[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Finished season 1 of Justice League Unlimited, including the Batman Beyond finale.

JLU: This is waaay better than Justice League. The solid continuity and season-long story arc, along with focusing on the smaller heroes much of the time, shaped a phenomenal set of episodes. Lots of characters got to shine in their own ways, whether they were JL founders or others.

But the last episode, the Batman Beyond one--that was disappointing.

In fact, the only part I really liked was the flashback to Batman with Ace.

But the rest of it felt unnecessary and kind of limp, particularly Terry's "what if I left them" imaginings and Waller's "God works in mysterious ways" speech. I feel like the only reason they did this episode was to explain why Terry had black hair, something my wife and I had noted in re-watching Batman Beyond.

You know what DS9 finally did? Acknowledged what holodecks would REALLY be used for.

Quark employs ferengi jizz moppers. Poor Rom.

Just finished the second season of Wilfred. Arguably not as funny as the first season, but it makes up for it in sheer MIND FUCKERY! You ever watch something that freaks you out so much you almost feel high? Well thats this show.

Still watching DS9. I had forgotten how beautiful the actress who played Leeta was. She's aged like a fine wine too. She looks incredible at 50.

Spoilered cause it's big.

Just finished the second season of Wilfred. Arguably not as funny as the first season, but it makes up for it in sheer MIND FUCKERY! You ever watch something that freaks you out so much you almost feel high? Well thats this show.
I could not get into Wilfred at all. I really wanted to like it, because it seems to be the type of show that I would love. However, I just didn't find it funny or compelling at all.

Currently on 3rd season of 30 Rock and Liz is starting to get kind of annoying, like JD in season 4 of Scrubs type of annoying, where the main character becomes ridiculous in their sad-sackery and just makes everyone miserable.

Okay, season finale of Hannibal...HOLY SHIT! All I gots to say.
I only know what happened because of Tumblr fandom--but it's convinced me I need to start watching that show. I'll catch up on this season over the summer if NBC.com allows. It seems like they're doing two things I was really hoping they would do, start going through the stuff that's in the books, and changing that stuff. I saw some promotional art that suggests the Red Dragon will show up next season. That's fucking awesome. There's potential for this show to be better than the movies, if it can stay on the air.

Jeffrey Combs is one of the most under-appreciated character actors of all time. Seriously, when isn't he the very best thing about what he's involved in (now, that's often because what he's involved in is terrible, but hey.)?

Weyoun is probably my favorite villain in all of Star Trek. The character is always so pleasantly malevolent.

Necronic

Staff member
watched about half of season 4 of The League. I don't know if they changed a writer or just got lazy, but the show is dramatically worse than in the first 3 seasons. I don't even know if I am going to finish the season.

I dunno, it's definitely not as good as the earlier ones, but it's still one of the funnier shows on tv, even at decreased quality.

Under the Dome

Just finished watching the first episode. And it's...pretty good. Nothing spectacular, but it's a neat concept that could make for an interesting mini-series (I think it's 13 episodes and that's it). Some of the characters - especially the "bad guys" - are a bit eye rolling, but that's to be expected with a Stephen King adaptation.

Still, it had some neat effects and some decent acting. It's enough for me to keep watching it for now.

If I knew that Under the Dome was a mini-series, I might have watched this. But it was advertised as a continuing series, and I just could not see how it could run for 5 years... So I did not bother. Now I kinda wish I did.

Not yet, but it's only been the first episode. I would assume (aka: hope) that it'll be addressed. I haven't read the novel, so I don't know if it was addressed there.
I've not watched nor read, but I would assume it's spherical? Or at least goes deep enough to where they can't find the bottom.

I started watching Twin Peaks on Netflix last week. I'm still trying to make sense of the first season... it is one truly bizarre, incredibly surreal show, and I'm kind of amazed that ABC ran it in prime time for two seasons.

I've started watching the X-Files. Still in the first season and I'm enjoying it so far. I like the horror movie look it has, and that the skeptic and believer dynamic is not just "Scully is proven wrong every week," but rather how each of them approaches the investigation.

I've started watching the X-Files. Still in the first season and I'm enjoying it so far. I like the horror movie look it has, and that the skeptic and believer dynamic is not just "Scully is proven wrong every week," but rather how each of them approaches the investigation.
One of my all-time favourite shows. If you can resist, don't bother with seasons 8 & 9. You'll be a happier man.

Also, possibly the best episode of the series is Jose Chung's From Outer Space.

I have the weirdest relationship with the X-Files, I originally got into the show listening to it on the radio. But when I switched to TV, it just wasn't as scary.

Watched Under the Dome last night. Yeah, the dome is just a plot device to help intensify the relationships of those inside.

So far we have:

Lack of clear leadership: the majority of law enforcement, first responders and politicians trapped outside the dome
Mystery: lone stranger with mysterious past who has obvious military skills
Chaos: children of the leaders left all alone inside the dome
Villains: nothing like a psychopath to get things stirred up

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Gave a try to this new animated series. I'm sort of split regarding it. The writing is not the best and is certainly ridiculous considering the idea, but part of me is sort of charmed by how many things from the game they try to work in while actually having a real plot to it. Over all, reminds me of when that wave of '80s cartoons based on video games except with real effort put in. Might watch a few more episodes and see if I settle on a side with it.

While the TX Senate changes the laws of time and space, I'm watching CNN debate the calorie count of Starbucks muffins and George Zimmerman's weight gain (unrelated). :facepalm:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've started watching The Legend of Korra. At first, I felt like it was too much of a departure from the original show, but as the episodes progressed, I was more and more happy that they didn't just try to remake Avatar.

Watched a few more episodes of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures. It's won me over. It's not the best written cartoon, but the animation is really good and there is a charm to it that pulled me in. As I said before, it reminds me of those older cartoons based on video games except there is effort put into this one.

I heart Nicole De Boer. Ever since seeing her as the only semi-recurring female on Kids in the Hall and Deep Water Black, a strange Canadian teen sci-fi series.

She was in such a shitty position to take replace a popular character in DS9.