The EPIC WIN Thread 2: EPIC HARDER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Things are getting serious.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting the girlfriend's parents for the first time. They sound like nice people, and the father's a kickass archer. So I'm looking forward to that.

Also, the girlfriend and I once agreed we won't be rushing to have sex, she's a virgin. And today she told me she's gonna go to her OB/GYN for a check-up and to get herself a prescription for the pill.

Is it too early to get a "Hell yeah"?
Haha, her dad is going to hunt you for sport.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping he won't. After all, the news of a bearded 27-year-old nerd dating his 19-year-old virgin daughter did not send him into a Rambo-like rage and shooting arrows with strongly-worded letters of caution through my windows at the dead of night.

C

Chazwozel

Things are getting serious.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting the girlfriend's parents for the first time. They sound like nice people, and the father's a kickass archer. So I'm looking forward to that.

Also, the girlfriend and I once agreed we won't be rushing to have sex, she's a virgin. And today she told me she's gonna go to her OB/GYN for a check-up and to get herself a prescription for the pill.

Is it too early to get a "Hell yeah"?
Haha, her dad is going to hunt you for sport.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping he won't. After all, the news of a bearded 27-year-old nerd dating his 19-year-old virgin daughter did not send him into a Rambo-like rage and shooting arrows with strongly-worded letters of caution through my windows at the dead of night.[/QUOTE]

It is, however, kind of a dick move on your part to announce to the forum that she is a virgin and that she's going on the pill. Considering that her picture is in the pictures thread, that's a big load of private information about her you just dumped on the internet.

You better be on your best behavior too. As a father myself, I'd be pretty skeptical of a 27 year old dude's intentions for my 19 year old daughter. I was joking about the hunting thing, but you best check yo self fo' you wreck yo self.

Dave

Staff member
4 Winds Fantasy Gaming will be releasing our Tome of Monsters in print and pdf in November. I developed 18 monsters for the book, as did the other contributors. We've placed the art orders and already I've gotten several pieces to review for my critters. Some of them are definitely going to be Epic Win. I can't post it here, because the art isn't mine, but I'm really looking forward to the finished product .
I'll bet some of those monsters are going to be riddled with logic and powers that make sense!!

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming will be releasing our Tome of Monsters in print and pdf in November. I developed 18 monsters for the book, as did the other contributors. We've placed the art orders and already I've gotten several pieces to review for my critters. Some of them are definitely going to be Epic Win. I can't post it here, because the art isn't mine, but I'm really looking forward to the finished product .
I'll bet some of those monsters are going to be riddled with logic and powers that make sense!![/QUOTE]

Where's the fun in that? :p

I'll bet some of those monsters are going to be riddled with logic and powers that make sense!![/QUOTE]

Some of them perhaps. I got a few more pieces of art yesterday, and I'll tell you, the artists are bringing their A-game. The Wendigo, Redcap, and Bhoot all came out perfectly. The Hihi looks pretty awesome, but one of the proportions is pretty funky, it needs to be changed.

North_Ranger

Staff member
... Oops. :oops:

Guess I got carried away with such revelations. After six years of undesired singledom, I tend to get wildly excited (NOT IN THAT SENSE! ...yet) about these sorta things.

Anyway, I was on my best behavior. I had a chat with her folks, and with both mom and dad separately so we got to know each other better. The dad's a real fine fellow if you ask me, a laidback guy who came to greet me in shorts and t-shirt. We had grilled sausages and salad, followed by coffee and biscuits, and I think I made a good impression on them as they said they'd like to meet again (or maybe they were just being polite. Hmmm... :hmmm: ). Even their dog liked me.

Anyway, my high hopes for this relationship continue with an ongoing rising trend. More news as they... no, scratch that. I'll let you know if I let you know.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Yay wake up sex!
If my memory serves, such happenstance is indeed yayworthy.

yay, flashed my Samsung Moment from Android 1.5 to 2.1, by hand, without any hiccups or problems. Installed my backup software, and re-installed all my apps from backup.

Total time from start to finish: 20 minutes.

I think this has got to be the easiest OS update I've ever performed in my life.

You know what's sad? This damn phone is probably 10X more powerful than the first computer I ever bought myself (and paid about $5000 for--in 80's dollars!)

North_Ranger

Staff member
Welcome to the future, Tin. There's one thing that vexes me about this development: the moon landing was accomplished with computers whose processing power wouldn't run even the simplest of PC games these days. And yet we're still stuck here when we should be colonizing Mars :p

As soon as they find gold/oil/something valuable on another planet in our solar system, we'll have a base there within 2 years.

Just FWY, here's a chart showing my first computer's power compared to my phone. I weep with how old I am.
Code:
                      Apple 2+                  Samsung Moment
processor             1MhZ                      800MhZ
storage (built in)    140K floppy               256mb
storage (I added)     8mb                       4gb           
screen                40x40 lo-res (16 colors)  320x480 (millions of colors)
                      280×192 hi-res (6 colors)
total cost
after addons          $6200                     $99.00 with 2 year update to my service contract

North_Ranger

Staff member
Let me put it this way. My first computer was a Commodore 64.
I was gonna say that getting a computer with a CD-ROM drive was a huge technological and entertainment leap forward for my family, but I think it pales in comparison by your technological terror.

I'd still like to see a modern update to one of my favorite old C64 games - Centauri Alliance. It was an RPG with 6 playable character races including optional robot NPCs.

fade

Staff member
There was a complete C64, including manuals and all cables, in my attic when I moved in. Still works fine.

I do have a few of those, including Yie Ar Kung Fu and Koronis Rift (which I think would make a great updated game).

Jet's palate surgery was a success! Even better? Today he is recovering wonderfully. He's eating like a pig and drinking like a fish so they took his IV out early then expected. Now he's exploring the hopsital ward and playrooms. He hasn't even needed any pain meds since really early this morning. :)

So..win!

North_Ranger

Staff member
The kid's a real trooper :) Give him lotsa hugs and tummy-tickles from us, okay? From mommy's weird... foreign... friends... from... the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.