[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Reactions
285 23 0
My wife and I have been watching Tales From the Crypt on DVD. This show was great. I can see it coming back in the next few years too, especially if Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone reboot is well received.

Reactions
209 61 0
The Flash...UGH!

I'm gonna be...SO pissed off if Cisco gets rid of his Vibe powers. Its bad enough the show barely uses him, or even uses his powers in new and creative ways due to budget restraints.

Is Once Upon a Time dumb? I'm only 4 minutes in and it seems kinda dumb, especially with that pointless narrating in the first episode that revealed plot info I could've easily gotten through con-text throughout the story. I'm willing to accept the first ep just suffers from "Pilot's disease", but when the main lady's date says "Everybody has family" after she says she didn't have any made me want to scream-"MAYBE SHE WAS RAISED IN FOSTER CARE YOU MOOK!" Just saying, I can believe in the Evil Queen trapping all of fairy tale land in monotonous time loop, but a line THAT stupid makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
The Flash...UGH!

I'm gonna be...SO pissed off if Cisco gets rid of his Vibe powers. Its bad enough the show barely uses him, or even uses his powers in new and creative ways due to budget restraints.
The show has a bad habit of wanting certain characters or plot points and then not being sure what to do with them when they actually get to use them.

That being said, this feels more like a rejection of the call trope than anything that will end up in a permanent change.

Is Once Upon a Time dumb? I'm only 4 minutes in and it seems kinda dumb, especially with that pointless narrating in the first episode that revealed plot info I could've easily gotten through con-text throughout the story. I'm willing to accept the first ep just suffers from "Pilot's disease", but when the main lady's date says "Everybody has family" after she says she didn't have any made me want to scream-"MAYBE SHE WAS RAISED IN FOSTER CARE YOU MOOK!" Just saying, I can believe in the Evil Queen trapping all of fairy tale land in monotonous time loop, but a line THAT stupid makes no sense to me.
I know there are a few smart bits, especially in the first season, but on a whole I don't remember it as being notably clever.

The show has a bad habit of wanting certain characters or plot points and then not being sure what to do with them when they actually get to use them.

That being said, this feels more like a rejection of the call trope than anything that will end up in a permanent change.
Definitely agree on the first point, ESPECIALLY with their use of several of the Flash's rogues(STILL mad about Roy G.Bivolo's treatment) and HOPE for the second point...although kind of wish they didn't even bother with a "Reject the call" story this late in the series entirely-BUT-whatcha gon' do?
I know there are a few smart bits, especially in the first season, but on a whole I don't remember it as being notably clever.
Hm, good to know, thank you.

Finished the first ep, and while it is CLEARLY Fables-lite, I'm intrigued.
Post automatically merged:

Emma:-I mean, its crazy!

Henry who just HAPPENS to be in the background: You think I'm crazy?

Oh fuck you, fuck you in the FACE TV show!

Last edited:
Reactions
869 271 5
So, watched the first episode of season two of Discovery. Anson Mount was great as Pike and the episode was a great Star Trek episode overall, but man, I am absolutely dreading the overarching nonsense bullshit story. Spock having dreams of an apocalyptic super threat, a lamely named apocalyptic super threat, etc. It's the most Alex Kurtzmanny bullshit and it was exactly what I was dreading about him being completely in charge of the show.