Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2! (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2!

It looks like Deschain is going to pretty much be a no go for the games. Or at least he's too unreliable to be given a solid spot. Now I know HCGLNS showed interest in his spot, but I have to admit that I'd prefer to have one less player anyway. It makes for better encounters and shortens the time for the battles. So if it's alright with everyone I'd like to go ahead with only five players from now on. My apologies to HCGLNS as it's nothing personal. Fewer players is just easier for me to keep track of.

Sounds reasonable. You can always alert Huggs later if you think a sixth character might add something to the story.

Game niiiiiight!

Should be interesting to see how Julie will interrogate a man who came to this battle having made his peace and fully expecting to die.

doomdragon6

Staff member

Things to sell:

Jewels + Mask = 900 g
Ring of Orcus (found a while back) = 220 g

And we found that blood queen coin or something way back when. We decided not to sell it, but nothing really ever came of it.

To be edited soon maybe.

Heh, when I fell down the hole onto the spikes my DM had archers waiting to shoot me when I got there.

It was lucky that it was Saryon who failed his checks and not anyone else. That's all I'm saying.

I still got my Arcana and Streetwise. Not to mention that my UNTRAINED Religion check is still higher than Saryon's.

Most characters who deal with religion or healing have strong wisdom scores and generally ignore intelligence, so.... why is it intelligence based? It's retarded and in my eyes, that's the equivalent of having Arcana being Wisdom based. Yup, makes perfect sense to me!

I think the idea is that it's a Knowledge skill and ALL of those were based on INT back in 3.5e. I don't necessarily agree with it but it makes sense now that ranks are gone.

Hmm... interesting discovery. Deschain hasn't been on the forums since before Julie asked him to leave her game. It seems like he went to his exam and never returned to even see the DMs' announcements.

Odd.

Intelligence is the skill used to identify the Tarrasque, Wisdom is the skill that tells you to run away it's the Tarrasque!

doomdragon6

Staff member

Hmm... interesting discovery. Deschain hasn't been on the forums since before Julie asked him to leave her game. It seems like he went to his exam and never returned to even see the DMs' announcements.

Odd.
Hope he's aight..

Hey guys just a heads up:

Tonight my parents are getting back from their vacation. They've been in Vegas for like the past 5 days or something and I expect them to arrive home from the airport sometime mid-game.

If I suddenly say "I need to go AFK" and then just leave for like 30-60 minutes, it's not because I've died, it's because it would be incredibly rude to ignore family members who just got home from abroad. :)

Shawn, maybe you wanna prepare to play Errik during the interim period? Up to yooooou. :)

Just a head's up, one of my house's water pipes burst last night while I was watering the lawn. No real damages done but the plumber is here right now and he's replacing it. He should be done in an hour or so. Unfortunately, that means that I have to monitor him while he works. I should be there around game time, if all goes well.

Yeah I should add that there's a chance that my family meeting dealie will happen during the beginning of the game so it would just seem like I'm really late.

Proof :

Oh yeah... mah new TV... still need to setup... but getting there. :confused:

I must say your Druids Storm Spike + your Fighters Combat Challenge is a delicious combo.

And Shawn's upgrade to the Berserkers aura was beautiful! And evil!

Storm Spike is just a cool power anyway, since moving two squares will almost always provoke opportunity attacks in situations as cramped as last night's.

Even if the enemies are smart enough to know that Grendmir's axe > bonus lightning damage, it's still bonus damage OR a bonus attack being stacked on them either way.

Yes but combined with the fighter they would need to shift and forgo their standard to move again, taking one C/C attack. Or move and have the fighter interrupt their movement with an OA. Barring that you have to remove the fighter from the area, thus fulfilling it's defender role.

Heh, when I first met the Seer, the party though he was a torture victim, set him free, healed him with Encounter Powers!!! and then got surprise attacked by his whole band.

What's up with the horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.