TGWTG 3rd Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Spoony way more than anything on Channel Awesome long before he joined them and will continue to (if he ever posts some damn game reviews).

This news along with the direction Doug is taking Channel awesome is just another reason I've removed TGWTG from my bookmarks, while still keeping Spoony. Though he may join them soon enough if he doesn't start getting some work done.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Movement is MUCH easier to understand if you have a grid map to look at. Each section on a normal D&D map is 5 feet, so if you have a speed of 30, you can move 6 squares an action. Every other move option is just a variation of the normal move action, so it's not hard to understand once you visually see how it works.
Even better idea, dispose of your D&D books and buy Mutants and Masterminds.

So apparently Lindsay Ellis (Nostalgia Chick) is friends with Mara Wilson (child actress from Matilda). I...did not expect that.

I've barely checked the site lately, not because NC is done but really nobody's been on their game lately, at least to me. I used to keep up with Lupa, Phelous and Oancitizen but I guess I've just lost interest for now.

I honestly think Doug Walker's ego is going to be the death of the site. He's already shown how bad he is about it by refusing to let the other producers write for the yearly movie, then he hung up his most famous character to work on something no one is really all that interested in.

So apparently Lindsay Ellis (Nostalgia Chick) is friends with Mara Wilson (child actress from Matilda). I...did not expect that.
Astoria seems to attract a lot of mid-20s artsy people. My New York friend gatherings always occur at one friend's apartment there and you can kind of see it.

On a whim, I tried watching some of Angry Joe for a change. I'd always found him annoying in any crossovers, but for some reason, he's much more reigned back in his own videos. Plus, he does some great critiques of the video games he reviews. I found myself agreeing with him more times than not.

He's not someone I'll go out of my way to watch with every new video, but I'm starting to enjoy his reviews.

On a whim, I tried watching some of Angry Joe for a change. I'd always found him annoying in any crossovers, but for some reason, he's much more reigned back in his own videos. Plus, he does some great critiques of the video games he reviews. I found myself agreeing with him more times than not.

He's not someone I'll go out of my way to watch with every new video, but I'm starting to enjoy his reviews.
Yeah he's definitely a good watch. Has a hell of a lot of videos though, would take a while to watchem all. The one I think was the funniest that I saw was the one where he did a rant on how Chick Filet is always closed on Sunday. Funny as hell.

So, Demo Reel is absolutely terrible. I just can't stand it.

On the other hand, Spoony started his FF13 review, and I'm loving it.

So, Demo Reel is absolutely terrible. I just can't stand it.
For some reason the death of the Nostalgia Critic single-handedly made me lose all interest in TGWTG. I don't know why, I did like going to see videos from Phaelous and Film Brain, but without Nostalgia Critic there to punctuate me going to visit ever Wednesday, I now just skip the site entirely.

For some reason the death of the Nostalgia Critic single-handedly made me lose all interest in TGWTG. I don't know why, I did like going to see videos from Phaelous and Film Brain, but without Nostalgia Critic there to punctuate me going to visit ever Wednesday, I now just skip the site entirely.
It was removed from my bookmarks that day too. Haven't been back since.

I Actually do go to Phaelus's actual site for his and Lupa's videos. I also follow the blip accounts of Diamanda Hagan and Cinema Snob. Pretty much the only reason I go to TGWTG anymore is to watch Nostalgia Chic and Film Brain videos.

I do also visit Blistered Thumbs, but I usually go directly to their site as well.

Oh, yeah, I follow Oancitizen's Blip as well. His 50th review was brilliant. I really thought he was going to stop doing reviews for most of it. Shit got DARK.

Oh, yeah, I follow Oancitizen's Blip as well. His 50th review was brilliant. I really thought he was going to stop doing reviews for most of it. Shit got DARK.
I haven't checked him in a month or so, I need to catch up. I really have to be in the mood for these review videos now.

I still visit TGWTG to check out Bum Reviews, Paw's Music Movies, and Bennett the Sage's Anime Abandon. But Demo Reel? Kinda terrible. I get that they wanted to move on before the character got stale but what they've moved onto is much worse than what they had.

And yeah, Spoony's been hitting them out of the park lately. He's just taking forever to get stuff out. He really needs a support crew but I can't imagine he's making enough to pay for one.

I hope Spoony's FF13 gets better. There's a lot to really hate about the game, but nitpicking stupid shit like robes for 15 minutes is pretty lame.

I hope Spoony's FF13 gets better. There's a lot to really hate about the game, but nitpicking stupid shit like robes for 15 minutes is pretty lame.
I would complain, if his nitpicky rants weren't awesome. The fact that he goes off on minutiae is kind of his thing. He even says as much in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.