[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

...weird turn in conversation, but yes that would definitely be better.
Darths&Droids is at Endor atm, so the toy thing easily reminded me of that.

Was that what was supposed to happen?
That's what i heard.

Complain all you want about the Ewoks being dumb, they made mad money with toys, the spin-off movies, and the TV cartoon. That wasn't a bad marketing move, even if it made the movie worse.
It was the first sign of what was to come, and what made Lucas think he didn't need to listen to the people that talked/forced him out of his worse ideas.

But my point was that it would have worked with Wookiee Babies just as well. Man, if the Muppets had only did it sooner...

Oh right, the holiday special already ruined small wookies... kind of forgot about that.

But i was thinking more along the lines of retconing that and just have them look like ewoks when young... hell, you could even have them capture our heroes like in the film, and then bring them to their elders... who, surprise, are all Wookiees, and the small ones are undergoing a rite of passage or something.

Saw some Steven Universe cosplayers walking around downtown Columbus today. I think OhayoCon is going on?
It's crazy how fast some people can put a cosplay together. Last year, Smoky Quartz debuted during the week before Otakon, and somehow there were already decent cosplays walking around the con on Saturday.

A new episode is floating around online, and I guess does anyone know:

Did it air this week for real?
Is it a leak?
Is it another sorta leak because Cartoon Network is bad at everything?

I know, I was hoping for a Jasper redemption arch as well-BUT WE CAN'T ALL BE WHISTLIN' IN DIXIE LAND!

On that subject, Lapis was a serious BITCH this week.
If Steven ever figured out a way to help the corrupted Gems, we're probably going to see him do it to Centipeedle and her crew first. Really, beating corruption is basically the prelude to the final arc because it's the moment Steven gets an army to fight off a proper Homeworld invasion.

If Steven ever figured out a way to help the corrupted Gems, we're probably going to see him do it to Centipeedle and her crew first. Really, beating corruption is basically the prelude to the final arc because it's the moment Steven gets an army to fight off a proper Homeworld invasion.
Hopefully CN lets it get that far. We're a good ways into season 4 and judging by the season size now and Rebecca Sugar's episode number, I'm guessing season 6 would be the final season. Again, assuming CN doesn't prematurely end the show.

Hopefully CN lets it get that far. We're a good ways into season 4 and judging by the season size now and Rebecca Sugar's episode number, I'm guessing season 6 would be the final season. Again, assuming CN doesn't prematurely end the show.
It's their most critically acclaimed show next to Adventure Time, a merchandising juggernaut, and one of their most valuable shows (advertising wise). Cartoon Network has already made it clear they'll let it go on as long as the show runners want.

It's their most critically acclaimed show next to Adventure Time, a merchandising juggernaut, and one of their most valuable shows (advertising wise). Cartoon Network has already made it clear they'll let it go on as long as the show runners want.
I've seen that, but the way they treat releasing and scheduling episodes at times makes it seem like they're aiming for low ratings.

Storm in the Room

tumblr_inline_o0iuo2n3Zl1qdc1r3_500.gif

They are being really coy about how Rose's Room works... but I kind of feel like this episode confirms there is SOMETHING of Rose left. I don't think Steven would have remembered his mom's tape right after that outburst, especially when his reaction later is just to curl up on the couch.

Storm in the Room

View attachment 23329

They are being really coy about how Rose's Room works... but I kind of feel like this episode confirms there is SOMETHING of Rose left. I don't think Steven would have remembered his mom's tape right after that outburst, especially when his reaction later is just to curl up on the couch.
I disagree, as the room is primarily an extension of Steven's memories. The reason Cloud Greg and Cloud Connie in their respective episodes were so life like was because he had so much interaction with them, as for Rose he had all the stories from his family, the video tape, which all added up to becoming a large mental picture. That wasn't Rose telling him the video showed she cared, it was Steven telling him. She said what he felt he needed to hear about his mom, so he could accept the reality he's in as well as the past.

