Rant VIII: The Reckoning

GasBandit

Staff member
God Tim & Eric was such a shitty fucking show.
I can't believe they kept getting shows greenlit. Tom Goes To The Mayor should have been a career-ender, and yet they were continually given more opportunities to confuse and nauseate audiences thru 2014.

fade

Staff member
Here's where someone usually jumps in raving about how the show was anti-humor, which is so hilarious, and that people just don't get it, but of course they do.

I miss the days when Adult Swim was just Futurama, Family Guy, and anime.
[DOUBLEPOST=1492552726,1492552615][/DOUBLEPOST]
I miss when it had better anime too.
the biggest problem is the entire anime viewer has changed over the last 10 years. its not even pirates anymore, cruchyroll/anime strike(FUCK YOU AMAZON) and their ilk has made it so anime on tv is fucking pointless. lets not mention that the anime starts at like 1 am cst now! GRRR

GasBandit

Staff member
Crunchyroll doesn't have enough dubs, imo. Many properties that I know for a fact have been dubbed and dubbed well (looking at YOU, Jojo), all they've got is the japanese audio.

And now Netflix is starting to get that way too. They've got One Punch Man, for example, but only the JAP audio. I had to pirate it to watch it in english. I can understand (even without agreeing) why Crunchyroll might do this weeb shit, but Netflix oughta fuckin know better.

Reactions: Dei
Crunchyroll apparently partnered with VRV, but I really haven't put a lot of effort to figure out what that gets me.

GasBandit

Staff member
Crunchyroll apparently partnered with VRV, but I really haven't put a lot of effort to figure out what that gets me.
Near as I can tell, a slightly crappier place to watch the new Attack on Titan season when Crunchyroll's servers are brought to their knees.

Toonami anime...

- DBZ Super is fun and way more like Dragonball than Z.
- JoJo is love. JoJo is life. And I'd never have watched it if it hadn't been for Toonami.
- Unicorn Gundam sure is a Gundam show!
- Haven't gotten a chance to see Tokyo Ghoul, but I know it did well in Japan.
- Naruto is almost over. I can't wait for the time slot to be freed up.
- I actually really liked OnePiece but FUCK ME if I'm staying up to 2:30-3am to watch it.

I can't believe they kept getting shows greenlit. Tom Goes To The Mayor should have been a career-ender, and yet they were continually given more opportunities to confuse and nauseate audiences thru 2014.
You know who loves Tim and Eric? Weird Al, John C. Reilly, Jack Black, and lots of other serious comedians... which is why they all got parts on the show.

Which is why it stayed on the air. When big name stars offer to do spots on your budget show for peanuts, you keep that show on the air. No matter how awful it becomes.

Crunchyroll doesn't have enough dubs, imo. Many properties that I know for a fact have been dubbed and dubbed well (looking at YOU, Jojo), all they've got is the japanese audio.

And now Netflix is starting to get that way too. They've got One Punch Man, for example, but only the JAP audio. I had to pirate it to watch it in english. I can understand (even without agreeing) why Crunchyroll might do this weeb shit, but Netflix oughta fuckin know better.
This is one of the reasons Netflix has gotten into the anime game: they want first draft of anime seasons AND dubs. And they are doing decently well: I'm digging the hell out of Little Witch Academia.

GasBandit

Staff member
Toonami anime...

- DBZ Super is fun and way more like Dragonball than Z.
- JoJo is love. JoJo is life. And I'd never have watched it if it hadn't been for Toonami.
- Unicorn Gundam sure is a Gundam show!
- Haven't gotten a chance to see Tokyo Ghoul, but I know it did well in Japan.
- Naruto is almost over. I can't wait for the time slot to be freed up.
- I actually really liked OnePiece but FUCK ME if I'm staying up to 2:30-3am to watch it.
The majority of anime I keep and recommend is stuff I first saw on Adult Swim back in the day. GITS:SAC. Fullmetal Alchemist. Death Note. S-Cry-Ed. Cowboy Bebop. Big O. FLCL. Black Lagoon. Code Geass. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Kill la Kill. Paranoia Agent. Samurai Champloo. Heh, even Shin-Chan.

This is one of the reasons Netflix has gotten into the anime game: they want first draft of anime seasons AND dubs. And they are doing decently well: I'm digging the hell out of Little Witch Academia.
Is it in English?

(looks it up on phone)

Doesn't look like it.

Meh. Maybe someday.

Meantime... looks like Ouran High School Host Club *is* actually dubbed... soooo I might finally get around to watching that, I suppose.

the main reason i collect the dvd/blu-rays is im way to lazy to hunt for the legal dub streams.

Last edited:
Is it in English?

(looks it up on phone)

Doesn't look like it.

Meh. Maybe someday.

Meantime... looks like Ouran High School Host Club *is* actually dubbed... soooo I might finally get around to watching that, I suppose.
Netflix doesn't like doing English releases unless they can dump it all at once. Little Witch Academia is currently in it's second cour and won't be over until... early July, I think? It should have 25 episodes so at least 10 more weeks. After that, the dub SHOULD come reasonably quickly, as Netflix owns the rights in both the US and Japan.

Am I the only 30-45 year old who likes Naruto? I thought it was a pretty good series. Especially Shippuden.
I like it, and I'm near the middle of your range. Thus the answer to your query is, "no". I haven't kept up with it, but once it completes I'll find it and find out how it all wraps up.

I know why the seller did not have the Taiwan jerseys, but had all the other teams, even Israel... The seller is in China.
...Goddammit. Figures. (And their annoying "Chinese Taipei" instead of Taiwan bull.) I still really want to get him one. I looked at the warm up jacket but they only had XL left. :(

It used to be easier when I worked right above an MLB store.

Found a used copy of the OVA collection of Irresponsible Captain Tylor for 6.90 Euro plus shipping put on Amazon by a third party seller. 12 hours later I got an E-mail informing me that my order was cancelled by the seller. It was too good to be true. :(

So far, 2017 is the worst year of my life. My grandmother is dying. I wish I could express to you how much I love her and how I feel right now.

Do you know those few seconds after you wake up when you don't remember anything and you don't have a worry in the world? I hate those.

My grandmother died.

Descanse en paz, Mami Alida. Se merece un descanso después de todo lo que hizo por nosotros.