need art done you can't go wrong by going to spencerderek.wordpress.com and getting a commission. And @GasBandit did the voiceovers that I use for my custom alerts, which was sorely needed.

The last few times I've streamed I've had double digit viewers. Now all I need is a game niche and I think I might have something.
My cheer sequence is still better than yours.

Dave

Staff member
Too long for me. And I don't like the cutesy anime. And it doesn't fit the aesthetics of the stream.

Dave

Staff member
What kind of truck?

I've been eyeing Tacomas for years. I will have one someday.
2007 Ford F150 with 29,125 miles on it. Original owner. He bought it so that he and his wife could tow their camper, but she passed away so there the truck and the camper sat. He's the truck's sole owner and those are original miles. KBB has it listed at $12,000 and trade in value of $10,000. We're getting it for $6,000. Took out a loan for $7,000 and they are giving us $1,000 back in cash once we turn over the check. We're using that money for tax, title, & licensing.

Oh, and payments are going to be $137 a month.

2018-10-20 14.06.39.jpg2018-10-20 14.06.52.jpg2018-10-20 14.06.59.jpg

Last edited:
2007 Ford F150 with 29,125 miles on it. Original owner. He bought it so that he and his wife could tow their camper, but she passed away so there the truck and the camper sat. He's the truck's sole owner and those are original miles. KBB has it listed at $12,000 and trade in value of $10,000. We're getting it for $6,000. Took out a loan for $7,000 and they are giving us $1,000 back in cash once we turn over the check. We're using that money for tax, title, & licensing.

Oh, and payments are going to be $137 a month.

@Secret Satan oughtta send you some truck nutz for that big boy.

Dave

Staff member
Well, it'll essentially be my wife's so if you do that they MAY not get used. But whomever I get for my Secret Santa is probably going to be very happy this year. :)

Dave

Staff member
Nope. The camper is a whole other thing that doesn't really belong here. I can explain it if you want, but the camper is not really anything my bio-mom has to worry about.

Dave

Staff member
It was weird how it all came to pass. I got roped into going to an auction for my sister's business. I get there and outside there's a camper with a for sale sign on it. I don't want a camper but I read the sign out of curiosity. It said the camper was for sale $19,000 $29,000 with the truck. And it had my bio-mom's husband as the contact below. So I went in to Don and asked him how much for JUST the truck. He said $6,000 but he wouldn't sell it until the camper sold as he needed the truck to move the camper.

Well, he passed away a couple weeks ago and the camper is now a moot point, but my bio-mom said a deal is a deal and is selling us the truck for $6,000.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah the whole "bio-step-father" thing is weird. I went to the funeral and they kept putting me in with the family but I didn't feel I belonged there. Luckily, Don has told everyone about my sudden appearance and how the whole thing went down and they were all happy and eager to meet me.

Dave

Staff member
Folks, I'm scared. Like legitimately terrified. Something really, really bad is lurking right around the corner for me.

I got asked today by the president of my company to do karaoke for our Christmas party. I gave them my quote and her response was, "Oh no, that's WAY too low." Then she gave me a different, higher number.

Too many good things have been happening lately. The shoe is dropping, it's just a matter of from how high.

Folks, I'm scared. Like legitimately terrified. Something really, really bad is lurking right around the corner for me.

I got asked today by the president of my company to do karaoke for our Christmas party. I gave them my quote and her response was, "Oh no, that's WAY too low." Then she gave me a different, higher number.

Too many good things have been happening lately. The shoe is dropping, it's just a matter of from how high.
Gas, yours may be a joke, but this isn't: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromort

Quick! Wire me all your money before you can lose it!

I applied for a new job recently. A friendly acquaintance of mine works there and she messaged me today to say that I am going to get an interview at least. Don't yet know when, but at least it is something. My current job is giving me rant-worthy issues.
So after some politics got in the way and delayed things, I officially have gotten a new job.

Now I just have to put in my two-weeks notice at my current job.

Big sale at Chapters right now for DC and Image books. Made one order for myself. Then my dear mother said I could make a second order, with a spending limit, as my Christmas gift this year. Since the sale was only for this week.

I...ordered a metric buttload of comics.

They'll arrive in a week, but she insisted that I can't read them until Christmas Day. That's gonna be torture!

Still, she's 70-some years old and too adorable not to indulge.

Attachments

Dave

Staff member
So I got pulled into a meeting today. Normally that's not a big epic win. But this was a lunch meeting (score!) as well as a new initiative that my university is doing. In essence they are taking who they call the six best critical thinkers in the university to drive data analytics and forecasting in several areas. It's too complicated to get into here (not that you wouldn't understand - some of you are much smarter than I) but suffice it to say that not only was I one of the six pulled in, but this is essentially brainstorming and researching datapoints, which is so in my wheelhouse that it may as well have been tailored to me.

It's been quite a while, but I think I might have finally found the niche in my job where I can actually excel and show them what I can do.