The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Shannow

Staff member
Well, I decided to decline the ofer to move to Austin that my work put forth. I was told they wanted me to stay, so I took a 6 percent raise and stayed. Now I know why they wanted me to stay..

I have just been promoted to management with another 20% pay bump. WOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well, I decided to decline the ofer to move to Austin that my work put forth. I was told they wanted me to stay, so I took a 6 percent raise and stayed. Now I know why they wanted me to stay..

I have just been promoted to management with another 20% pay bump. WOOOOOOOOO!!!
Ah, the joys of being a manager and ordering your minions about ... Responsibilities, I mean. The great, burdensome, responsibilities of caring for your valued employees.

My step-son got a letter in mail today.

He's been given a conditional offer of employment for state trooper training. He goes in for his background check and polygraph next week :)

Got mostly everything booked. This winter I will be going to Europe. I'll be spending some time in Paris, Budapest, Vienna, Rome, and Barcelona. Might go to Bratislava since apparently its about an hour by train from Vienna. So excited.

Ah, the joys of being a manager and ordering your minions about ... Responsibilities, I mean. The great, burdensome, responsibilities of caring for your valued employees.
Valued employees? Where?

I got a promotion at my work. I now get a minion. Unfortunately, my reputation has preceeded me because no one wants to apply. Perhaps I should try chloroform.

10,148 10,700 (as of 1:09 pm) words

6 days

3 sections (chapters?)

NaNoWriMo

I'm finally forcing myself to get this business together. There are more words written that are out of order. I'm on track to have the book, which I've been writing (along with two sequels at the same time) for over 2-3 ish years, to be finished at the end of the month. I'll need my brain back later.

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/dillwerner

Did I also mention that my nerve block is wearing off and I've had a throbbing headache and/or migraines for the past week/two weeks? Right now, I hate the world b/c of head pain, but I keep on with the writing.

If I make it through this, I want to reward myself with something awesome. Maybe this:

World Traveller's Bookshelf Necklace with Globe

Last edited:
Who kicked some functional genetics ass today?
<-This guy!

A colleague independently confirmed my results which means my project is now officially awesome.

It really just shows that I know what I am doing and that my research is repeatable - quite important in science.

It's Epic b/c this is a new field for me and I thought I wasn't doing all that great.

I write stuffs and things and now I have excerpt available online: http://www.scribd.com/doc/182432339/Status-Positive-Excerpt

In short: Blue Stevens is a teenage girl struggling to find her identity in a world divided between Positive and Negative, Gay and Straight. She's spent ten years living on the Southampton Reserve for Segregated Homosexuals, a contained community cut off from the general population. Join Blue as she tries to find her place as a positive person living in a negative world.

12,267 words in 7 days. Where'd I put my brain?

Got glowing reviews from my sponser teacher and faculty advisor yesterday and today. I also convinced a pair of sixth graders not to call each other "retard". Been a couple good days.

We had our first audit since I've taken over as theatre manager, and if the files come back good that we need to send away to be checked, and they should, we will get in the low to mid 90's%. Very happy with my self and proud of my staff.

Last edited:
So for the last half year or so I've been suggesting a certain battle on the Epic Rap Battles of History facebook page. I've gotten lots of positive responses for every time I have. I even made a picture to gain it more attention:
Pablo Picasso Vs Bob Ross.png

Today, somebody on my most recent suggestion notified me of the picture that ERB just posted on their iTunes page for their next battle:
Official Picasso Vs Ross Pic.jpg

Oh yeah!

Dave

Staff member
Had a comedy show tonight. Instead of our normal 45 minute show, we did 2 sets of 45 with a 15 minute intermission. There was standing room only, the venue had to bring in more tables & chairs to fit everyone. We got a rating of 9/10 stars and a standing ovation. I'm still filled with adrenaline! Best show we've ever had for the biggest crowd we've ever had. The stars were aligned!

I signed and sold a total of 14 copies of my book last night! Admittedly, most of those were to friends and family, but still! Had some fun moments, though, like seeing strangers walk by and do a double-take when they saw Dill on the cover. Then, I'd say something like, "That is indeed an armadillo on the cover." One intrigued older woman stopped, crossed her arms and said, "Tell me more."

At the same time last night, the theatre was also playing a film made by a local filmmaker. It's apparently getting a lot more press lately since it's the last one to star a Glee actor who died recently. Anyway, one of my friends is an actor in it and another friend is another filmmaker. And they told this local film auteur about my signing...so she came over and bought the book, too! Booyah!

One of my uncles came by at one point and took a bunch of pictures. I don't know when I'll see them, but hopefully soon. I was too busy being a promoting whore, so I only got to take this one picture:

Note: Yes, that is a plush armadillo on the table. He was my moral support; my rock.

That is awesome, Nick. I wish I'd seen the quick advice thread when it was still relevant, but I would've just echoed the others. That was a snappy outfit choice.

Cajungal

Staff member
Congratulations on your book signing, Nick! :) You inspire me to follow my own dreams.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I signed and sold a total of 14 copies of my book last night! Admittedly, most of those were to friends and family, but still! Had some fun moments, though, like seeing strangers walk by and do a double-take when they saw Dill on the cover. Then, I'd say something like, "That is indeed an armadillo on the cover." One intrigued older woman stopped, crossed her arms and said, "Tell me more."
I think you may have just met the personification of the Internet.

As you can see, I have surpassed my 50,000 words!! I have 11 sections total. I have to type up a scene from section 9 (it's in my notebooks somewhere) and polish off the ending/epilogue. The rest of the sections are completely done.

I won't be submitting to agents for a few months. The holidays are always bad times. In January, everyone will be dying to get their NaNo creations out there. New Year's resolutions and all that. I'd rather do Beta testing. Get some readers. YAAAAAAAAAY!