The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

GasBandit

Staff member

The only way this could be any better would be for the Real Life Doodles guy to work on it.

--Patrick
When I lived in El Paso in the early 90s, there was one particularly windy day where we experienced that very phenomenon in our back yard. The tumbleweeds were mostly between 3 and 5 feet in size. In order to not have to clean them up later at a slower and more tedious rate, I donned thick gloves and long sleeve garments (tumbleweeds are covered in thorns and hurt, even when they AREN'T being propelled by 60 mph winds), then went out in the back yard with a rake handle. I'd use it to skewer them through the middle, then whip them up into the air. The wind would catch them again and carry them over the (2 story) house, and off into some other poor schmuck's yard.

It went well for about half an hour, then after I had just flung one up, I turned around to address the next, and caught a 5-footer square in the face.

Dave

Staff member
I was driving back from Colorado Springs late one evening. The road was dark as shit - only able to see the small bit of road where the headlights hit. The family was completely asleep. I was starting to get a bit heavy-lidded myself when suddenly OH FUCK WHAT IT THAT?!? As something darted out in front of the car and right under the front wheels. I slammed on the brakes after yelling and waking everyone up, I pulled to the side of the road (even thought there were no other vehicles in any direction) and got out to check. Yup. Tumbleweed. Scared the living shit out of me. I thought I'd killed someone or some poor animal.

Fucking tumbleweeds.

Ha! I remember those bumpers! I used to love it when CN used to do those (though my favorite will always be the Wonder Twins PSA).

Dave

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1475246825,1475246644][/DOUBLEPOST]They cut the solo at the end!! WTF? Okay, here's another version. The video isn't as bad, but they don't fuck up the ending.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wow, uh... the space station is shaking in a way that, were we playing KSP, I would be anticipating imminent vehicle breakup O_O

Edit: oh thank god, it's somebody's helmet cam, doing work in a stationary enough manner to interpret the head bobbing as turbulence.

Dave

Staff member
Did you guys read the notes under the video? Their public chat was getting trolled by the Flat Earth Society.

Been a long time since I've cast anything. Those actually look practical.
Plus I bet he no longer has any trouble with that stupid door closing on him unexpectedly.

--Patrick

Short version: AMD

Long version: Apparently from what I read, they put a cpu (FX-9590) into a motherboard (MSI-970) that, while having the correct socket type, is not rated for the wattage the CPU draws. Drastic overheating ensued.

That CPU also comes with big warnings not to put it into that motherboard.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have changed the socket, but still...

I've never heard of this Pogo guy until that video hit reddit.

--Patrick
He was really big a few years back with his Disney remixes (Up, Toy Story, various classics, etc), then sort of flew under the radar for awhile.

But points off for him not committing to the Picard role by shaving his head.
I mean, if you read what he had to do just to get the Data eyes and uniform color in the video description, I can give a pass.