[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

I can't believe they spent an entire episode of a show called the book of Boba Fett on a bad filler episode of The Mandalorian. They really had no real ideas for an entire show for him eh? That whole episode was frustrating to watch.

I can't believe they spent an entire episode of a show called the book of Boba Fett on a bad filler episode of The Mandalorian. They really had no real ideas for an entire show for him eh? That whole episode was frustrating to watch.
TWO episodes. The last two episodes were basically The Mandalorian Season 3 in all but name.

At least the last episode was interesting. Spending 3/4s of an episode building a space fighter is like the definition of filler.

"Why would you want a shitty Razorcrest?"

Because it has a bed and a toilet you moron.

I'm giving Legends of Vox Machina a try. I'm not familiar with Critical Role but the show is enjoyable on its own merits. I love that there's a party called The Murderhobos.

I'm giving Legends of Vox Machina a try. I'm not familiar with Critical Role but the show is enjoyable on its own merits. I love that there's a party called The Murderhobos.
As a "Critter" and someone who backed them during their kickstarter, I'm glad to hear that someone who isn't familiar with them is enjoying it. Granted, my wife, who isn't a fan of the streaming show, likes it, but she likes other fantasy stuff.

If you are familiar with D&D enough, you can almost "see" the rolls in action with some of the things they do.

A fun little game, so far they have had an animated version of Matt Mercer (the CR Dungeon Master or DM) in every episode somehow. Trying to find it is a fun little game to do on multiple watches.

The show basically starts around the time the live show started. They threw in something from their home game as an intro, then skipped ahead to the first major arc that didn't include guests, so you don't really need to know about CR stuff to get into it.

Dave

Staff member
Amazon Prime has a show called "Reacher" which is based on the books by Lee Child. And unlike the movies starring Tom Cruise, this Reacher is much, MUCH closer to the books and is actually physically imposing. So far I'm on episode 4 of the first (and only so far) season and it's actually really good. If you've read the books you will like this a fair bit.

Amazon Prime has a show called "Reacher" which is based on the books by Lee Child. And unlike the movies starring Tom Cruise, this Reacher is much, MUCH closer to the books and is actually physically imposing. So far I'm on episode 4 of the first (and only so far) season and it's actually really good. If you've read the books you will like this a fair bit.
I've seen the first 2 episodes & am liking it as well. And, yeah, there's a bit where Reacher intimidates someone by standing & staring at them the same way he does in the books but Cruise could NEVER have pulled off.

Life Is Strange? Pass.

Disco Elysium? ... I could see someone like David Kenneth Harbour pull off Harry. But the show REALLY needs to sink into how fucking miserable and self-destructively sad he is. I want it to be so crippling depressing that I -want- to turn it off but -can't-. I want to see who is involved first.

Come to think of it, if they could get David Lynch to do Disco Elysium, that could be interesting. Or a director that leaned hard on a Lynchian style.

I watched Reacher on Prime, and it felt like a Punisher (the Netflix series in particular) fanfic to a pretty incredible degree. To be clear, I like the Punisher series a lot, and I mostly enjoyed Reacher as well, but where I felt like Punisher made an effort to keep things grounded and show consequences for its violence - in particular, showing Castle getting absolutely brutalized and needing time and medical attention to get back on his feet - Reacher completely tosses that out the window. Watching the main character block something like 10 two-handed swings of a crowbar on his forearms then catch one square to the head, then win the fight and walk away apparently at 100% after a shower is hilarious. The whole show felt like the writers sat down, brainstormed a giant list of badass things for Reacher to do, then ran out of time to fill in the gaps between those things with anything like realism.

Overall a fun show, if/when season 2 comes out I'll watch it, but it mostly leaves me hoping that we see Frank Castle show up in a new season or series on Disney+ sometime.

Just binge crushed What We Do in the Shadows season 3 and it's still a fantastic show and adding Kristen Schall to the cast full time was a wonderful move because she's fucking wonderful. I love this show.

Watched the first episode of Picard S2 and while an improvement over season 1 I am still a little worried that it will be poop.

I gotta admit, I wasn't hooked at first, but I'm becoming increasingly invested in HOW I MET YOUR FATHER. It still doesn't quite have the same level of comedy as HIMYM, but I'm starting to really dig the characters and their relationships.

I gotta admit, I wasn't hooked at first, but I'm becoming increasingly invested in HOW I MET YOUR FATHER. It still doesn't quite have the same level of comedy as HIMYM, but I'm starting to really dig the characters and their relationships.
i’m cautiously optimistic. The first season of HIMYM is pretty weak at the start too so I’m giving this one time to start rolling

I already loathe the new season of Picard so I'm watching DS9 while I marinate in impotent rage.

One reason I'm never going to be into new Star Trek is the formats will never allow for an episode like "Take Me Out to the Holosuite". It's the fillerest of filler episodes but it's so fucking good.

I already loathe the new season of Picard so I'm watching DS9 while I marinate in impotent rage.

One reason I'm never going to be into new Star Trek is the formats will never allow for an episode like "Take Me Out to the Holosuite". It's the fillerest of filler episodes but it's so fucking good.

I recently got that hat made.

But the Netflix Marvel shows dropped today on Disney+. Just watched the first Daredevil. I guess I will have a couple of weeks of material to watch to catch up on these shows.

I watched the first episode of Severance, then binged whatever was available. I wish I'd waited till the series, season, etc, is done. It has me hook line and sinker. Especially any scene where John Turturro and Christopher Walken interact. I'm worried the show won't stick the landing in the end, but what a hecka ride the last 6 episodes have been.