[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

Adventures in Light Distortion

Showing that the Gem's bodies ARE light and those stupid theory videos can shut up now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1483420766,1483420353][/DOUBLEPOST]Gem Heist

Okay-WHO THE SHIT IS HOLY BLUE AGATE?! Her voice is on the TIP of my tongue.

Last edited:
Alright... I'm finished with the episodes, but I think I'm going to wait to post anything REALLY spoilerly until after ether the episodes are properly aired or the other SU fans here have watched them. I don't want them to feel pressured to download the episodes if they'd rather wait to see them on TV.

You guys can feel free to say something if you're alright with us talking about it.

Last edited:
Saw the episodes, a few things of note.
Its good to see more Diamond development. We can actually see a lot of empathy out of Blue Diamond, which I was not expecting.

I think the biggest take away for me though was the Amethyst and Jasper dynamic totally took a 180.

Originally, it was always presented that Amethyst was the odd one out, while Jasper was the embodiment of a "pure born earth gem", signified by the fact Amethyst is such a short runt, but we clearly see it's the other way around now. Every earth gem at the Zoo (mostly Amethyst with two Jaspers) are pretty much, well... Amethyst. They have the same quirks, love of jokes, comfort the humans, and even help the group escape. It even showed that one of the Jasper's was unusually skinny and the other just as short as Amethyst. It seems if anything, the old Jasper is the odd one out.

It makes me feel more and more that the earth just roots in a free-spirited drive to gems born there.

Saw the episodes, a few things of note.
It makes me feel more and more that the earth just roots in a free-spirited drive to gems born there.
Did you see the Amethysts trying to talk with the humans when they were freaking out?

*guy sobbing in a tree*
"Just calm down... let's talk about it!"

"I'm never gonna Chosen again!" *sob*
"Sure you will." *comforting arm hug*

Ether ROSE turned them all into a bunch of peacenik hippy slackers or every Amethyst is not only strong, but full of empathy. I thought these were supposed to be foot soldiers! Is Jasper just the way she is because she woke up in the middle of a god damn warzone and saw all her comrades getting slaughtered?

EITHER WAY-
The Famethyst make PRIMO Crystal Gem material-ALSO-we know Amethyst's real name is 8XM Facet 5 Cut 8XM...and that kinda rules.

Matt's saying this was an "accident"...suuuuuuuuuuure Cartoon Network. You're not just trying to make Tumblr explode in an insane attempt to gauge interest.

Matt's saying this was an "accident"...suuuuuuuuuuure Cartoon Network. You're not just trying to make Tumblr explode in an insane attempt to gauge interest.
They don't need to gauge interest. They already KNOW that Steven Universe is their highest rated show. They just stuff like this to keep the pressure up year round.

Whoops, sorry! Forgot to say I watched them! So, with that in mind:

I :heart: all Amethysts. I love how our Amethyst was like their little sister.

Apparently, Holly Blue Agate is Christine Pedi, who does a lot of voices and stage, and was on The Sopranos (Bobby's late wife)

Pearl already said their bodies were light, why do people argue against facts stated in the show?

Blue Diamond is nothing like I thought she'd be.

All those Quartzes... I wonder if they'll unbubble them.

Steven's Dream had me screaming "GREG!!!!!"

Whoops, sorry! Forgot to say I watched them! So, with that in mind:

I :heart: all Amethysts. I love how our Amethyst was like their little sister.

Apparently, Holly Blue Agate is Christine Pedi, who does a lot of voices and stage, and was on The Sopranos (Bobby's late wife)

Pearl already said their bodies were light, why do people argue against facts stated in the show?

Blue Diamond is nothing like I thought she'd be.

All those Quartzes... I wonder if they'll unbubble them.

Steven's Dream had me screaming "GREG!!!!!"
Straight up, FAMETHYST FOR LIFE!

Huh...weird, I have not heard her in that.

Because theory videos get views, what can I tell ya?

GEMSPLOSION!

