[TV] Supergirl

His earlier stuff was good, like Dark Knight Returns and arguably Sin City.

It's just that it's...gradually gotten worse since then.
See, I've -never- liked the art in Dark Knight Returns. It's just bad bad bad. Sin City the badness at least attributed to the overall shitty atmosphere of Sin City.

See, I've -never- liked the art in Dark Knight Returns. It's just bad bad bad. Sin City the badness at least attributed to the overall shitty atmosphere of Sin City.
Frank Miller does black and white and silhouettes pretty well. Otherwise, his art is VERY amateurish.

fade

Staff member
Hmm... you guys all hate Miller's art (the only good thing about Miller) but liked Kelly Jones's shitty style... I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Hmm... you guys all hate Miller's art (the only good thing about Miller) but liked Kelly Jones's shitty style... I don't think we can be friends anymore.
I can accept not liking Jones' style and liking Miller's style. But I will never accept that Miller's art is good. I never claimed to call Jones' style good, just that I liked it aesthetically, but I'm not going to call it good.

Saying I like something and saying it's good are two separate things.

I would say Miller's style is definitely distinctive, but would I call it good? Ehhhhh...sometimes it's better than others, even on the same page.

his layouts are top notch, or at least they were. I stay away from his stuff mostly.

Although All-Star Batman & Robin is one of the funniest things I've read.

figmentPez

Staff member
Personally, I'm curious to see how things turn out with the guy that Kara confides her secret identity to. That's supposed to be Winslow Schott, better known as the Superman villain Toyman.
I'm more curious about the guy heading up the secret government agency, that's Hank Henshaw, better known as the Cyborg Superman.

I'm concerned about the tone of the new show. It's almost as if the star and the producers don't understand they're in the DC universe. Where's the grimdark? ;)

(via io9)

Looking at the promotional shots a few posts above with her and Flash I think that has more to do with the natural lighting and lack of post processing. It is pretty inline with Arrow and Flash's costumes though, which are designed by the same person as Supergirl's.

I'm concerned about the tone of the new show. It's almost as if the star and the producers don't understand they're in the DC universe. Where's the grimdark? ;)
Honestly, the DC TV shows seem to have been spared that fate. Arrow can get a bit dark and it started grim, but it's pulled back from the rough beginning while maintaining a certain level of darkness appropriate to Green Arrow. The Flash, on the other hand, has for the most part been fun and really joyous with its feel.

And the news is branding the Tornado as a villain.

I am disappointed that the first Red Tornado won't be the cleaning lady with a bucket on her head.

Even though Supergirl isn't sharing a universe with the Flash or the Green Arrow, she is apparently sharing a universe with another TV show:
Parks and Rec

After all, Perd Hapley is doing the news.
perd on supergirl.jpg

Hank Henshaw -- Wow. I did not see that reveal coming. That was certainly a King Shark level moment.

J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter

Hank Henshaw -- Wow. I did not see that reveal coming. That was certainly a King Shark level moment.

J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter
I saw this last night and wanted to post it! It was a cool reveal!
I thought Supergirl was already part of the Perd Hapley universe, and was headed for a crossover with Parks and Recreation.
Leslie Knope working with Supergirl....:aaah: