*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

I assume this is supposed to be some kind of proclamation of which "side" he's on, but it's just so... flagrant, it's like it couldn't possibly be legit. We're talking B-movie "NYAAAH-HAAA-HaaaAAA!" level stuff.

EDIT: My wife apparently came across the picture on her own feed while I was typing the above, and added, "You know this guy thinks he's in some kinda 'Dumbledore's Army' shit, right?"
Trumpkins are just that stupid.

And I dunno about you, but a Wal-Mart is just about the last place you'd wanna go in guns drawn. It'd take an employee what, five seconds? to get the gun display case open...

I'm pretty sure those are magazines, not suppressors.
From what I can make out while zoomed, you're probably right, but it's hard to be certain what with the way my eyes keep trying to bleed since I am also now getting a better view of that ugly carpet.

--Patrick

4chan cheering for a "high score" in Dayton.

That the "trolling community" exists is good reason to root for Giant Meteor. The internet was a mistake.

"So far this year, 522 people have died in mass shootings and 2,040 have been injured, according to the data."
D'ya think maybe this is a new Civil War? Except that really it's more like a bunch of Civil Skirmishes perpetrated by "lone wolves," each one looking to "thin the libtard herd" just a little bit in order to keep their poll numbers down.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Thanks for reinforcing my actual point - about the futility of "gun free" zones.

Now, as for the point you're trying to make, that he accomplished nothing - well, let's look at that. He was at the Foot Locker, which is actually at the opposite end of the mall from where the shooting took place (at the Walmart in the parking lot).

1564928258900.png

Now, if we take his account as factual, what happened is he heard the shots, saw kids separated from their parents, and carried them to safety, while at the same time readying his sidearm in case the shooter came upon them. What you're implying is that he was useless (and perhaps even cowardly, if your line about bravery was sarcastic) because he did not sprint literally nearly the entire length of the mall to confront the shooter and end the threat. I would assert, on the other hand, that this is an unreasonable expectation of coverage from him, and in fact, rather more supports the other common claim that those on the left like to mock so much - that the real problem is there were not more like him.

After all, as ineffectual as he was for distance and response time, the police were apparently even moreso. Like the old saying goes that gun owners love to quote - when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away (and in the really big cities, hours - if at all).

I'm sure the grieving families will be comforted to know that their relatives died to protect the NRA's profit margins.

The man would have been exactly as effective and heroic carrying those kids to safety without a gun. The gun didn't matter in the story at all.

GasBandit

Staff member
The man would have been exactly as effective and heroic carrying those kids to safety without a gun. The gun didn't matter in the story at all.
If only he had the benefit of hindsight to know that he was destined to not need it that day, right?

If only he had the benefit of hindsight to know that he was destined to not need it that day, right?
Given that 99.9% of days he doesn't end up in a mass shooter situation, its kinda telling that on probably the only day in his life that he does, he still didn't need it.

Does it really matter? If the shooter hits you first, especially if you're not expecting any trouble, your gun's not going to do you any good if you're, you know, DEAD.

Basically gas is correct. There is an absurdly specific set of circumstances where a regular person with a gun makes the world a better place. It's just that he feels that makes the thousands of preventable deaths worth it to ensure that one day they can start shooting politicians when they do tyrannical stuff like raise taxes on massive corporations.

To be fair, armed civilians have been shown to successfully intervene in mass shootings slightly more than 3% of the time - 5 out of 160 mass shootings studied between 2000 and 2013. For comparison, unarmed civilians successfully intervened in 21 out of 160 cases, law enforcement ended the shooting in 45 cases, and 90 were ended by the shooter killing themselves, fleeing, or surrendering.

Thanks for reinforcing my actual point - about the futility of "gun free" zones.

Now, as for the point you're trying to make, that he accomplished nothing - well, let's look at that. He was at the Foot Locker, which is actually at the opposite end of the mall from where the shooting took place (at the Walmart in the parking lot).

View attachment 32050

Now, if we take his account as factual, what happened is he heard the shots, saw kids separated from their parents, and carried them to safety, while at the same time readying his sidearm in case the shooter came upon them. What you're implying is that he was useless (and perhaps even cowardly, if your line about bravery was sarcastic) because he did not sprint literally nearly the entire length of the mall to confront the shooter and end the threat. I would assert, on the other hand, that this is an unreasonable expectation of coverage from him, and in fact, rather more supports the other common claim that those on the left like to mock so much - that the real problem is there were not more like him.

