Tech minor victory thread

Reactions
448 161 10
Hey, anyone else have this problem when opening up Google today?

I went to the main search page, and this is what I got:

Reactions
1,299 343 12
Getting to the insides of the laptop was less fraught than I expected. Now all I need is for the mail to arrive with the new RAM.
I am also waiting for RAM to arrive. It's coming from CA, though, so even though it was supposed to arrive this past Fri, I'm gonna give some slack for the fires, etc.

--Patrick

Reactions
3,161 739 14
Got my laptop back from its warranty repairs today! The keyboard works again! They didn't even wipe the hard drive like I was afraid they would!

My joy has been slightly dampened by the fact that an update has broken hamachi on the laptop, but at least this is something I can fix, albeit a bit of a hassle.

Reactions
231 19 4
Got my laptop back from its warranty repairs today! The keyboard works again! They didn't even wipe the hard drive like I was afraid they would!

My joy has been slightly dampened by the fact that an update has broken hamachi on the laptop, but at least this is something I can fix, albeit a bit of a hassle.
Considering what's on the hard drive, I'm surprised you didn't get a visit from the FBI.

:ninja:

Reactions
3,161 739 14
What, you don’t keep a drive prepared as the one you swap into whatever machine you are sending in for service?

—Patrick
Nah, this laptop was still brand new, I got it in september. Nothing on it but steam, hamachi, and teamviewer, and discord I guess. So it wasn't really worth messing with. No personal stuff at all.

I've already reinstalled hamachi and fixed it so it is working again.