Rant VIII: The Reckoning

So the engine doesn't need to be rebuilt. The thing died on the way to the mechanic. Had to have it towed there and got told it would be $6k for the repairs. The car is 11 years old. It isn't worth $6k. So we're going to have to get another car. The old one is going to get sold on Craigslist for parts.

So the engine doesn't need to be rebuilt. The thing died on the way to the mechanic. Had to have it towed there and got told it would be $6k for the repairs. The car is 11 years old. It isn't worth $6k. So we're going to have to get another car. The old one is going to get sold on Craigslist for parts.
RIP Wasabimobile.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I got my MP’s office involved and within a day my hours were sent to my insurance company. They were processed there and they sent the payment Friday and I received it today.

I looked online today and I’ll receive paycheques on Wednesday. At the wrong rate....and without my bilingual bonus.

It’s a good start.

I’ll be all over them at the start of the month to make sure that things go better going forward.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I was paid! I will have to fight to get my LTD again each month until I’m full time and I don’t have my retro, but I’m paid.

My boss is away for a month so I’ll be screwed up likely over the next month, but I got paid.

I didn’t believe it until I actually went in and saw it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

And it’s already screwed up again. I may not get paid for the next pay period. The system ate all my hours. The person approving my time can’t see anything.

FML.

Dave

Staff member
Step 1: Work at a place.
Step 2: Place pays me for my time.
Step 3: Both sides profit from the interaction.

If any of these three things are not happening, time to get the fuck out. What's the worst that will happen? You wouldn't get paid? You aren't getting paid NOW!

You should not have to FIGHT for your paycheck. You so need to get your state's (or country's - don't know where you are at) labor board. You've already mentioned the union, but you need to look into even suing. Sucks but you're not getting anywhere doing what you are doing right now.

I've been assuming that our anonymous poster works for the government, and is going through this shit because the government bought terrible payroll software that had previously fucked over Australia's government workers.

And it’s already screwed up again. I may not get paid for the next pay period. The system ate all my hours. The person approving my time can’t see anything.

FML.
How are your income taxes paid? If they come directly off your paycheque then chances are your employer isn't paying that either. One anonymous phone call to the tax authorities & they will get involved to get their money & they won't accept "But we haven't paid our employee" as an excuse not to pay the taxes on your wage. And to work out what tax they need to pay on your wages they first need to work out what your wages are.

I dunno. This is sounding a lot more malicious than simple incompetence.

I know you loathe to officially pursue grievances, but I hope you're meticulously documenting things because I fear it'll keep happening again and again, and it won't be "fixed" until you really are ready to throw down the gauntlet.

That's when the documentation will come in handy and should merit you additional damages.

You have great worker's protections, don't avoid using them. If you are eligible, it's because your employers are failing their legal obligations - don't let them make you feel like you need to dance around their "feelings"

It's a business transaction. They don't pay, you immediately report them and seek damages. Do it every single time and they will learn, and it'll all be in the past soon enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually a way to just "subtlety" force you out. Or are they just too incompetent for that sort of thing?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I've been assuming that our anonymous poster works for the government, and is going through this shit because the government bought terrible payroll software that had previously fucked over Australia's government workers.
You are the correct one!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually a way to just "subtlety" force you out. Or are they just too incompetent for that sort of thing?
Too incompetent.

The pay situation is not controlled by the group I work with.

Hon, get out.

Get the blankety-blank out.

Get the blankety-blank out NOW.

Give two weeks, tell them that if you don't get your paycheck and all the back pay you deserve by the time you walk out the door, you will be suing your boss, your boss's boss, and anyone else you can for everything they will have ever earned in their incompetent lives - TREBLED.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

The previous post wasn’t me, but that article describes what I’m dealing with. To try and stay anonymous, I didn’t give complete details of my situation that might identify me.

Given the number of us impacted (see the numbers in the article) it’s not personal. Everyone in my office has been impacted in varying degrees of severity at some point.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I should be allowed to hit short little shit disturbing cocksuckers with a shovel. Fuck off you little shit you're just needlessly creating drama so you can watch.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I think I’ll respond to my next HR email with OMGWTFBBQ.

It’s not like any of the well thought out emails I send get results.