[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

DS9 doesn't really pick up until the Dominion War starts and the show starts doing stuff that no other ST series has done before or since.

The Wire didn't particularly grab me either and I feel guilty about it too.

DS9, The Wire, and Mad Men are all shows I know I should like but never really got into.

:aaah: Just finished the Orphan Black season finale!

How does a Sci Fi show set in modern Mississauga rack up a body count higher than GoT!!!:Leyla:

Orphan Black

Just watched the first episode. Holy crap, I'm in. Kind of wish all the promotional stuff for the show didn't mention

clones

but I guess it's obvious that something is up right from the get go.

I'm watching Enterprise, the Star Trek show I didn't really watch a whole lot of.

It's pretty not good.
I'm told the last two seasons of Enterprise are actually pretty good, mainly because it was finally drifting away from the Trek formula and making something different.

I think that's kind of key to determine if a Trek series is good. Classic and TNG are good, but they were from a more optimistic time. DS9 keeps getting all it's praise because it actually addressed the flaws with the Federation and it's politics.

I honestly haven't found a single series of Star Trek that I've become invested in enough to watch the entire thing.

So I'm on the fourth episode of Orphan Black. A few spoilered thoughts so far.

-While the main actress is fantastic, am I alone in thinking she looks too young to be a copy? Even a rookie?
-Holy crap is she fantastic. What actor or actress wouldn't dream of a role like this where they can play so many different personalities. And man, does she ever pull it off.
-I loved when she was acting like Katja and they played a German version of "These boots are made for walking." I was already sold on the show, but that sold it 100% for me.
-The appearance of the killer Helena makes things REALLY interesting.

I've seen every episode of Voyager because I was a dumb kid at one point and I've probably seen ether all of or almost all of TNG. Still need to see like half of DS9. The problem is that the DVD sets are priced like fucking Anime sets and I don't want to get Netflix right now.

I'm a Star Trek fan, so I have actually watched all of TNG, DS9, and even Voyager. The latter, I'll admit, is very hit and miss. I'd even be willing to admit it's mostly miss. But I just like the characters a lot and how they grow as a family as the show progresses. There's no way near as much character development as DS9, but I'd say there's more development than, say, TNG.

fade

Staff member
Only TNG here. I saw a lot of TOS as a kid, but that's so long ago that they all look new now.

fade

Staff member
You wouldn't download a car. Unless of course 3D printing had evolved to the point of printing a functioning car. Then you'd download the hell out of that thing.

The food 3d printer, if it ever produces anything more than tasteless nutrient paste, is going to be awesome.
I know someone was trying to make a burrito one a while back. I fully predict that will be the first step in it: food paste injected into an edible container, like a hot pocket.

I don't know anyone that can reliably say they've seen every single episode of a particular variant of Star Trek, except for DS9.

But, you know, I've watched several episodes of dr who and haven't been able to get into it, while others around me can't get enough, so, horses for courses and all that.
Hello! I have seen every episode of all six shows at least twice. So now you know someone, and knowing is half way to hating.

So, as I've said earlier in this thread, I've been watching Enterprise. I'm 3 episodes into the third season and I've slammed directly into a fucking terrible Voyager episode and I'm terrified this whole season is going to be full of shitty Voyageresque episodes based on the premise of the season (cut off from Earth in scary enexplored mysterious space). This one was almost Threshold bad.

How many times is this show going to fall back on "My vulcan physiology makes me immune"?

GasBandit

Staff member
So, as I've said earlier in this thread, I've been watching Enterprise. I'm 3 episodes into the third season and I've slammed directly into a fucking terrible Voyager episode and I'm terrified this whole season is going to be full of shitty Voyageresque episodes based on the premise of the season (cut off from Earth in scary enexplored mysterious space). This one was almost Threshold bad.

How many times is this show going to fall back on "My vulcan physiology makes me immune"?
Have you seen "A Night in Sickbay" yet? (The one where Archer's dog is ill)

GasBandit

Staff member
Some people say it's the worst episode of any trek series. There's a part in it where Archer literally demands of T'pol "how dare she" do something that he ordered her to do (and she doesn't call him on it, just says he's being "irrational," which he is but just comes off as a general statement).