Rant VII: Now With 25% Less Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap! How big was this hail? Baseball size?
Yep. I could swear that the one that took out my front windshield was slightly bigger but yeah, baseball was the general size. It all happened so fast over the course of 45mins though. Seriously, it went from bright sunny day, to slight drizzle, to light pebble sized hail, to baseball sized hail, back to light drizzle then bright sunny day in that small time frame.

And some might say...it took baseball-sized hailballs to make Sheg's heart grow three sizes that day...

yeah, but seriously? Girls That Take Care of Me is like, my Achille's Heel. I love being coddled, swaddled, babied, fondled. I'm a big teddy bear. Except for some reason those end up being the women I toss away, versus the frigid, distant, independant hoo-nanny's I end up vying for, constantly.

Hmm. Sheg and Nurse Cutie is like free therapy for me.
Maybe it's just because it has never been done for me that it managed to hit a tinge of sentiment in me. However now that I'm awake again (albeit a little groggy from the medication of last night) I realize that there's hurdles in the way of it becoming anything "real" that can't be ignored. As stated in a previous thread, we'll just enjoy it for what it is for as long as it stays that way. I will say though, the gesture she made to help me last night did mean alot.

ElJuski

Staff member
Probably should be in a compliments thread, but more and more as I'm on the boards these days, I really want to go out on the town and try and pick up some chicks with Sheg. Come visit me in DC, chica, let's turn the town electric.

ElJuski

Staff member
I haven't used that line in like THREE WEEKS. By the way, like "Is Rocco's Mordern Life or Hey! Arnold a better television show" is any better ~____~

Nothing, I thought we had a good time. Nothing has changed as far as I can tell except that since we've been back she doesn't have any time for me. So, yeah. I ask about it and get brushed off. I just assume she's getting her shit together to let me down easy. It's happened before like this for me in past relationships. I recognize the signs. It's just kind of a bummer, we've only been dating really for 6 months or so but I thought we had a good thing.

S

SeraRelm

Well, I'm not there and you are, so you're closer to the situation. I guess "don't smother her over it" would be the only advice I can give just in case she only wants some space after a vacation. Whichever happens, you have our support.

(queue "and my axe" in...)

I'm right in the path of that April snowstorm they've predicted for the next couple of days. Projections have called for anywhere from a lot of rain to 22" of snow.

The model that really has me freaking out is the one predicting 6" or so of heavy, wet snow. Thanks to a warmer-than-normal March, the trees have their leaves earlier than usual. That's a recipe for disaster. It's the same combination that toppled the tree that contributed to my house burning down back in 2005.

M

makare

My best friend from high school's mom has been fighting cancer for the last few years. Last week she had a seizure and her cancer may have spread to her spine.

She is getting the best care available in the country and we are hoping and praying so much but she might not make it.

she might just have days, weeks or months.

She's always been like my second mom. I feel like i've been kicked in the gut.

"Hello, Mr. Bhamv? We're that company that rejected you for our full-time position a few weeks ago, but decided to insult you by offering you a part time position instead. Well, we're just calling to let you know that another full-time position has opened up, and we've reviewed your information and found that you are, indeed, qualified for it, but we won't be offering it to you. We would still like to hire you on a part time basis though. Please get back to us. Thank you and have a nice day."

No, seriously, SCREW YOU GUYS.

I shit you not. This is the phone call I got today.

fade

Staff member
You should check with the developers who built your house, Dave. I have a feeling they moved the headstones, but they didn't move the bodies.

First World Problem #567,128,103

Wife's grandfather dies. As she's on the phone with me, telling me that he passed, I quickly email my mother letting her know and that we'll be heading to Saskatchewan shortly.

Found out just now that my mom was pissed I emailed her. That I was rude and immoral for emailing her instead of calling her. And the reason she didn't send flowers to my wife because I was so nasty.

The best first world problem I've ever had the presence of mind to apply the tag to, when someone said it in actual conversation?

"My face hurts from smiling so much."

<sigh> This started in the random crap thread, or possibly the whine thread, moved to the Minor Rant thread on Friday, and now it's coming in here. The email address through which I get 100% of my role related emails and 100% of my faxes was deleted Wednesday night. It's a yearly expiring email alias and it expired - but I wasn't the owner of the account when the notification went out that it was due to expire, so I didn't get any notice. The guy who was the owner of the account did get an email notifying him that the address was due to expire, which suddenly reminded him that he was still the owner of the account. He didn't want to be the owner of the account anymore, so he contacted me to take over for him, but failed to mention that the entire reason he was contacting me was because he got an automated system message telling him the account was going to expire. Hell, his department screwed this role up so badly, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't even bother to read the email, just saw that it was about the alias and immediately contacted me to get rid of it.

Now I'm having to deal with MSIT, who are nothing if not the world standard for lazy, inept IT departments. They did some brief exploratory work on it last Thursday, then reported back to me that there was nothing they could do because the account had been deleted 14 days earlier. I, of course, responded that I was very confused as to how that could be true, seeing as how the account was live as of the previous day at 5:00pm (it was my way of politely calling bullshit), so they "re-escalated" the ticket. And that's the last we've heard of the whole deal, but not for lack of trying. Friday morning I sent them a follow up email, asking for a status report. That afternoon my boss and I called IT to ask about the status, only to be told that they were working on it, but that they might not be working on it right then. We were also told that yes, IT does have a priority system, but the person we talked to couldn't explain the system and couldn't tell us what sort of priority this ticket had within the system; and also that this latest tech would apply the label "work stoppage" to the ticket, to let them know that it's a serious problem, but that she couldn't say for certain that that would let them know that it was a serious problem or that it would cause them to work it any faster.

Meanwhile, the only way customers can contact us right now for Next of Kin related inquiries is by postal mail (or by FedEx, etc.), which MS Mail Services frequently loses and/or mis-routes. Back in February I got a stack of mail that various people in the company who aren't me and have nothing to do with NOK had received and had attempted to route to yet another person who isn't me and who still doesn't have anything to do with NOK; and some of the mail was from as far back as October - meaning that in several of the cases there was nothing I could do because the accounts had already expired by the time the mail got to me, but hadn't yet when the people sending the mail had sent it. It's boring enough around here when people can contact me and I just don't have enough to do to fill my days, it's ridiculous when people can't even contact me. Oh, and the kicker? IT has suggested that, since this may take a while, I should just request approval for the re-creation of the alias. Unfortunately, that takes at least 48 hours and approval from several levels of the company just to recreate the alias, and even more time for IT to create a mailbox and get the routing set up correctly so that I have access to it. Back when my division was originally taking over the project and I was just starting out, it took 2 weeks just for me to get access, and the alias was already in existence at that point.

It sure is a good thing I don't work for a major tech company, or this would just be silly.

GasBandit

Staff member
So the mechanic says the bushings on my car's control arms are broken. I didn't even hit anything or go over any rough bumps or such. He says it'll be in the neighborhood of $700 to fix.

FUUUUUUUUUUU.

Status
Not open for further replies.