Storm in the Room

View attachment 23329

It was her room, and it made to respond to her essence. Steven does have her gem, which while a part of him, is still the Rose Quartz gem. And if I remember from an earlier Peridot episode, the room can only repeat back to him what it/Steven/Rose already knows, it's possible Rose confessed any feelings she may have had while in her room. Some of it is probably manipulated by Steven's perception, but the room could already know Rose's feelings about past events.

It was her room, and it made to respond to her essence. Steven does have her gem, which while a part of him, is still the Rose Quartz gem. And if I remember from an earlier Peridot episode, the room can only repeat back to him what it/Steven/Rose already knows, it's possible Rose confessed any feelings she may have had while in her room. Some of it is probably manipulated by Steven's perception, but the room could already know Rose's feelings about past events.
Which works for me... like I said, it's SOMETHING of Rose, but that doesn't mean it's sentient. But it would, at the very least, know things that Rose knew and could probably give Steven her take on what happened if he ever REALLY wanted to know.

It also explains why she had no reaction to the video game and a very exaggerated one to the football; she probably didn't have any idea what they were beyond Steven. It's not like they had a TV or anything until Greg came along.

I expect a small part or Rose in all honesty, it feels like MOSTLY Steven. That line about the video tape sounded less like something someone would say about themselves, but more what someone would THINK someone would say about themselves.

Holy shit, I was wondering when they'd get to the whole "Crystal Gems as Illegal Immigrants" episode and I kind of feel bad that Ronaldo "Straw Conservative" Fryman is getting the dump again.

He's got some wicked subtyping going on there too. "The Crystal Gems aren't Rock People... because I like them so they can't be."

YEAH-but it makes sense in retrospect, going from the cartoony conspiracy theory guy to...an actual conspiracy theory guy, in having REALLY offensive beliefs on things. Gonna be hard getting Jane back now after this one.

Well, that episode wasn't what it appeared to be. Instead of targeting a current topic, it targets a section of the Steven Universe fandom that's been irksome for a long time.

Well, that episode wasn't what it appeared to be. Instead of targeting a current topic, it targets a section of the Steven Universe fandom that's been irksome for a long time.
And the fandom once again takes it as a personal attack rather than taking it with a sense of humor-OH THE JOYS OF FANDOM!

And the fandom once again takes it as a personal attack rather than taking it with a sense of humor-OH THE JOYS OF FANDOM!
I'm not surprised and those particular fans deserve it. They're paying enough attention to notice the episode was poking fun at them, yet somehow have their heads far enough up their asses to evade self-awareness.

Seriously, especially how this is what would PROBABLY happen if one would try to force themselves into another's story. Instead, one should accept the story they are all ready in, and simply support the pre-existing story in a more supportive manner rather than forceful.

My only problem with the ep is more how they ADVERTISED it. I would've like them to have a real Bloodstone Gem...but at least it wasn't a Gem Beast that Ronaldo popped accidentally, that would've been WAY too obvious. Can't be the only one who had that plot in the back of their minds.

Instead, one should accept the story they are all ready in, and simply support the pre-existing story in a more supportive manner rather than forceful.
I think you hit the nail on the head as to why Reynaldo episodes are those I least want to watch. He's fine as a supporting character, just not a worthwhile focus character, and every time we get an episode about him (which are very few, granted), I wish they were giving him less screen time.

I'm glad they kept saying how much time had passed because none of the transitions made it seem like days/weeks were passing.

I think you hit the nail on the head as to why Reynaldo episodes are those I least want to watch. He's fine as a supporting character, just not a worthwhile focus character, and every time we get an episode about him (which are very few, granted), I wish they were giving him less screen time.

I'm glad they kept saying how much time had passed because none of the transitions made it seem like days/weeks were passing.
I actually really like the Reynaldo episodes in general... just not this one. The Documentary one was a great parody, the Lighthouse one gave him some much needed characterization (and Lars too), and the original conspiracy episode was surprisingly dark (especially now that we know Reynaldo was right about everything.)

That said, what I'd have preferred is basically what they did with Lars: a day in the life of Reynaldo and Peedee, basically showing how miserable both of them are and that this conspiracy stuff is really just Reynaldo's way of dealing with it.