The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Dave

Staff member
I was browsing Twitch this morning and came on this guy playing No Man's Sky. Well, NMS was on, but he was asleep. So I said something in chat. And found out he had text to speech turned on and it woke him up. On a whim I clipped it and put it on /r/livestreamfail. The video now has 23K views and rising. As of this writing it's the 13th most popular clip on Twitch today. The guy has gotten about 70 new follows.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was browsing Twitch this morning and came on this guy playing No Man's Sky. Well, NMS was on, but he was asleep. So I said something in chat. And found out he had text to speech turned on and it woke him up. On a whim I clipped it and put it on /r/livestreamfail. The video now has 23K views and rising. As of this writing it's the 13th most popular clip on Twitch today. The guy has gotten about 70 new follows.

Damn, we should fall asleep during our own streams I guess.

Dave

Staff member
Right?!? But the dude is awake now and people are trolling him. The trouble is, he's kind of whacked out, whether it's drugs or mental illness. But he's taking the trolls seriously and answering their weird questions.

Dave

Staff member
Aw man. The clip is gone and his channel has been removed. Not sure why or how. Don't know if he did it or if Twitch did. I feel like a complete asshole if my clip is the reason.

GasBandit

Staff member
"It looks like something out of a tentacle hentai!"
(shit eating grin) "Maybe that's why I like it!" - Blaithin

BLAITHIN DE BURCA, HAVE MY BABIES

"It looks like something out of a tentacle hentai!"
(shit eating grin) "Maybe that's why I like it!" - Blaithin

BLAITHIN DE BURCA, HAVE MY BABIES
What these guys are missing is that the packaging and stringiness is supposed to be evocative of the chewing tobacco that seemed to be ubiquitous among baseball players when I was a kid. Modern packaging can't really glamorize tobacco by making the association obvious. But the old school packaging from my youth had no qualms.

Of course, back then, you could still get candy cigarettes at any convenience store, and that's exactly why the shredded-jerky-in-a-Skoal can was invented, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
What these guys are missing is that the packaging and stringiness is supposed to be evocative of the chewing tobacco that seemed to be ubiquitous among baseball players when I was a kid. Modern packaging can't really glamorize tobacco by making the association obvious. But the old school packaging from my youth had no qualms.
Yeah, I went to go inform them and found 50 other guys in the comments had already let them know, heh.

Of course, back then, you could still get candy cigarettes at any convenience store, and that's exactly why the shredded-jerky-in-a-Skoal can was invented, too.

But do they appreciate that grape Big League Chew, for no reason, tasted like mayonnaise? :puke:

Seriously though, I ate a ton of that jerky in high school.

GasBandit

Staff member
Woodmen Road in Colorado Springs - my old stomping grounds - in the aftermath of the March 13th "bomb cyclone" snowstorm.

Boy am I glad I was warm and safe in the sticky hotness of Texas.