The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

My work has recently decided to rework the pay scales to keep them competitive with industry standards while also giving some people who deserve it a raise. I got my offer letter in the mail today. They are giving me a $12000/yr raise. That was not a typo. TWELVE Thousand dollars more a year.

I am freaking out just a bit. :aaah:

Sometime after the moving party... how's your back? ;)
I'll warm up the weasels.[DOUBLEPOST=1504056293,1504056240][/DOUBLEPOST]
My work has recently decided to rework the pay scales to keep them competitive with industry standards while also giving some people who deserve it a raise. I got my offer letter in the mail today. They are giving me a $12000/yr raise. That was not a typo. TWELVE Thousand dollars more a year.

Looks like General Specific is buying the booze for Gared's housewarming party.

You know, if you'd have just used a comma in there, there'd be no need to clarify that it's not a typo. Like so:

See?

You know, if you'd have just used a comma in there, there'd be no need to clarify that it's not a typo. Like so:

See?
My, work, has, recently, decided, to, rework, the, pay, scales, to, keep, them, competitive, with, industry, standards, while, also, giving, some, people, who, deserve, it, a, raise. I, got, my, offer, letter, in, the, mail, today. They, are, giving, me, a, $1,2,0,0,0/yr, raise. That, was, not, a, typo. TWELVE, Thousand, dollars, more, a, year.

I, am, freaking, out, just, a, bit. :aaah:,
Better?

Squidleybits: What do I need to roll to make my saving throw?
HCGLNS: *checks notes*...Umm, 4.
Squidleybits: *rolls* Yes! 7!
HCGLNS: ...That's a 1.
Squidleybits: What are you talking about? I clearly rolled a 7.
HCGLNS: On a six sided die?

Awwww yeah! Just got notice that a short story of mine was accepted for publication. Heckeva way to start the day!

EDIT: The story, by the way, might be one you've read before. It's been published elsewhere as "Administrative Duty." I changed the title to the funnier and more appropriate "The Red Tape Invasion."

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaaannnnd we're back. Furniture is starting to go up in the new place, I was actually able to cook dinner tonight (Shepherd's Pie, very filling and warm), and when the cats come out tonight we can put the bed frame together! The best part is, since there are two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, we can leave the downstairs completely unoccupied until we have it the way we want it (or at least until we repaint the master bedroom and get a shorter bed frame, like a sleigh bed). Actually, the best part is that it's ours, and that we don't have to do another full-scale move for the foreseeable future. There is still several thousands of dollars worth of our stuff in Washington that we'll have to go get at the end of the month, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.