The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Dave

Staff member
The guys who wrote this and Butt Drugs one are Rhett & Link, the guys behind Good Mythical Morning. They are also the ones who did the whole Chuck Testa thing.

They have a side company that takes local businesses & towns and makes offbeat commercials for them.

In fact, Rhett & Link are in the commercials. They are the black haired guy and blonde guys that have the spray paint cans with the old man.

And the drugs being offered at the beginning are clearly 200mg ibuprofen tablets.
Rhett & Link are in the commercials. They are the black haired guy and blonde guys that have the spray paint cans with the old man.
Y’know, it’s so obvious once you point it out.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems like they're getting a lot of sponsored videos lately.

This one's less about the anime and more about asking BS questions they can't answer so they get buckets of slime dumped on them, a-la "You Can't Do That On Television." And I really enjoyed seeing them get slimed.

New Travelodge built, everything finished up. Well, except for paying the wages of this one guy...

Although in fairness toTravelodge apparently it was a subcontractor that hadn't paid him.

GasBandit

Staff member
New Travelodge built, everything finished up. Well, except for paying the wages of this one guy...

Although in fairness toTravelodge apparently it was a subcontractor that hadn't paid him.
And just about everywhere I've seen that posted over the last couple days, most of the comments have been "I've been in his situation, I wish I had the balls to do the same."

And just about everywhere I've seen that posted over the last couple days, most of the comments have been "I've been in his situation, I wish I had the balls to do the same."
Yeah right up until he gets taken to court for the costs of repairing all the damage he did. Although someone has already set up a GoFundMe to pay him his wages & any legal fees he'll need.

I want to put this in the proper thread, but unless @philosopher b. decides to come back and reopen it, I'll just have to leave it here instead.
As somewhat of a musician myself, I'm always happy to watch other people discover stuff, pick it apart, and then decide to share it, especially when done well.

--Patrick

I've been watching let's plays of Kingdom Hearts III, and I really appreciate the fact that the Pixar characters pretty much deal "no sell" reactions to the Organization XIII goons.

Ro is so excessively happy and excited beyond that of any normal human being that i'm concerned that she may actually be a robot designed and programmed for that purpose.

Which is all well and good until she gives the signal which prompts her growing army to destroy us all.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, as for "why were they filming" that's clearly dashcam footage. Much like mine, I suspect it is "filming" whenever the car is on, and deletes old footage to make room for new.