Straub and Erica's Public Breakup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

Chazwozel said:
makare1 said:
Chazwozel said:
Sorry, I forgot you're into men without balls.

I like men who are not assholes. You wouldn't understand that with your gender tunnel vision and surrounding yourself constantly with fellow assholes. There is a whole world of real men out there who do not feel the need to behave.... like assholes.
Yup, like this guy:

Yeah like that guy. Face it chaz, you are incapable of understanding how any other human being with a penis does not have to be a douche like you in order to function. That's just how it is, gender tunnel vision.

makare1 said:
Chazwozel said:

I like men who are not assholes. You wouldn't understand that with your gender tunnel vision and surrounding yourself constantly with fellow assholes. There is a whole world of real men out there who do not feel the need to behave.... like assholes.

Did you not get the memo? All men are assholes.

C

Chazwozel

makare1 said:
Chazwozel said:
makare1 said:
Chazwozel said:

Yup, like this guy:

Yeah like that guy. Face it chaz, you are incapable of understanding how any other human being with a penis does not have to be a douche like you in order to function. That's just how it is, gender tunnel vision.
HE'S EVEN SITTING LIKE A GIRL TAKING A PEE!!! COME ON!!!!

J

JCM

Chazwozel said:
makare1 said:
Chazwozel said:
Yup, like this guy:

HE'S EVEN SITTING LIKE A GIRL TAKING A PEE!!! COME ON!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chazwozel said:
JCM said:
Math242 said:
oh shit, JCM just entered war mode.
Too easy, war mode would require me posting shitload of relationship counselors showing why a relationship break up in a public place (crowded pub stage, middle of classroom, Twitter) is dumb, or how real professional artists have worked through broken limbs, loss of loved ones and all.

Any adult here can agree breaking up a relationship in front of thousands, or missing a few days of work over a breakup is juvenile. The end.
Now if your limb was eaten by a shark, I'd say you should take off a few days from work...
True.

And thats what we call medical leave. But right now, the ones who have a job, not the teenies living off daddy, try calling your boss/customers and say you have personal issues and cant make that delivery/come to work. (

Chances are you'll be fired, yelled yet or will loose to a competitor.

Thats why most webcomics artists (taking away some, like Least I could do, Penny Arcade and Shlock Mercenary, heck, even Tim Buckley manages to update on time) probably will never reach the foot of a real comic professional.

I

Iaculus

Chazwozel said:
HowDroll said:
Chazwozel said:
JCM said:
Too easy, war mode would require me posting shitload of relationship counselors showing why a relationship break up in a public place (crowded pub stage, middle of classroom, Twitter) is dumb, or how real professional artists have worked through broken limbs, loss of loved ones and all.

Any adult here can agree breaking up a relationship in front of thousands, or missing a few days of work over a breakup is juvenile. The end.
Now if your limb was eaten by a shark, I'd say you should take off a few days from work...

Don't be a pussy. Rub some dirt in it and get back to the drawing board.
Hey yeah! Straub you fucking pansie. Slap a tourniquet on that shit and get back to work!
Hah - silence, girly-men. You cauterise der wound mit boiling pitch und you LIKE it, ja? JA?

C

Chazwozel

You know what Im gonna do
Im gonna get myself a 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
Hot pink, with whale skin hubcaps
And all leather cow interior
And make brown baby seal eyes for head lights (yeah)
And Im gonna drive in that baby at 115 miles per hour
Gettin' 1 mile per gallon,
Sucking down Quarter Pounder cheeseburgers from McDonalds
In the old fashioned non-biodegradable styrofoam containers
And when Im done sucking down those greeseball burgers
Im gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag
And then Im gonna toss the styrofoam containers right out the side
And there aint a goddamn thing anybody can do about it
You know why, because weve got the bombs, thats why
2 words, nuclear fucking weapons, OK?
Russia, Germany, Romania, they can have all the democracy they want
They can have a big democracy cakewalk
Right through the middle of Tiananmen Square
and it wont make a lick of difference
Because weve got the bombs, OK?
John Wayne's not dead, hes frozen, and as soon as we find a cure for cancer
Were gonna thaw out the duke and hes gonna be pretty pissed off
You know why,
Have you ever taken a cold shower, well multiply that by 15 million times
Thats how pissed off the dukes gonna be!
I'm gonna get the Duke, and John Cassavetes,
and Lee Marvin, and Sam Peckinpah, and a case of whiskey,
and drive down to Texas and say.....

