Rant VIII: The Reckoning

This morning got an email from the HR group doing a background check for a job. They have me listed as a convicted violent felon.

On the one hand it's amusing, on the other hand it's really annoying because I need to sort it out. During that time I was in school (so have transcripts), working full time (so have pay stubs and/or tax documents), and even had a child, and all within Michigan, while supposedly I was also serving a 2 year sentence in an Ohio jail for a second degree felony assault (which I apparently pled down from an attempted murder, and also managed to get the minimum sentencing for 2nd degree felony assault...).

Hopefully I can get this all sorted out, but my guess is that since this person shares my first name, middle initial, last name, birth month and birth day it's going to come up in future background checks again and again. I'm going to have to get court documents and just keep them handy every time someone wants to run a background check on me.

I'm hoping the legal middle name is different. The county court clerk has verified that the birth year is different, and I hope to be getting a document to that effect later today that has the court case number shown on the background report.

In other news, "Adam Davis" is still on death row in Florida, having avoided the executioner's final act for nearly two decades. Fortunately that doesn't show up on stuff since Adam is my middle name, not my first name. Still on the first page for google results though...

Yum - horse manure!

We have a mouse facility in our subbasements in the building I work in. For about a week last year, they were somehow venting the air from down there into the bathrooms for the whole building. What smells worse than human excrement? >10,ooo mice excrement. It was also warm air. So it was stuffy and smelly. Terrible combo.

This morning got an email from the HR group doing a background check for a job. They have me listed as a convicted violent felon.

On the one hand it's amusing, on the other hand it's really annoying because I need to sort it out. During that time I was in school (so have transcripts), working full time (so have pay stubs and/or tax documents), and even had a child, and all within Michigan, while supposedly I was also serving a 2 year sentence in an Ohio jail for a second degree felony assault (which I apparently pled down from an attempted murder, and also managed to get the minimum sentencing for 2nd degree felony assault...).

Hopefully I can get this all sorted out, but my guess is that since this person shares my first name, middle initial, last name, birth month and birth day it's going to come up in future background checks again and again. I'm going to have to get court documents and just keep them handy every time someone wants to run a background check on me.

I'm hoping the legal middle name is different. The county court clerk has verified that the birth year is different, and I hope to be getting a document to that effect later today that has the court case number shown on the background report.

In other news, "Adam Davis" is still on death row in Florida, having avoided the executioner's final act for nearly two decades. Fortunately that doesn't show up on stuff since Adam is my middle name, not my first name. Still on the first page for google results though...
Here is a really interesting and relevant read: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/03/identity-theft-racial-justice?CMP=share_btn_fb

*Edit* Interestingly, it is also about a Davis!

I feel your pain. I share the same name as the creator of Garfield. Super duper common. BTW, we're probably distant cousins. You, me, and JD!

So, I think this means you've been siring so many new humans because you've been fated with replacing the souls all the Alternate Yous are murdering.

On the one hand it's amusing, on the other hand it's really annoying because I need to sort it out.
Tell me about it. I have a house I'm trying to sell, I actually have an offer on it, but the underwriters have refused it because "...the property address is incorrect."
In about 2005 or so, the USPS redistricted the ZIP codes in this area. Mine changed. I had nothing to do with it BUT because the mortgage/deed/etc are all using the (now incorrect) ZIP code because they were created 17 YEARS AGO suddenly that's enough to invalidate all the paperwork. "Don't you have some sort of confirmation that this change occurred?" I DIDN'T MAKE THIS CHANGE WHY WOULD I HAVE ANY KIND OF RECEIPT grrrr...

--Patrick

If you tried to google me it'd be fruitless. My last name is "Anderson" and my first name is ridiculously common as well (middle is also fairly common). I guess I'm lucky that I have an uncommon birthday.

fade

Staff member
If you tried to google me it'd be fruitless. My last name is "Anderson" and my first name is ridiculously common as well (middle is also fairly common). I guess I'm lucky that I have an uncommon birthday.

Nice try, Neo.

Is your birthday February 29th? Otherwise I have no idea what that means.
February the anything should be rarest. I mean, the odds are only 7.7% you'll be born on any day in February, as compared with about 8.4% for any of the other months.

--Patrick

lol, I love how people just squeeze their legs together for the 4th of July. :p

Also, am I crazy or is half the month missing?

Dave

Staff member
13 days, hath September, April, June, and November. And apparently all the rest as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1491588164,1491588060][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol, I love how people just squeeze their legs together for the 4th of July. :p
Technically they squeeze their legs together 9 months earlier. So we need to have a little talk about how these things work?

GasBandit

Staff member
Whups, yep, here's the whole chart.

[DOUBLEPOST=1491588344,1491588276][/DOUBLEPOST]Which implies people are making babies mostly Oct-Feb. ESPECIALLY December. Merry Christmas, baby.

GasBandit

Staff member
These days, so many births are induced/c-section by appointment, It makes sense that some holidays are avoided. Nobody seems to be squirting out crotchspawn on christmas, either. But they definitely want em before new years. Tax purposes.

These days, so many births are induced/c-section by appointment, It makes sense that some holidays are avoided. Nobody seems to be squirting out crotchspawn on christmas, either. But they definitely want em before new years. Tax purposes.
My nephew's B'day is the 26th of December. I can't remember if he was induced, or his sister was (random day in April), or both.

Also, this seems to have little effect according to your chart:

Fun fact: @Dirona and I were in that theatre when that was filmed. Great cruise.

FYI even though the graph doesn't seem to suggest it, August has historically been the month that has the most total babies.

--Patrick

I got offered a really good job and I was really excited to leave the firm I'd been working for. Before I could start, I needed a security clearance. I was mortified when it came back with a hit. This was before digital prints, so I had to go the RCMP station and get them done manually and it took months for them to be processed. I finished first in the competition, but because of the shady chick with my name, the dude who finished second got to start months earlier.[DOUBLEPOST=1491610388,1491610353][/DOUBLEPOST]I used to get her collection calls all the time.

I'm somewhat surprised. I was under the impression that October 5 was the most common birthday, but that chart suggests something akin to October 2.