Straub and Erica's Public Breakup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Iaculus

Gotta admit, there is something decidedly odd about this. I'll refrain from making judgements until I get further information.

Azurephoenix said:
Chazwozel said:
Azurephoenix said:
Why do people post this crap where everyone can see it? Honestly...
Cause they're friendless attention whores.
It's just so sad.

Playing guitar was my way of coping with bad breakups... guess I'm just not with it nowadays... :confused:
Yeah, I used music or talked to friends. At worst there was a LiveJournal post, but those were only readable by friends anyway.

We didn't have the internet when I was a kid and had break ups.
So we handled it with non-internet related activities and Cure tapes.

Of course, these 2 aren't kids.

if you do a search.twitter.com for either @kstraub or @Erica_S you'll see they're getting like 42 million replies a minute with stuff like "awww, I'm so sorry" and stuff.

So they twitted their break up almost simultaneously to get sympathetic replies? This is weird, I insist.

M

makare

Maybe they just wanted to let people know. Obviously people knew they were dating, I know who straub is but until this post I didn't know Erica existed.

They had a few video webcast thingies together and Erica helped him with like deliveries and stuff, so she WAS involved in the professional stuff... hence why it weirded me out to see this.

Again, if they just wanted to let people know why give so many details like who broke up with whom and if it hurts so much they can't sleep? These are 30 somethings, mind you.

I dunno, there's something odd about it.

M

makare

Calleja said:
They had a few video webcast thingies together and Erica helped him with like deliveries and stuff, so she WAS involved in the professional stuff... hence why it weirded me out to see this.

Again, if they just wanted to let people know why give so many details like who broke up with whom and if it hurts so much they can't sleep? These are 30 somethings, mind you.

I dunno, there's something odd about it.
Well I think that is what Twitter is for recent happenings, feelings, etc.... what do you use your twitter for?

*Twitter still sounds dirty.

T

The Mike

On one hand I find it childish the way they announced their break up, on the other hand they are people, real internet people like us, If I broke up with my GF I would post about it here, and seek help with my friends (that's you guys, this is were you go aaawwww)

makare1 said:
Well I think that is what Twitter is for recent happenings, feelings, etc.... what do you use your twitter for?

*Twitter still sounds dirty.

Never for stuff that's THAT personal... when the the ex broke up with me I twitted something akin to "so, yeah, single again"... and that's that, let people know it's over without going all... myspace-y about it.

But I'm not saying it's bad form for people to out emotions in twitter, I'm saying it's weird when semi-celebrities of the online world like these do... they keep a sorta public life, with videos and blogposts and conventions and what not... so them giving out details like that... I dunno, it striked me as odd. And kinda... ew.

I'm still hoping it's some sort of stupid elaborate pseudo-hoax and they're like making fun of couples that break up online or something. I respected Straub a bit more.

I wonder what it's like to break up and fire your girlfriend (if she really helped him with stuff that is).

"Sooooooo... yeah, gonna start seeing other people... no, no, don't cry, it's for the best! I mean, the best for me! Cause' I don't really like you anymore! See? It's gonna work out for all of... me. Oh and I'm gonna need you to come in early tomorrow morning, we have got SO much work to do! Now I gotta go get my toothbrush, got a hot date tonight! Wish me luck!"

My life is a pretty open book to you all, but there are things I would never talk about here. Ever.

I dunno... there's a Penny Arcade comic dealing with Twitter that sums up how I feel about it pretty well. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it but maybe someone knows which one I'm talking about.

"I'm a Twitter Shitter!"

:puke:

ElJuski

Staff member
Espy said:

I still use the Cure for breakups :waah: "Pictures of You" is always there for me, like a little emo bandaid.

ElJuski said:
Espy said:

I still use the Cure for breakups :waah: "Pictures of You" is always there for me, like a little emo bandaid.
So true... If I was a little weenie instead of a grown man I might still do the same as well. :Leyla:

ElJuski

Staff member
Espy said:
ElJuski said:
Espy said:

So true... If I was a little weenie instead of a grown man I might still do the same as well. :Leyla:
I'M A BIG WEENIE

D

Dunny

My preferred song to get over break-ups is "What It Takes" by Aerosmith.

EDIT: YouTube linking broken?

ElJuski

Staff member
Calleja said:
ElJuski said:
Calleja said:
I hate that The Cure got retconned into being "emo".
No, you hate how "emo" became this stupid whiny wave. Weezer is pretty "emo" too.''

EDIT: Actually I'm apparently totally wrong about the Cure and emo. But Pinkerton is totally emo :uhhuh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_music
I'm pretty sure that when I was in high school "emo" wasn't a word people threw around at all.
Check the link. Emo was the indie scene. Emo today is...*shudder* horribly disfigured and mainstream.

Love the Cure.

Well, I love OLD cure. After... bloodflowers I was done with their newer stuff.

ElJuski

Staff member
Espy said:
Love the Cure.

Well, I love OLD cure. After... bloodflowers I was done with their newer stuff.
Disintegration is fantastic. It's true some of that newer stuff gets...hrm. But I do love their greatest hits!

makare1 said:
Maybe they just wanted to let people know.
Exactly why we're making fun of them. :popcorn:

I'm sure their few thousands VERY close friends all needed to know and this was the only way to tell them. :eyeroll:

M

makare

Shegokigo said:
makare1 said:
Maybe they just wanted to let people know.
Exactly why we're making fun of them. :popcorn:

I'm sure their few thousands VERY close friends all needed to know and this was the only way to tell them. :eyeroll:
Better than having to deal with a thousand strangers asking over and over so what happened with Erica.. where'd she go etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.