(Hey! You know, you really are an asshole!)
Why don't you just shut up and sing the song, pal?
Im an asshole (hes an asshole, what an asshole)
Im an asshole (hes the worlds biggest asshole)

I could call in to work and say it was because of a personal reason. As long as I have the vacation time it doesn't matter.

Now, if I didn't have any time left it might be an issue, but until then I'd be fine.

On topic, it's not something I'd do, but Twitter is a quick, real time blog and this is the sort of things people blog about.

Hence the Dave's Weekend threads I've made.

S

SeraRelm

A couple things.

1: Don't air your relationship problems in public. I happen to agree with JCM on that. I don't even care to see people making out in public. Call me prudish.

2: I'm wondering if it was seen as attention whoring when I posted the thread concerning my cat several days ago. No, I didn't miss work or anything over it.

3: Makare, I can think of a few ways to avoid asshole-men. ;)

4: Dave, I know what you're going through... *buys him a drink* :falldown:

Cajungal

Staff member
SeraRelm said:
2: I'm wondering if it was seen as attention whoring when I posted the thread concerning my cat several days ago. No, I didn't miss work or anything over it.
I didn't think of it like that. For some reason, only relationship problems/breakup stuff makes me uncomfortable... and probably some other things I'm not going to go into. And I hope you're doing alright, by the way.

M

makare

ElJuski said:
Gusto said:
SeraRelm said:
Something, but what I noticed was...
WHAT HAPPENED TO DR. GIRLFRIEND :Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla:
SHES GONE :oops: :waah:
Ok before I realized what you were talking about I got really worried that they had actually gotten rid of Dr Girlfriend.. in which case I would be getting together all the Dr. G fans and rioting.

Thanks for dissecting this like it was a business move or some cry for help.

Do you want to know why I twittered it? Because I wanted to make it clear that it was me who broke up with Erica. I love Erica, but we are in very different places in our lives. I just didn't want everyone to think it was Erica that broke my heart when I broke hers. I know how word travels on the internet, and Erica was very visible in what I did and a big part of why Starslip is the way it is now. I'm heartbroken that it wasn't working between us, but I didn't want my readers to find out and take revenge for me. Erica deserves great kindness and support.

I use Twitter to talk to my readers and my friends. I like to think that that Venn diagram has a lot of overlap. I had dinner with my fans in Baltimore, and I hope to have dinner with more of them in Virginia in two weeks, in New England in a month, and in Seattle shortly after that. The line is blurring. I had dinner with my friends.

I couldn't have dinner with most of the people in this forum, a place that unfortunately seems to have found its identity in "we desperately wish this was 4chan." Someone can make an image macro out of that.

:roll: :popcorn: :lol: :zoid: :Leyla: :waah: :toocool: :ninja: :finger: :eek:

I

Iaculus

In before Chaz or someone escalates this further. Ed, I hope you're keeping an eye on this.

W

Wasabi Poptart

SeraRelm said:
I didn't see that as attention whoring. People get attached to their pets and when a pet dies it can be like a member of the family has died. You were sad and quite a few of us could understand it since we've also had similar experiences with pets.
If someone came here and said they broke up with a long-time girlfriend/boyfriend, I wouldn't immediately see that as attention whoring either. But once they start adding the dramatic "I don't want to fall in love again. I don't want to wake up," then I start to think it's all being done for the sake of wanting a reaction and not empathy or understanding. People like that need to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.