Ravenpoe knows what's up. Pt2 (PSY's Gentlemen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day far in the future, archeologists will be studying the remnants of our civilization, and will come across this song, and conclude we were a world of morons.

This song sucks and it's annoying as hell and the dance is stupid and I can't get it out of my head ARGH...

Even Simon Cowell says it's brilliant. Who are YOU to disagree with that?!
Simon Cowell couldn't recognize Ant and Dec if they dressed up as white trash wannabe rappers and sang a girl's song, so I'd say my judgment is better than his.

Humph.

If that guy had come on one of Simon Cowell's 100 shows that are all exactly the same, he wouldn't have made it past the audition stage with that song. Simon Cowell's forced to say it's good because its popular right now.

Or he recognizes it as the genius that it is. However, this is PSY's 6th Album release so it's definitely going to be a one-hit wonder for him. Still, the catchy-ness is obvious and his tongue in cheek spoof style is amazing.

Simon Cowell couldn't recognize Ant and Dec if they dressed up as white trash wannabe rappers and sang a girl's song, so I'd say my judgment is better than his.

Humph.

Simon Cowell's big success before Pop Idol, was recordings of WWE wrestlers singing pop songs...

He has no taste, but he can make money.

One day far in the future, archeologists will be studying the remnants of our civilization, and will come across this song, and conclude we were a world of morons.

This song sucks and it's annoying as hell and the dance is stupid and I can't get it out of my head ARGH...
Nope, still can't stand it. Shitty techno is shitty.
If that guy had come on one of Simon Cowell's 100 shows that are all exactly the same, he wouldn't have made it past the audition stage with that song. Simon Cowell's forced to say it's good because its popular right now.

Yeah, you really went out on a limb there.
I called it when PSY had about 8,000 views. So yeah, it was a Korean youtube video with little exposure. I simply stumbled across it one day and just knew if it got spread around a bit, it'd be huge.

I may disagree with your opinion but hey, music is relative.

Oh and much like Lady GaGa, PSY is more about the show and style than the music.

I'm just giving you a hard time because you're bragging about something so trivial. It was already well on it's way to being huge when you 'called it.' It was positively erumpent on Reddit, which is how I even heard about the darn thing.

I'm just giving you a hard time because you're bragging about something so trivial. It was already well on it's way to being huge when you 'called it.' It was positively erumpent on Reddit, which is how I even heard about the darn thing.
I'm so sorry, you've shown me the error of my ways. I'm so sad I was bragging about trivial matters. I'll focus on changing the world instead. Thank you for that eye opening response.

pff I liked Gangnam Style before it was cool, I saw it when it had 7,999 views

*glasses fall onto face from the sky, Gilgamesh shatters into a million pieces*

The passive aggressive is strong with this one. Hey, do what you like, I just think bragging about it is multiple times is annoying.

pff I liked Gangnam Style before it was cool, I saw it when it had 7,999 views

*glasses fall onto face from the sky, Gilgamesh shatters into a million pieces*
Noone is surprised that you'd take the hipster route Charlie ;)

drifter - In case you didn't realize it, since I posted it in response to Charlie's music thread, I've been -bragging- because it laughs in the face of all this mainstream pop music that's generic and copied over and over again. Lady GaGa and now PSY are just a couple in a long line of artists that poke fun at that very existence of music typecasting. If you honestly thought I was bragging because I -lol discovered it before it was popular hur hur let me take a sip of my Pabst Blue Ribbon- then I'm sorry it went over your head :)

I called it when PSY had about 8,000 views. So yeah, it was a Korean youtube video with little exposure. I simply stumbled across it one day and just knew if it got spread around a bit, it'd be huge.
this seems like earnest bragging and you're just backpedaling, dude

I was obviously making fun of that shit, despite my hipster tendencies, I'm super late to popular stuff ( or not popular stuff ) and I think that 'before it was cool' attitude is lame (hence me calling you out)

this seems like earnest bragging and you're just backpedaling, dude

I was obviously making fun of that shit, despite my hipster tendencies, I'm super late to popular stuff ( or not popular stuff ) and I think that 'before it was cool' attitude is lame (hence me calling you out)
Call it whatever you like :)
I've admitted and have no problems doing so when I'm wrong on something. (See my post with NickGuy and his review on Sucker Punch, I was more than happy to say I was wrong)

drifterIf you honestly thought I was bragging because I -lol discovered it before it was popular hur hur let me take a sip of my Pabst Blue Ribbon- then I'm sorry it went over your head :)
Man did I call this shit or what?

Still bragging. Still annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.