While I was all-BLUE DIAMOND!

Some random observations:
* Rose Quartz isn't the only gem associated with flowers. Pink Diamond was using a flower symbol on her palanquin and at the zoo. The flowers growing around the palanquin matched this symbol. Given her interest and apparent concern (because of the humane zoo conditions) for organic life, I'm starting to wonder which side of the war she ended up on. Maybe Rose and Pearl were so broken up about Pink Diamond not because one of them shattered her but because they couldn't save her.

* The zoo held something more remarkable than the humans, or even an army of Amethysts -- all of the gems bubbled were Rose Quartz.

Some random observations:
* Rose Quartz isn't the only gem associated with flowers. Pink Diamond was using a flower symbol on her palanquin and at the zoo. The flowers growing around the palanquin matched this symbol. Given her interest and apparent concern (because of the humane zoo conditions) for organic life, I'm starting to wonder which side of the war she ended up on. Maybe Rose and Pearl were so broken up about Pink Diamond not because one of them shattered her but because they couldn't save her.

* The zoo held something more remarkable than the humans, or even an army of Amethysts -- all of the gems bubbled were Rose Quartz.
...oh man...OH MAN OH MAN-
THE CRYSTAL GEM ROSE QUARTZ MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO SHATTER PINK DIAMOND! GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIANT CONSPIRACY! That is WAY better than Rose being secretly Pink Diamond, WHICH I still think is somewhat on the table if my body-snatcher theory is correct.

...oh man...OH MAN OH MAN-
THE CRYSTAL GEM ROSE QUARTZ MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO SHATTER PINK DIAMOND! GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIANT CONSPIRACY! That is WAY better than Rose being secretly Pink Diamond, WHICH I still think is somewhat on the table if my body-snatcher theory is correct.
That still seems a bit of a stretch.

The way Pearl reacts to anyone talking about the shattering of Pink Diamond suggests she was witness to it; she would know if it was her Rose or some other Rose.

Among many laughs, my biggest for all this was:

Everyone: "Is this going to work?"
Sapphire: "No."
Everyone: =O

Let's state the obvious here: Pearl was Pink Diamond's Pearl and THAT is why she doesn't want to talk about it. She was there. She might even be the reason it happened...

Let's state the obvious here: Pearl was Pink Diamond's Pearl and THAT is why she doesn't want to talk about it. She was there. She might even be the reason it happened...
I feel like the Rose's Scabbard episode refutes that, but I'd rather your theory be true because that's way more interesting.

And I hate to say, makes more sense than Yosh's theories :p. Like, any of them.

This is really on CN... they didn't even tell the Steven Universe crew what was going on, so they didn't have their stuff ready.

They even forgot to ADVERTISE IT on TV! WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MARKETING OVER THERE?! The same geniuses who couldn't make a toy-line out of Young Justice? It had three Beetles, Red Tornado, and all the members of the Team had ALT-COSTUMES!

They even forgot to ADVERTISE IT on TV! WHO IS IN CHARGE OF MARKETING OVER THERE?! The same geniuses who couldn't make a toy-line out of Young Justice? It had three Beetles, Red Tornado, and all the members of the Team had ALT-COSTUMES!
Same guys that where behind switching Wookies with Ewoks in RotJ? I mean it's not like you could have Wookie kids around that looked like Ewoks or anything. I mena that wouldn't have added any more emotional gravitas to the fight, because "protecting the children" isn't relateable to human beings.

Same guys that where behind switching Wookies with Ewoks in RotJ? I mean it's not like you could have Wookie kids around that looked like Ewoks or anything. I mena that wouldn't have added any more emotional gravitas to the fight, because "protecting the children" isn't relateable to human beings.
...weird turn in conversation, but yes that would definitely be better. Was that what was supposed to happen?

Complain all you want about the Ewoks being dumb, they made mad money with toys, the spin-off movies, and the TV cartoon. That wasn't a bad marketing move, even if it made the movie worse.