The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

See, I both love and hate Weird Al now. I love him and what he does, but I hate nearly all the songs he parodies now. I can't fucking STAND most of the current "pop/rap/hiphop" stuff (metal and harder rock is still great!) and to have to listen to them even with Al's comedy lyrics is just painful.
Well actually if anything it makes Weird Al's job that much easier, and I enjoy him making the crap songs of today so much better, White & Nerdy is a good example, although to be honest the video is what makes that one great.

GasBandit

Staff member
I find, over the last few albums, the actual parodies entertain me less but the polka medley renditions entertain me more.

Dave

Staff member
Well actually if anything it makes Weird Al's job that much easier, and I enjoy him making the crap songs of today so much better, White & Nerdy is a good example, although to be honest the video is what makes that one great.
While I totally understand what you mean, his 10 minute parody of "Trapped In a Closet" is just as long and cringe-worthy as the original piece of shit song. You can only make a shit pie taste so good. I mean, you can enjoy it a little, but its main ingredient is still shit.

That song sucks. Sucks hard. Out loud.

It has nothing to do with old, it's crap music.
Considering I work in an office where I'm guaranteed to hear Happy, I'd much rather have the Weird Al lyrics going through my head to spice it up a bit.

I mean, you're old.

Unlike those jerks in the 50s. They just were hating on the new rock n roll sound.
No, they were pretty much right too.

They went from, "Fly me to the moon, let me play amongst the stars, I want to know what Spring is like on Jupiter and Mars..." to "Wap bam a loomba, wop bam boom! Tuty Fruity on Rudy..."

That. Was really good.
The whole album is fantastic. His best in a long time by far, and a perfect sendoff for his record deal (this was his last with his label after like 30 years).[DOUBLEPOST=1405526900,1405526701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also this was a shitty season finale. About a 1:15 of rapping and barely more than two lines per character (considering how fun this concept could have been, a huge waste), compared to the amazing s2 ending (Russian dictators/presidents). They should have saved Newton/Nye or Superman/Goku for the last rap.

The whole album is fantastic. His best in a long time by far, and a perfect sendoff for his record deal (this was his last with his label after like 30 years).[DOUBLEPOST=1405526900,1405526701][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also this was a shitty season finale. About a 1:15 of rapping and barely more than two lines per character (considering how fun this concept could have been, a huge waste), compared to the amazing s2 ending (Russian dictators/presidents). They should have saved Newton/Nye or Superman/Goku for the last rap.
Yeah, compared to the amazing end of S2, this one was really lackluster. I would expect this to be a normal episode, not a big finale.

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1405554588,1405554289][/DOUBLEPOST]And speaking of...

[DOUBLEPOST=1405555014][/DOUBLEPOST]Acoustic Daft Punk medley is surprisingly good.

GasBandit

Staff member
"Weird Al" Yankovic's last video, Handy, is available at Yahoo!.

https://screen.yahoo.com/weird-al-yankovic-handy-parody-133702425.html
Aaaaaand we're back to amusing lyrical parodies that illustrate how musically bankrupt the original source material is. Seriously, that song's accompaniment is the same 8 notes (consisting of 4 unique notes) over and over and over and over... with no instruments on harmony, just some choral effects on the vocals. It's like... Ross Gellar caliber.