Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2! (On Hiatus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawnacy's 4E D&D Game, part 2!

You still haven't listened to the recording? You've had like 2 weeks!

PLUS LIKE 3 OF US GAVE YOU A SYNOPSIS

Something just occurred to me... Well a couple things actually, but here's one of 'em.

If Doom ad been present during our last session and Serin had witness those dudes flying off with the casket, that would have been the perfect time for her to accidentally realize her power of flight.

Oh well.

Anyway, here's my thinking. I've spoilered it because I think Errik might reveal his theory in-game, so don't read if you don't wanna know.

Seriously, massive theoretical spoiler.

I think the organization Nicodemus and Euric belong to is the Harmonium.

It makes sense if you consider:

• Nicodemus implied that the Yuirwood and all it's people belonged to his group;
  • Adia's people completely vanished off the face of the planet, leaving only Bertrow's name as a clue;
  • Bertrow claims the same thing happened to Serin's clan, and that it was done by the Harmonium;
  • Bertrow spent the years in between searching for a way back to them, and found Shandria's magic Cube to be the method; and
  • Euric knew how to use the Cube to allow the party to escape from the captured Yuirwood.

This also explains (OOC) why I thought Lady Aldarbrush would be tied to Serin, and why Adia is the one who got weird feelings near Astrazalian. Theoretically, Aldarbrush's artifact was the Cube, and it belonged to both Adia AND Serin.

Heads-up, and she doesn't know I'm posting this, I theorize Julie isn't going to make it to the end due to a late night last night.

Anyone wanna take bets? :p

Hmm. Let Julie know that tonight is going to be a lot of combat. If she doesn't want to play she is free to sit out.

Does that mean I get ample warning when nights consist of plenty of roleplaying? :)

Che sera sera.

doomdragon6

Staff member

Naw, Shawn's got mostly dudes.

Now, in Julie's game, nothing but women and children.

That have to die.

NPCs in Julie's game are either:

Women who will be posessed and/or are evil.
Children who will die when it causes the most distress for onlookers.
Men who are dead or will soon be dead.

Most damage ever by a single attack: 120.
Most damage ever on one turn (2 attacks + environmental): 196

doomdragon6

Staff member

Kay, so the latest update added some bitchin' feats for me.

Can I retroactively make my level 8 utilty Beginner's Luck?

Beginner's Luck
Before making a skill check, I can choose Even or Odd. If the number is the type I picked, I get my Cha mod (+4) added to the roll.

Just to keep it simple I'd probably just say Even every time. So every time I roll a skill check, I have a 50% chance to get a +4 on the roll. That's bitchin' cool.

Aw, wait. It's only untrained skills. Oh well, still very awesome.

---------- Post added at 02:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Also, Superior Implements?

Yes.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

So, Shawn, 'nother huge question:

Since these Superior Implements are new and I totally would've taken this as my item from the maze session, can I retroactively make my winged dagger +2 a superior implement? It's the exact same money value. (Though I still have to take the Superior Implement feat to get the bonuses.)

Dammit Shawn! Stop levelling us up right before an update. I took crap like Jack of All Trades and Training: Perception when I could have had awesome shit like this!

Superior implements seem cool but difficult to get into. Not only is it a feat that basically augments your spells in a couple specific ways, but you then have to obtain that specific type of item in order to benefit from them. It would be an easier choice to make if I could take a feat that lets me use ALL superior tomes, as opposed to 1 of the 3 types that currently exist. But if I were to take the Echo Tome feat and then get a Forbidden Tome, I'd get no benefit. It kinda requires a good deal of DM cooperation. This goes DOUBLE for Errik, whose tome is an artifact that occasionally changes it's nature.

I'll be holding off on retraining any feats for the time being. Plus I don't think Errik's the sort of dude who would spec himself further into a corner. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

It's kinda like those feats that give +1 damage if you use a fire or radiant power, when you could've just taken a feat that gives you a constant +1 damage.

doomdragon6

Staff member

Well, I do a lot of sliding with thunder powers, so I'd take the dagger that's thunder. +2 damage to those attacks, and I get to slide them one more square. I can already slide 5 with one attack, so that'd go up to 6! XD

I have a potential conflict next week and would like to pose an alternative day for our game.

Usually I have a game that runs on Fridays. It's a game that I'm enjoying and love to be in attendance. Next Friday the DM is unable to host the game, but has proposed that we play on Thursday of next week instead. This will likely be voted for tonight at the game.

My obligation is to you guys who wait patiently and enthusiastically for my Thursday game, so no matter what we will have a game next week. My question is, depending on how the vote goes tonight, will any of you be opposed to having the game next Friday night at the same time instead?

Next weekend will be a long weekend (we got Monday off), thus I have plans to go up north for the weekend. If it's Friday night, it's very likely I won't be able to attend. I'm bad for Fridays/Sats usually. Sorry man.

Also, I didn't realize it, but on Friday it was the one-year anniversary of our first session in Shawn's game. We sure have been through a lot since invading the kobolds' den and fighting that ice gator.

Status
Not open for further replies.