[TV] Steven Universe (spoilers)

So... Greg is in serious fucking trouble because his car tried to evade the cops, right? Like, we need to have an episode where he has to go to court now or he gets busted by the cops.

Also, Pearl's look seems to be a love letter to some fanart from TAG The Comic Book Broad's "Bad Pearl" series... which is now a general fanart thing in the community now?

So... Greg is in serious fucking trouble because his car tried to evade the cops, right? Like, we need to have an episode where he has to go to court now or he gets busted by the cops.

Also, Pearl's look seems to be a love letter to some fanart from TAG The Comic Book Broad's "Bad Pearl" series... which is now a general fanart thing in the community now?

Heh, the second one of those sounds like something Rick Sanchez would say, coincidentally I've seen a lot of Pearl/Rick fan-art as well for some reason.

I never really thought about Pearl as the Renegade Pearl; we're always used to seeing her as by the book and such. This was a cute episode.

Heh, the second one of those sounds like something Rick Sanchez would say, coincidentally I've seen a lot of Pearl/Rick fan-art as well for some reason.
Me too, plus their fusion called "Prick."

Correction--his car did evade the cops :p. But yeah, I was thinking too how they must have the license plate. Poor Steven; this was how he reacted when Connie hid his mom's sword when her mom came home. He's too well-behaved.

Also, "I haven't been that scared since that time you left me to die." How long has he been waiting to spring that one? :D

Also, "I haven't been that scared since that time you left me to die." How long has he been waiting to spring that one? :D
I thought he said "...you almost let me die", referring to the failed attempt at building a space ship? But then again, for poor Steven, this could be a few times he was with the Gems.

I thought he said "...you almost let me die", referring to the failed attempt at building a space ship? But then again, for poor Steven, this could be a few times he was with the Gems.
I thought he was referring to "Rose's Scabbard" when she left him dangling on the side of a cliff.

My wife wanted some of the recent songs for her iPod (I hadn't updated the Steven Universe stuff since before The Answer). Just running through these songs is putting tears in my eyes. This show's gonna fucking kill me.

That, and it's a beach town, which means their year-round population tends to be small. And Steven doesn't go to school.

(BTW, it's actually "Peedee", even though the early episodes streamed on Hulu say otherwise in the cc's.)

...hey wait a damn minute, in Mindful Education Connie mentioned beating up Jeff at school, but this ep JUST said its Fall, BEFORE school starts! CONFUSION!

The show was aired out of order again wasn't it?

Last edited:
...hey wait a damn minute, in Mindful Education Connie mentioned beating up Jeff at school, but this ep JUST said its Fall, BEFORE school starts! CONFUSION!

The show was aired out of order again wasn't it?
This is a good point. The only defense I've got is sometimes summer people still come out on the weekends until is gets too chilly, so it could be their last weekend. Plus, didn't we establish is was becoming Fall when Steven took Lapis on a tour of the tri-state area? Or has a year passed since then? (Normally I wouldn't care, but the SU team is usually pretty good about continuity.)

Probably aired out of order, these things happen.

Either that or the Beach City tree leaves turn brown slower than in the country. Is that a thing?

Last edited:
Probably aired out of order, these things happen.

Either that or the Beach City tree leaves turn brown slower than in the country. Is that a thing?
Actually, that makes no sense either. Rebecca Sugar said it's supposed to take place in Maryland? Well, that's where I live. School started three weeks ago and the leaves won't be turning brown for another two or three weeks at least.

So it might not even be episodes aired out of order, because the in-episode continuity is a mess. This is the problem with Steven not going to school :p.

Actually, that makes no sense either. Rebecca Sugar said it's supposed to take place in Maryland? Well, that's where I live. School started three weeks ago and the leaves won't be turning brown for another two or three weeks at least.

So it might not even be episodes aired out of order, because the in-episode continuity is a mess. This is the problem with Steven not going to school :p.
Strictly speaking, Beach City is on the Delmarva Peninsula, within something like 50 miles of Ocean City. In fact, a lot of the things related to the town are based on life in Ocean City.

Anyone else having "Hiatus Dreams", dreaming about what the new episodes might be, in HD animated fashion? Because I am. Some of them start off good, but then my sub-conscious always adds some element that throws off the story. Why did you give Pearl a monster who looked like a fanged pickle monster with crazy Rose hands, WE WERE DOING SO WELL WITH THE CURRENT STORY!

On the subject, I once pretty much predicted exactly Pearl's reaction to Steven having Rose's sword.

So the current theory is that we're going to get "Gem Harvest" on Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th) and that it might be Thanksgiving related. I must admit, I'd love to see another Colonial Dewey episode...

So the current theory is that we're going to get "Gem Harvest" on Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th) and that it might be Thanksgiving related. I must admit, I'd love to see another Colonial Dewey episode...
Given how bad-ass the name is, I wouldn't doubt it just being a Thanksgiving special....unless that's what they WANT us to think! I GOT YO NUMBER CREWNIVERSE!

The shorts got released. I'm sure you all can find them... I especially liked how Steven Reacts did a nod to the constant hiatuses.
...after seeing the clips on Youtube, I'm REALLY contemplating buying them. Amethyst, Steven, and Garnet sing "Haven't you noticed I'm a star" together, THAT FUCKING RULES!

EDIT:

This show and "We Bare Bears" are just fucking ACES at belonging to the time period they are in. It dates it yes, but it also gives it character.

Last edited:
This show and "We Bare Bears" are just fucking ACES at belonging to the time period they are in. It dates it yes, but it also gives it character.
Yes and no: Steven Universe is very much a 2010's show, but it also has a distinct retro feel to it thanks to the Greg flashbacks and the fact that Steven doesn't have the latest in technology... he has a smart phone, but his console is a Gamecube (which came out in 2001, before he was born) and his TV is an old fashioned cathode ray (probably because it makes his games look right). I think a lot of this has to do with the story basically taking place over 20+ years (or 3000+ really).

I find it interesting that Steven does American style sushi. I dug the Huy Fong sriracha cameo: even in the Gem-verse, there is no substitute.