The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

The move is done. We had to leave a decent amount of stuff (including a no-longer-running car that's going to VOA), and we still have to unpack what we picked up this weekend; but it's done. I am no longer a Washingtonian.

We were a block away from one another though I assure you my work day was much less entertaining.
I dunno, the time Eagles of Death Metal were on stage I was considering trying to squeeze in a quick nap. Work might've been more interesting!

Reactions: Far

GasBandit

Staff member
I dunno, the time Eagles of Death Metal were on stage I was considering trying to squeeze in a quick nap. Work might've been more interesting!
Do the Eagles of Death Metal literally play Eagles songs as if they were Death Metal? Somehow I don't think Peaceful Easy Feeling would translate to Growl.

Do the Eagles of Death Metal literally play Eagles songs as if they were Death Metal? Somehow I don't think Peaceful Easy Feeling would translate to Growl.
What about Seven Bridges Road? The guitar part lends itself nicely, but the rest would be completely destroyed.
And Lyin' Eyes would get a LOT more sinister.

--Patrick

They are just a pop band. That's why it was HILARIOUS when Fox News said that the audience deserved getting killed in Paris. Because Death Metal is evil and Islamic Terrorism is God's punishment.

So Judas Priest is putting out a new album early next year. They're of course touring for this. I expected, if they came to Canada at all, that they go to Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, y'know, not little old Ottawa.

They're coming to Ottawa (also Oshawa and London for whatever reason).

March 25th 2018.

I just got my ticket.

I AM SO FUCKIN' PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Building on what's already been said, they're a side project of one of the guys from Queens of the Stone Age. Basically the same music, but trying really really hard to be quirky. Really hard. Ugh.

That said, the best part of their set was when they covered Bowie and didn't butcher it. They've got some talent, they're just wasting it.

So Judas Priest is putting out a new album early next year. They're of course touring for this. I expected, if they came to Canada at all, that they go to Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, y'know, not little old Ottawa.

They're coming to Ottawa (also Oshawa and London for whatever reason).
London gets lots of the big acts, and Oshawa's really just another Toronto date - and more than that, it's a suburban Toronto date so it gets the huge swath of people who don't want to go downtown Toronto.

fade

Staff member
Life is good.

Like. Really good.

I have a girlfriend. :heart: She's amazing. Even if us happening was unexpected...wasn't really in my game plan, nor necessarily supposed to happen, but I'm definitely not mad about it. Just happy, very happy.

So. There you go. Life. :)

Go on.

Life is good.

Like. Really good.

I have a girlfriend. :heart: She's amazing. Even if us happening was unexpected...wasn't really in my game plan, nor necessarily supposed to happen, but I'm definitely not mad about it. Just happy, very happy.

So. There you go. Life. :)

EDIT: (Hey @Ravenpoe, I'm bi. Consider it announced. Among other things. ;) )

I am apparently...super behind on the life and times of Kags, but I am happy you are happy![DOUBLEPOST=1509597672,1509597405][/DOUBLEPOST]As for my epic win, well...this happemed. (spoilered for giant pic)