The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Any woman who is THAT forward just comes across as desperately trying too hard. I don't care how hot she is, that'd be a major turn-off for me right there. She's acting way too crazy and desperate to get this guy to agree to anything.
I'd be wary of it being some sort of honeypot scam, so I'd never fall for something like that.

Instead, if my wife wants to test my loyalty, she should ask that girl who I used to work with to reconnect with me on Facebook, and chat with me a bit, and then have her complain that she's been really lonely ever since she broke up with her boyfriend because he was a cheating sleazebag, not a good guy like I am, and maybe we could grab a coffee sometime, and I wouldn't necessarily need to bring my wife along, she doesn't have to know...

Well, if you liked that Tony Zhou video - the one about the Marvel Symphonic Universe, you should watch this. And if you didn't like that Tony Zhou video, you should definitely watch this one. It is a counterpoint to the arguments Zhou makes about music in modern blockbusters.
I think the Marvel movies are 50/50. I can definitely hum the tune from Kenneth Branagh's Thor.

Also:

fade

Staff member
Well, if you liked that Tony Zhou video - the one about the Marvel Symphonic Universe, you should watch this. And if you didn't like that Tony Zhou video, you should definitely watch this one. It is a counterpoint to the arguments Zhou makes about music in modern blockbusters.
An interesting video, but he seems to end up basically agreeing with Zhou, more than countering him.

An interesting video, but he seems to end up basically agreeing with Zhou, more than countering him.
I think he was trying to say that Zhou didn't give a complete picture. Zhou seems to argue that temp music is boring and samey because of temp qua temp, but he argues that rip-off sounds and temp music are part of a rich history in Hollywood, and that the loss of melodic themes isn't just because of samey, lazy temp, but rather samey, lazy temp is the result of a different cause.

Dave

Staff member
If I were single I'd have turned down that overly aggressive chick. For that matter, if a young girl walked up to me like that the first thing I'd think is trap. Just doesn't happen to me any more.

GasBandit

Staff member
If I were single I'd have turned down that overly aggressive chick. For that matter, if a young girl walked up to me like that the first thing I'd think is trap. Just doesn't happen to me any more.
She came on too strong for any age. Pretty much any dude's "something's wrong here" alarm would go off in that situation. Even in my prime, I would have thought I was being pranked at the very least.

GasBandit

Staff member
What's this? An OnlyLeigh video that DOESN'T drive me up the wall?

Man, it's amazing what you can do when you don't draw everybody constantly looking the opposite way they're facing.