After all, as ineffectual as he was for distance and response time, the police were apparently even moreso. Like the old saying goes that gun owners love to quote - when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away (and in the really big cities, hours - if at all).
So the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun... but we shouldn't expect the GGwG to actually stop the BGwG... but we still need more GGwGs...

Yea, that totally makes sense...

I still don't get how these people are getting captured alive.

A black guy even thinks about reaching for something, or runs, and they are gunned down, or at least slammed around and pinned (sometimes till they can't breath and also die).

A white guy shoots up a church, synagogue, or walmart, and they not only catch the guy alive but all photos of them I find have them just kind of hanging out with him in handcuffs. I bet they were taking his order so they could go to McDonald's later, you know, since he was probably hungry from all that murder. Can't be cruel right?

I really am starting to wonder how psychologically based this all is, because even I don't think this just comes down to "all cops are racist". I think we need to take a good look at how departments are trained to see and deal with threats, because I have a feeling if 90% of the training on dangerous situations involves like a black crack dealer or a Hispanic gang banger, those visual queues are training them.

So why aren't sites like the *chans and KiwiFarm treated like other extremist recruitment sites and taken down with doses of heavy ordnance? If they were working for ISIS instead of Angry White Boys, they would have long since been on the receiving end of a drone strike.

And yet everytime a shooting happens at one you use it as the ultimate defense of why no good guy with a gun stopped the shooter.

View attachment 32050

I'd contend that the real problem was the gun in the shooter's hands allowing him to open fire into a crowded Walmart and not the lack of opposing shooters which would at best be a bandaid to an active shooter.

I mean the police came in and stopped the shooter while the guy accomplished nothing so I disagree that the police were less effective than him.

If I'm ever involved in an active shooter situation, it's not really gonna matter whether I have a gun on me or not, I'm still gonna RHD. Even if I just so happened to be doing a 12ga shotgun demonstration at some kid's bar mitzvah at the moment, it's not my responsibility to go chase down and actively engage an unknown number of assailants wielding an unknown quantity/type of ordnance. I'm not trained for it, I'm not authorized for it, and no amount of attempted shaming by anyone is ever gonna make me feel bad afterwards that I didn't immediately run and throw myself into the fracas "just because I had a gun."

I mean, if the conflict comes to me and turns into some kind of it's-either-them-or-us sort of situation, then you can bet I'm going to do whatever I can with whatever I have handy to either make my position too expensive to take or permanently disable as many aggressors as I am able. But I'm not gonna go searching for trouble, because that's not how survival works.

--Patrick

But you're the Good Gun With A Gun that's supposed to save everyone else. Are you saying that the gun lobby might be wrong to push that narrative?

But you're the Good Gun With A Gun that's supposed to save everyone else. Are you saying that the gun lobby might be wrong to push that narrative?
I do not represent the gun lobby, so I can't speak to their agenda.

But, well-regulated militia aside, a civilian does not acquire a gun for himself with the intent to defend the family that lives at the end of the block, he acquires it to defend himself and his interests. Guns meant for the defense of others are [supposed to be] issued, not bought.

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
So why aren't sites like the *chans and KiwiFarm treated like other extremist recruitment sites and taken down with doses of heavy ordnance? If they were working for ISIS instead of Angry White Boys, they would have long since been on the receiving end of a drone strike.
And yet it's antifa that's being told to "stay out of Texas"....

I do not represent the gun lobby, so I can't speak to their agenda.

But, well-regulated militia aside, a civilian does not acquire a gun for himself with the intent to defend the family that lives at the end of the block, he acquires it to defend himself and his interests. Guns meant for the defense of others are issued, not bought.

--Patrick
So in other words, gun ownership isn't meant to stop shooting rampages?

So in other words, gun ownership isn't meant to stop shooting rampages?
Wow, talk about a loaded question.
But if you want my honest opinion, gun ownership is neither "meant" to stop nor facilitate rampages even though it influences both. In fact, I'm pretty sure "gun ownership" was not created as any kind of response to shooting rampages.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Today's other other mass shooting, at 1:20 am 7 people were wounded at a playground in a drive-by on Chicago's West Side. No fatalities so far.