The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Zappit

Staff member
The News: I'm probably starting a new webcomic.

The Good News: This isn't an ADD fueled switch, and it won't affect Supervillainous in any way. I found a collaborator, and I'm going to handle the writing duties.

The Best News: THIS guy is my (just about committed) partner on it.
http://paintedking.deviantart.com

Finally!! Scored my wife's Christmas present today (not like I was waiting or anything...). I think she's really going to like it.

She's getting a private shooting lesson from Dustin Ellerman, winner of Top Shot season 3.

I'ma so happay right now!!! :D:D:D

Finally!! Scored my wife's Christmas present today (not like I was waiting or anything...). I think she's really going to like it.

She's getting a private shooting lesson from Dustin Ellerman, winner of Top Shot season 3.

I'ma so happay right now!!! :D:D:D
The downside: Don't ever make your wife angry again. She won't miss.

That reminds of when I was younger, and my sister, having moved out of the house (she is quite a few years older than I am) gave me a shirt that said, "I miss my sister... but my aim is improving," with a picture of a slingshot on it.

Day off, bitches!

It's really nasty out today, with a lot of freezing rain. Mother Nature apparently hates the Maritimes right now because first we had RIDICULOUSLY cold days a few weeks ago (-25 C and below), then we were hit with a 30+ CM snowstorm, and today it's freezing rain.

I called a cab about an hour and a half before my shift started, asking them to pick me up for 11:30 when my shift started at 12. With this kind of weather, I knew the taxis would be busy.

When the cab still hadn't arrived at 11:45, I called them. They said I was next on the list. Yeah right. So I texted my boss and said I'd likely be late due to cabs.

At 12:10, he called me and asked if the cab was there for me yet. I said no, unsurprised. He said it wasn't busy at all, told me to cancel the cab and stay home, stay warm.

SO! Cab cancelled, pants removed, and now it's time for one of my favourite Christmas movies: DIE HARD. Ho ho ho, now I have a BluRay copy of it.

Sick. Feel like crap. Still got Supervillainous up early.
Like you think that's okay?!? You're supposed to be following the supreme example of the great and powerful Tastemaker!

Being ill for a day or two should have equaled two weeks of 1 strip or fill-ins! Slacker! ;)

The HHR is, for all practical purposes, mine. :)

Because of this pesky Christmas holiday, I won't take delivery until Thursday, but it's pretty much all mine at this point. The Buick is emptied out of pretty much everything - except a snow brush with scraper, which, of course, you HAVE to keep with you in this state.

It is indeed. Now we just have to finish paying off my wife's car - but that's still $350 I don't have to shell out every month anymore.

So, found out my ex-wife is dating a guy in Ohio. This makes me feel SOOOOOO happy. Why?

10 months ago when we were having problems, she was spending a lot of time playing computer games and chatting with her gaming friends online, one guy in particular. She would also accidentally bring up chatting with me on Skype (which we had never done) At any rate, I found this suspicious and at various times asked to see her phone to see her Skype or asked her about him to which she would get upset and tell me I was being paranoid, a jerk, that she couldn't deal with me acting like this, etc. etc.

WELL, it turns out that they're dating now after I found a pic of them cuddled up at a Bengals game on her Flickr feed. Why do I feel good about this?

1) I wasn't paranoid or crazy. There was something going on and I had every reason to be instinctual in this case. I have to learn to trust that in the future.
2) She had no intention of working on things or resolving things. She was ready to go and was looking for an exit strategy. I provided it when I left.
3) I don't have to feel guilty about leaving any more. I don't have to feel guilty about my feelings on not trying harder to work things out.
4) I can move on. Every time I've seen her, I would get that little lumpy ache in my heart that I blew something up and I should try to retain it. I don't have to worry about that any more.
5) I can actually "HATE" her with no guilt. I was screwed over. She lied, repeatedly. Made me feel bad about my feelings. I don't have to filter or play nice any more, trying to be friendly. There is no friendly any more.
6) I can date without guilt or looking back. Not that this was really stopping me but it certainly made me keep my walls up.

Basically, this was the best Xmas gift ever. I feel a 180lb weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

@Adam - Usually when you're gut is telling you there's cheating, it's cheating. Of course some would argue that I'm wrong, but the stats are usually right. Of course cheating has many levels but it's a solid 90% of the t ime one of the levels to be sure.
I'm both sorry and happy to hear it. Merry Christmas man.

She said yes! :D

She was so surprised she was completely speechless. She kept telling me there was no way I'd be able to surprise her, but not anymore. She was finally able to spit out a yes.

I don't think the full weight of being engaged has sunk in yet. Strange to be able to say I am.