Tech minor victory thread

Reactions
7,573 1,605 30
Spent a little more than I'd intended yesterday. Asked some questions about the TV I'd had my eye on going in. Turns out even tough it's an upgrade from what I was running, it wasn't as capable as other similar models. Plus Sharp is really a rebadged HiSense using big brother's hand-me-down parts.

So I went with a TCL 50S425 instead. Only $10 more, but significantly more capable. Reviewed very well as a PC monitor, too.
That's very similar to the TV I just got a couple weeks ago for my living room. I'm very happy with it, and I think you will be, too.

Reactions
7,573 1,605 30
Got me a new cable modem and router... and now my gigabit internet is behaving like it should. I just got 850 megabit from fast.com, which is netflix... so I'm pretty happy with it.

The modem/router my ISP had been renting me was just utter garbage. I was getting double digit ping times to MY OWN MODEM. It's amazing the difference good equipment makes.

Reactions
289 157 2
in relation to that Comcast keeps trying to remotely flash my own modem with their firmware and its driving me crazy as it sucks compared to what the actual vendor has supplied as their current firmware.