Ravenpoe knows what's up. Pt2 (PSY's Gentlemen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except Gaga at least has lyrics that can be sung along to.
That's part of the charm.

One of my favorite bands is a The Pillows, a Japanese alternative rock band. Why do I like them? The fact I can only understand a few of the English words they say makes the whole thing feel more harmonic and "unique" compared to the alternative rock I hear over here. If they forced the band to sing entirely in English, I probably wouldn't like the sound as much as wouldn't be a big fan.

PSY has the same charm for me. It's the fact I don't know what he is saying that makes it so catchy for me.

Best part is you can really tell he loves what he does, here's a video played over some his live concert footage.

Just watching him cheers me up.

All right, I have to admit, I'm starting to warm up to this song. Which, honestly, happens to me a lot. I'll hear the latest super popular song and hate it at first. Then I slowly start to warm up to it...usually because I can't get it out of my head. But yeah, today, I was walking to the grocery today and couldn't get the song out of my head.

So not totally in love with it yet, but getting there. :D

*sob* Goddammit, I've had this song stuck in my head all day. And I've played it a couple of times, too.

Now I understand what they mean by a catchy song: it's like a disease. And the only cure is to keep listening to it. :p

That's part of the charm.

One of my favorite bands is a The Pillows, a Japanese alternative rock band. Why do I like them? The fact I can only understand a few of the English words they say makes the whole thing feel more harmonic and "unique" compared to the alternative rock I hear over here. If they forced the band to sing entirely in English, I probably wouldn't like the sound as much as wouldn't be a big fan.

PSY has the same charm for me. It's the fact I don't know what he is saying that makes it so catchy for me.
My favorite Japanese alternative rock band is Shonen Knife. But they sing in English. I'm just a lyric guy, I guess.

It's not her real voice, it's a -mocking voice- to make fun of the -uppity people- from Gangnam in that video.

She's part of a singing group known as 4heart and is pretty talented.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why hello VIDEO I HAVE POSTED TWICE nice to see you again! :D

It's not her real voice, it's a -mocking voice- to make fun of the -uppity people- from Gangnam in that video.

She's part of a singing group known as 4heart and is pretty talented.
Ah, sort of like that episode of zero punctuation where yahtzee tried to do a south african accent for the whole episode and everybody just thought he had the flu.

GasBandit

Staff member
I read that more high school juniors are fluent in Klingon than French.[DOUBLEPOST=1348858719][/DOUBLEPOST]

See now, this is why I hate the internet sometimes. Not steinman's post, but the video parodies. The 'net takes something fun, makes it popular, then runs it into the ground to the point that you're sick of it within a month. I still like the song, but this is going to get old real fast.

See now, this is why I hate the internet sometimes. Not steinman's post, but the video parodies. The 'net takes something fun, makes it popular, then runs it into the ground to the point that you're sick of it within a month. I still like the song, but this is going to get old real fast.
Says the "Sounds like my prom night" guy. Just sayin' :p

Some of these parodies are amazing though, did you see my last video?

Status
Not open for further replies.