The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

GasBandit

Staff member
Just scheduled all of my vacation for the year (and some of the next's), I'll have 4 weeks off mid-December to early January. Finally going back home to see the folks :)

Only downside is the low-cost flight we picked has a 20 hour layover in Schipol, so we're going to try to plan a tourism speedrun of Amsterdam (the alternative being to languish in the airport).
Well, while you languish, you could amuse yourself by trying to pronounce "Schipol" as the Dutch do, with the added challenge of not hacking up phlegm all over everything.

(This was a recurring source of amusement for Pauline, trying to teach me how to pronounce Dutch words - and this one in particular was a major stumbling block)

There's no connecting train that can get you home in less than 20 hours?
Yeah, that would be my choice if I were travelling alone, as it's only 11h of trains (19.5h if you have to use overnight ones due to schedule), and usually under $100/person. My SO hates travel, however, so if I try to chase a 10h plane ride (which she's already stressed about, and it's a half year away) with 10-19h of train, she is liable to be extremely miserable.

Well, while you languish, you could amuse yourself by trying to pronounce "Schipol" as the Dutch do, with the added challenge of not hacking up phlegm all over everything.

(This was a recurring source of amusement for Pauline, trying to teach me how to pronounce Dutch words - and this one in particular was a major stumbling block)
For one thing, it's Schiphol, with an H.
For another, the Dutch can't properly pronounce their own language, we Flemish do it much better :p
For a third, just go party with @Amorous Eyes for a night, it'll be fun.

I had an actual hobo run in with our older car today. Quite upsetting. I had no idea how to respond and I was worried that I was going to hurt him if I didn't get off his car.

I had an actual hobo run in with our older car today. Quite upsetting. I had no idea how to respond and I was worried that I was going to hurt him if I didn't get off his car.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look.

I mean, I'm trying to figure out how your run in would involve you having to get off.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look.

I mean, I'm trying to figure out how your run in would involve you having to get off.
Lol yeah my post didn't make much sense. Sorry.

I had a dude run out in front of my car as I was leaving a parking spot with take out and lay/lean sort of across the side of my hood/driver's side mirror area and would not move. He was motioning for me to open my window and when I did just a small bit he told me not to be scared and that he wanted money which I of course refused to give him. I was very worried that I was going to hurt him if I moved my car even slightly. I was very lucky that I was able to stop so quickly when he came out in the first place.

Buddy has a birthday coming up. He wants to run a one-shot Pathfinder adventure "with [his] closest friends."
I'm glad this is in this thread. I could read just this bit in the preview, and I full-on expected it to continue "...and he told me about it, because he wanted to borrow my source books and ask if I could take his shift that evening :( "

Glad that's not the case. Enjoy!

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the HalFitness or New Picture thread, but screw it. This is an Epic Win for me:

6.5km (4 miles) in 33 minutes. My best record yet. I must've been really motoring the whole way, too. Only stopped for short walks maybe 3 times and that was only for 30-60 seconds. Blame Rev Theory's Hell Yeah for making me move this fast.

July 25 6.5km in 32 Minutes.jpg

After over three years of wrangling with the federal government (multiple denials and a hearing with a lawyer) and living on my paycheck alone, my wife has finally been approved to be on SSDI (Disability) for all of her medical issues by said hearing judge - we should start getting a second amount of income every month (plus back pay) within the next month and a half.

After over three years of wrangling with the federal government (multiple denials and a hearing with a lawyer) and living on my paycheck alone, my wife has finally been approved to be on SSDI (Disability) for all of her medical issues by said hearing judge - we should start getting a second amount of income every month (plus back pay) within the next month and a half.
That's fantastic! That must have been one hell of a fight. I'm glad you won it.

That's fantastic! That must have been one hell of a fight. I'm glad you won it.
It was - got denied every 6 months until this spring when we had her hearing and even then it took them almost 4 months to send us the letter stating she got approved... It'll be such a relief to be able to have that second income again - but there is no way she could work with all of her issues, so we're finally glad that they approved it.

It was - got denied every 6 months until this spring when we had her hearing and even then it took them almost 4 months to send us the letter stating she got approved... It'll be such a relief to be able to have that second income again - but there is no way she could work with all of her issues, so we're finally glad that they approved it.
I'm glad you got that worked out for you. A lady in my workplace was going through the same thing with her husband. He was an auto mechanic that started suffering really bad shoulder and uppper spinal problems. It took them *as I can recall* close to 2 years to get that settled.

Now as a personal aside, noticing your tagline . . . damn what a small world this place is for me.
You're in Hoptropolis! Do me a favor if your diet/health allows, and go downtown to Ferrells and have a couple of double cheeseburgers and a bowl of chili for me.
'86 CCHS grad.

Now as a personal aside, noticing your tagline . . . damn what a small world this place is for me.
You're in Hoptropolis! Do me a favor if your diet/health allows, and go downtown to Ferrells and have a couple of double cheeseburgers and a bowl of chili for me.
'86 CCHS grad.
I actually just moved here from central Wisconsin and haven't done a lot of exploring yet... Will be doing more as time comes but will definitely have to check that place out.

I actually just moved here from central Wisconsin and haven't done a lot of exploring yet... Will be doing more as time comes but will definitely have to check that place out.
It's been awhile since I've been in that end of the state, but that place has been an institution for a reason. It's kinda in a half basement off of the street, some seating in the front, some in the back. The grill is/was right there in the front window as you go in. Burgers are White Castle sized hence the Double Cheeseburger request, and handmade/pounded out right there in front of you.

*edit* And one of my old Shadowrunning buddies is now a Chief Forester in that area, if you're an outdoors/parks type let me know and I'll nudge her for recommendations.

Last edited:
The screen makes it look like @Eriol is outside, leaning in through the window.
Maybe that would have helped. They absolutely slaughtered all the monsters. Even the Nothic was no barrier to them, and they two-shotted the evil mage!

I'm wondering if I should up the difficulty by adding more monsters to the other dungeons...

What do you think @Dirona?

:twisted:

Well the only reason it was easy was that the party is heavy resource based and we skipped to the end. If we went the long way around our resources would have been depleted before the big fights began.

Also two crits from strikers on big mobs helps a lot.