The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

My LTD got approved really quickly once our pay centre finally filled out their two page form that they had for over 100 days.

They approved it based on my application and didn't ask any of my doctors for additional information.

Unlurking briefly to join the Weird Al fan club... I’ve been only a very casual fan all along, but when the tour was coming through my neck of the woods, I thought I might as well finally go and see if the show lived up to the hype.

Yeah, it totally did. Great googly moogly, it was possibly the most fun I’ve ever had at a show! In fact, I loved the whole thing so much that I went back to see him again two weeks later. Even better the second time!

And now, back to lurker status!

On the one hand: Congrats! On the other: You have to take LTD? Man, that sucks. I'm sorry.
Yeah, it sucks. The rough part is that I probably should have gone off sooner. I stayed and worked earlier this year when I was in pretty bad shape and it made me worse.

The part that disturbs me is that they read my doctors note and the letter I wrote and approved it with no further investigation. They investigated my coworker's cancer a few years ago. I had heard how thorough they are and how picky they are and had prepared myself to possibly not be approved or to have months of tests etc.

I broke a nail! (A week ago now.)

Why is this an epic win? Because that's all that broke on me after hydroplaning and rolling the car into a ditch last Friday. While on the highway. Going, lets say, 90kms/hr (55mph?).
I'm still purple and red and yellow and blue all along where the seat-belt was though, and I have some strange lumps, but otherwise, yay!

Wear your seat-belts kids!
Seriously, if I hadn't been... yikes. Let's just say that the slight bruising on my head would likely have been a lot more that just slight. I didn't even have a black eye to show for all this. Nothing visible at all.

Also - we get a new-to-us car, cuz, ya know, write-off.

I'll leave it to @Eriol to post pictures. Not of me, of the car.

I broke a nail! (A week ago now.)

Why is this an epic win? Because that's all that broke on me after hydroplaning and rolling the car into a ditch last Friday. While on the highway. Going, lets say, 90kms/hr (55mph?).
I'm still purple and red and yellow and blue all along where the seat-belt was though, and I have some strange lumps, but otherwise, yay!

Wear your seat-belts kids!
Seriously, if I hadn't been... yikes. Let's just say that the slight bruising on my head would likely have been a lot more that just slight. I didn't even have a black eye to show for all this. Nothing visible at all.

Also - we get a new-to-us car, cuz, ya know, write-off.

I'll leave it to @Eriol to post pictures. Not of me, of the car.
As promised: Photos

And to add to the story, she was on said highway alone because she was going to be picking me up from the airport. So when I got there, no wife, and no message or whatever! Phoned her cell and a nurse at the hospital picked up.

To say my heart skipped a beat would be an understatement.

But she was OK. So then things were OK.

Unlurking briefly to join the Weird Al fan club... I’ve been only a very casual fan all along, but when the tour was coming through my neck of the woods, I thought I might as well finally go and see if the show lived up to the hype.

Yeah, it totally did. Great googly moogly, it was possibly the most fun I’ve ever had at a show! In fact, I loved the whole thing so much that I went back to see him again two weeks later. Even better the second time!

And now, back to lurker status!
Since I don't know much about you, I'm just going to assume you always travel with a full imperial posse.

I think that I see the problem with the front drivers side wheel, you needed to turn it further to the left.

Glad you are relatively okay though.

Since I don't know much about you, I'm just going to assume you always travel with a full imperial posse.
I try to change it up a bit—one month with the Empire, one month with ST:TNG officers, one month with the Harkonnen, one month with the Rohirrim—you know, that sort of thing...

(In truth, they were Al’s posse—he enlists a few members of the local 501st garrison to be his backup dancers onstage when he’s performing his Star Wars numbers, and they stick around taking photos and being generally awesome afterwards.)

I try to change it up a bit—one month with the Empire, one month with ST:TNG officers, one month with the Harkonnen, one month with the Rohirrim—you know, that sort of thing...

(In truth, they were Al’s posse—he enlists a few members of the local 501st garrison to be his backup dancers onstage when he’s performing his Star Wars numbers, and they stick around taking photos and being generally awesome afterwards.)
This has been an arrangement with Al for years: the 501st guys get to see the show and get the backstage treatment in exchange for doing the routine for select songs and doing photos with people... which, to be frank, is the entire point of the 501st anyway. As long as money isn't changing hands and they keep it out of Disney parks, Disney is cool with it, which is incredibly out of character for them. I honestly expected them to clamp down on the costuming stuff.

This has been an arrangement with Al for years: the 501st guys get to see the show and get the backstage treatment in exchange for doing the routine for select songs and doing photos with people... which, to be frank, is the entire point of the 501st anyway. As long as money isn't changing hands and they keep it out of Disney parks, Disney is cool with it, which is incredibly out of character for them. I honestly expected them to clamp down on the costuming stuff.
Disney actually brings the 501st into the parks for different events. It's happening less, because they're getting more costuming themselves, but they've been guests of Disney for many years with the Star Wars Weekends promotions. I fully expect to see a large presence when they have the official openings for the two parks Star Wars Lands.

That feeling when a new parent just approached me at beavers with an offer to help and already has their paperwork done and is a Paddle Canada instructor and a school teacher.

fade

Staff member
How is Disney dealing with fan films? I know Lucasfilm had an intentionally liberal fan policy much to everyone's delight.

FB_IMG_1475162445599.jpg

Was going through some old photos and found this one.

To the right of the cat on the pad is a doodle. That doodle would eventually become the first Valentines Day card I ever gave to @Squidleybits . Which would eventually become our matching tattoo.

So that's some fun photograph archaeology.

Last edited:
Awww, good old Chloe. She loved me when @HCGLNS and I were friends and I'd sometimes stay over in the guest room. When we started seeing each other and I started staying in his room, she hated me. Even when she was 16, she hated me.