[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

I actually really like the Reynaldo episodes in general... just not this one. The Documentary one was a great parody, the Lighthouse one gave him some much needed characterization (and Lars too), and the original conspiracy episode was surprisingly dark (especially now that we know Reynaldo was right about everything.)

That said, what I'd have preferred is basically what they did with Lars: a day in the life of Reynaldo and Peedee, basically showing how miserable both of them are and that this conspiracy stuff is really just Reynaldo's way of dealing with it.
That would do some character reparation at least.

Tiger Philanthropist was the newest episode as far as I know. Is there another out already?
No, that's the latest. This is just one of Cartoon Network's "leaks"... it's already been worked out that they are responsible for most leaks that aren't full episodes.

I think we're still on hiatus... but I did notice something funny.

That's promo art for Last One Out of Beach City.

That's promo art for a recent episode of Little Witch Academia. It would appear that Studio Trigger's love of Western Animation goes beyond mere cameos.

Also, Keep Beach City Weird just got released, if you're interested in the Steven Universe books. Buy it, as Ronaldo needs your dimes.

EDIT: Apparently this is from an animator from the show who actually works on both shows?

Last edited:

Fans of Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe have asked for a compilation of the music that plays such an important role the beloved hit series, and that demand is being answered with Steven Universe Soundtrack: Volume 1, available globally on Friday, June 2, 2017.
The soundtrack will feature songs originally heard in the series’ 120-plus episodes, including the iconic theme song, “We Are the Crystal Gems.”
(TheGeekiary)​

I know, right? Like... this almost feels like they are heading for the series finale but at the same time they aren't anywhere close enough for that.

I know, right? Like... this almost feels like they are heading for the series finale but at the same time they aren't anywhere close enough for that.
I think we're headed for a season finale and big moments, but we should still have another two seasons, I think. From a showrunning standpoint, the way I see it:

This will be the first point where the Diamonds are aware of Steven, rather than just Steven aware of them. It'll build some antagonism between them, so whenever we do start getting to the series finale, there will be a strong dynamic between Steven and them.

Shit is going DOWN on! Yellow has lightning powers, Blue's all full of grief revenge, and whose to save the DAY?! ...Lars....shit is fucked on Earth-SU.

There is one thing that bugged me during the last two episodes:
Why didn't they alert Lapis and Peridot for backup when they knew they were dealing with Homeworld Gems? I know they're not the core group of Crystal Gems, but I thought it was established they were willing to help now that Earth is their "home".

It looks like Steven may really be on his own (okay, Lars, but really) this time. Ruby took the pod, the Homeworld warp is destroyed, I think? (They did undo Peridot's repairs, right? I want to say I remember Garnet and punching...) and Lion has trouble warping further than the moon. Unless Peridot can repair the warps again, the Earth gems are stuck.

Lapis and Peridot aren't near a warp pad. They have to drive out there whenever Steven wants to visit, so it's likely that whatever help is coming from them is going to take a bit... and really, it's Steven's fault that the Gems didn't know what was going on sooner.

That said, they have PLENTY of ships to work with: remember when Peridot went to a crash site and was repairing an older ship to get off the planet? There really isn't any reason they couldn't do that... it would probably be even faster with help from the rest of the Gems. Even if they couldn't, Pearl almost built a working one out of stuff in a BARN herself. And Lapis clearly made it back to Homeworld under her own power before instantly regretting it: she might know of a warp they could use, so they might only need to get part of the way by ship. Then again, didn't the Gems bomb the Galaxy Warp with that Star thing during that episode where Steven was given futurevision? They might not have it up and running yet, which would explain why Homeworld has been using ships.

Now my question is... who's expecting a Steven/Lars (Stars?) fusion? It's bound to happen; Steven is basically the only person Lars can be honest with and Steven's actually lived in his body for awhile.

Lapis and Peridot aren't near a warp pad. They have to drive out there whenever Steven wants to visit, so it's likely that whatever help is coming from them is going to take a bit... and really, it's Steven's fault that the Gems didn't know what was going on sooner.

That said, they have PLENTY of ships to work with: remember when Peridot went to a crash site and was repairing an older ship to get off the planet? There really isn't any reason they couldn't do that... it would probably be even faster with help from the rest of the Gems. Even if they couldn't, Pearl almost built a working one out of stuff in a BARN herself. And Lapis clearly made it back to Homeworld under her own power before instantly regretting it: she might know of a warp they could use, so they might only need to get part of the way by ship. Then again, didn't the Gems bomb the Galaxy Warp with that Star thing during that episode where Steven was given futurevision? They might not have it up and running yet, which would explain why Homeworld has been using ships.

Now my question is... who's expecting a Steven/Lars (Stars?) fusion? It's bound to happen; Steven is basically the only person Lars can be honest with and Steven's actually lived in his body for awhile.
But Lapis can fly, and quite quickly if she could get back to Homeworld as fast as she did, and can easily carry Peridot. She's carried Greg and Steven from out at sea. Distance isn't an issue. There's no reason they couldn't have been there.

While yes, there are remains of previous ships, they haven't successfully repaired one. Pearl's ship broke orbit, but fell apart shortly afterwards. The drill had issues, and wasn't fully successful, either. Peridot was sent back to check on the old tech, but nothing has been fully functional in it's original capacity. That doesn't mean they couldn't if they all work together, but there's no guarantee yet.

Basically what it came down to is they thought this was a job the main team could handle, and didn't think bringing in back-up was necessary. TURNS OUT-they were totally needed. Garnet stinks at strategy, this much we know.

What -I- want to know is why Peridot hasn't made herself a new blaster or something. Or really, why they haven't just TOLD HER where they dumped her limbs. It's right over the side of the Warp Pads and it's not like she'd have any trouble getting them back with Lapis or Garnet helping her.

Or why she hasn't just manifested a weapon yet. It's apparent that everything Homeworld told her about her limitations was a lie.

Once Again:Bad Strategy. They are obsessed with living in the now, the current victory, as well as the continued strategy of trying to simply HIDE from Homeworld rather than amass a friggin' army. I mean come ON-they couldn't ally themselves with the US army equivalent on Earth-SU to develop anti-gem tech?