[Rant] Tech Whine Like a baby thread

Reactions
561 229 11
I think the GTX 750 Ti is probably my option, but unfortunately I have a few other big-ticket items I'm going to have to worry about over the next few months before I could even consider a graphics card.

That, of course, means BeamNG.drive is UselessWare on my Steam account until then.

Reactions
1,942 565 15
I think the GTX 750 Ti is probably my option, but unfortunately I have a few other big-ticket items I'm going to have to worry about over the next few months
Wow, you weren't kidding.

ygbkm_ti.png

...and that's not even for the Ti version. But hey, at least the shipping is free.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,942 565 15
Yeah, I know it's just another example of the auto-listing Amazon bots getting a little too price-happy (as often happens), but COME ON that's ridiculous to the point of "SOME sort of limiter should've kicked in by now!"

--Patrick

Reactions
741 127 0
Yeah, I know it's just another example of the auto-listing Amazon bots getting a little too price-happy (as often happens), but COME ON that's ridiculous to the point of "SOME sort of limiter should've kicked in by now!"

--Patrick
You'd think. But you'd be wrong. :D

I once took one of my books offline for 24 hours because I fixed a few typos, an it takes about that long for amazon's systems to review and get everything back online.

By the time the book came back online, the automated bots worked themselves up to a frenzy and one of them was offering the paperback version of my book for $16,000

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
The latest update to google hangouts removed the function to set notification sounds individually by conversation.

I know it's pointless to gripe at them since they're shutting down Hangouts anyway in october, but I'm mystified as to why they would go through the effort to remove features piecemeal between now and then.

Reactions
1,503 279 4
The latest update to google hangouts removed the function to set notification sounds individually by conversation.

I know it's pointless to gripe at them since they're shutting down Hangouts anyway in october, but I'm mystified as to why they would go through the effort to remove features piecemeal between now and then.
They aren't getting rid of it as much as they are rebranding it for the millionth time.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,099 1,288 27
They aren't getting rid of it as much as they are rebranding it for the millionth time.
Right now the "rebranded" version is only available to gsuite users (paid business clients)... so until we hear otherwise, it's as good as going away.

I'm still pissed they decided to put extra effort into removing a feature.

Reactions
210 27 2
Supposed to have gotten a new rack in this week so we could setup my location as a backup data recovery site, but the delivery company says that I told them to deliver it today. I certainly said no such thing and never even spoke to them about delivery. I did notice my name in nice big letters on the side, so I'm thinking they had a snafu and used my name to cover their asses. I think this because they said that they had talked to "Matthew" when anyone who speaks to me for 3 seconds knows I prefer to be called Matt.

I'm kinda pissed off about this, but I'm also not high enough up the ladder to really complain about it.