Rant VIII: The Reckoning

I should be allowed to hit short little shit disturbing cocksuckers with a shovel. Fuck off you little shit you're just needlessly creating drama so you can watch.
I find your message intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

But seriously how fucking hard is it to open up excel and not violate QC policy.

:(

There's apparently an active shooter situation 6 blocks from me in my tiny town of 2500 people. It's been going on for over an hour now, but we just found out about it because we've been wearing headphones and keeping the windows closed all night and didn't hear the sirens for the first time ever. It's apparently a "barricaded inside residence with multiple responding agencies" kind of situation now. Fuck.

Edit: And just like that, it was over. Suspect in custody, surrendered himself, no (additional) shots fired. Phew. Now tomorrow we get to go to the diner and figure out who the hell got arrested.

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Phoenix sucks and the Pay Center sucks even worse because they are under the impression that it should be supported rather than burned to the ground.

I understand that, but the various call centers and such in PHX are staffed by people making $10.50/hour and probably aren't getting full time hours, either.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

These are staffed by unionized government workers making a whole hell of a lot more than that. Providin they’re being paid of course lol!!

At every step in the chain from HR, to LR, to Call Centre and Management...no one has any sense of urgency and spends days doing what a motivated and engaged person could do in a few hours.

There’s no excuse for the pay file backlog. If there were real consequences for it, it would have been resolved years ago or it would never have gotten so bad. I hold the Compensation Advisors solely responsible for that. There’s no excuse for it to take 17 months to calculate back pay.

There's apparently an active shooter situation 6 blocks from me in my tiny town of 2500 people. It's been going on for over an hour now, but we just found out about it because we've been wearing headphones and keeping the windows closed all night and didn't hear the sirens for the first time ever. It's apparently a "barricaded inside residence with multiple responding agencies" kind of situation now. Fuck.

Edit: And just like that, it was over. Suspect in custody, surrendered himself, no (additional) shots fired. Phew. Now tomorrow we get to go to the diner and figure out who the hell got arrested.
And the wrap-up is: 35 yr old male whose wife packed up the kids and left him spent the day drinking at home with his buddies before becoming suicidal and firing off a couple rounds at a responding officer (after the suspect's buddy drove to the PD to alert them that he was suicidal). He'll now be charged with a whole slough of things, but the one that shows up time and time again is of course... felon in possession of a firearm.

I mis-interpreted this, as my company has clients in the city of Phoenix that can be "difficult" at times. It's where my mind goes first.
It could have been worse. If you had immediately thought of the 'tutor of Achilles', you might have outed yourself as an AI.

I wonder if we'll ever really know who's responsible, if anyone:
Treasury Board President Scott Brison said the Phoenix pay problems are a “top priority” for the Liberals, but still blamed the former Conservative government for creating the problem. He said Ottawa is also working to change the public service culture – the “plumbing of government” – after 10 years under the former Harper government.

“It’s often referred to as the plumbing of government and nobody really pays attention to plumbing until there’s a big mess,” Mr. Brison said.

Conservative public services critic Tony Clement, who was Treasury Board president under the Harper government, said the Tories bear “none” of the responsibility for the Phoenix disaster. He said the Conservatives held off on proceeding with implementation when they heard concerns from bureaucrats.

“I know people like to spread the blame, but I think we did the right thing as political overseers when we heard the tales of concern,” Mr. Clement said.
Muddies the waters very effectively.

I'd say Tony Clement is wrong. Our government fucked up from start to finish and everyone with any sort of power who touched it is responsible.

Since the thing was bought during Harper's reign, they are responsible for buying an obvious lemon. The Liberals are also responsible because they continued implementing it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Harper is in the wrong for leading the charge to buy this wrecked fossil of a system. You get what you pay for.

The current government is in the wrong for continuing for bleeding money into the system rather than buying a new system.

No one should be losing their home because their employer can’t pay them. It’s inexcusable.

So I was prettying up the flowerbeds in the front of my house when TODAY I LEARNED an underground hornet's nest had been built recently.

I haven't been stung since I was kid (where I stepped on a nest and was stung dozens of times on the legs) so at least now I know I'm not allergic to their stings since I was nailed at least a dozen times on my left hand and arm and half dozen on my right hand and arm and a few times on my neck and back of the head.

I fucking hate yards, I fucking hate houses and hornets can fucking all die in the void of space forever.

I'm sitting in my bathtub right now shaking in pain.

So I was prettying up the flowerbeds in the front of my house when TODAY I LEARNED an underground hornet's nest had been built recently.

I haven't been stung since I was kid (where I stepped on a nest and was stung dozens of times on the legs) so at least now I know I'm not allergic to their stings since I was nailed at least a dozen times on my left hand and arm and half dozen on my right hand and arm and a few times on my neck and back of the head.

I fucking hate yards, I fucking hate houses and hornets can fucking all die in the void of space forever.

I'm sitting in my bathtub right now shaking in pain.
We have a massive hornet's nest buried under the sidewalk in front of our house. It's not fun in the summer.

Still better than the fact that basically the entirity of my parent's house is built on an ant hill. When they started digging the foundation, they literally needed to abandon the site because of the swarm of ants.

This nest is getting spaded so FUCKING hard once I stop hurting all over the affected areas. I am going to obliterate them so fully that their ancestors will blink out of existence.

You pieces of invasive worthless shit. I will visit such wrath upon you.

I am going to feed their young to my neighbor's anthill.

Battle report.

I jammed my spade deep into their nest and hauled out a big chunk of it, tossed it onto my lawn and did a leaping stomp onto it killing as many as I could. My spade was covered in their corpses. I then beat a hasty retreat as they sprung into action. My thick layer of winter gear protected me from their counterattack.

No time to take pictures, but I will definitely post the aftermath once the war is done.

GasBandit

Staff member
Battle report.

I jammed my spade deep into their nest and hauled out a big chunk of it, tossed it onto my lawn and did a leaping stomp onto it killing as many as I could. My spade was covered in their corpses. I then beat a hasty retreat as they sprung into action. My thick layer of winter gear protected me from their counterattack.

No time to take pictures, but I will definitely post the aftermath once the war is done.
Huh. Kudos for having the ball-balls to go after it with a physical attack. I'd have used spray/poison.

Battle report.

My husband did basically this when he found a nest burrowed in our lawn when he tried to cut the grass last year.

Huh. Kudos for having the ball-balls to go after it with a physical attack. I'd have used spray/poison.
Huh, must be something going around, or must be the season for it. Just had another friend of mine discover a similar infestation at the edge of his property.
So I sent him this:

When I had an infestation in my yard several years back, I covered the entrance by standing up a big fat log over the hole, and then saturated the ground around it with water spray. The little buggers dug their way out around the edges of the log by the next morning, so I resolved to get serious once I got back from work that night.
...but once I got home from work, I discovered that a raccoon had found the nest, dug down to it, tore it open, and ate them all. Well ok then.

--Patrick

There are giant, nasty ass bugs in my office. Seriously, there was a huge, hairy spider in the printer room today and a big thing staring down at me from my ceiling. So gross.