Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a note from my second job, a homecare company. They are missing 5 things for my employee file, one of them being proof of training.

I have no proof of training. I wasn't trained. They threw me to the dogs, knowing full well I had never done anything like this before. This better not cause any problems, because I'm already just scraping by financially, and if I have to look for a job to replace this one ... I'm basically screwed with a giant lubricated horse cock.

HUE. It's spelled hue and cry, you twit. I know people don't give a shit about spelling anymore, but you're a paid writer for fuck's sake, even if it's a blog. Act like you are familiar with the idioms you use.

Gah. I know typos and whatnot happen, and blogs (even professional ones) are inherently casual, but it drives me insane when paid writers don't know which word they are using. Every time I see someone write compliment when they mean complement, I want to smash my head against my desk. It's gotten to the point that I wonder if people hear the word "complement" and actually think it is supposed to be "compliment." That would be even worse. I really gotta stop reading so many sports blogs.

HUE. It's spelled hue and cry, you twit. I know people don't give a shit about spelling anymore, but you're a paid writer for fuck's sake, even if it's a blog. Act like you are familiar with the idioms you use.
Give it 100 years and his spelling will be the right one...

Give it 100 years and his spelling will be the right one...[/QUOTE]

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Unless everyone with the capacity to write is magically lobotomized overnight, and start to misspell an idiom like that consistently.

Now I'm curious as to where this typo came up.

C

Chazwozel

Well, it's time to delete the ol' facebook page. A fucking asshole I went to high school with thought it would be a neat idea to friend everyone in our graduating class, scan our yearbook pictures to facebook, take current pictures of ourselves from our facebook pages, and generate a 'now and then' collage of each individual. All without our consent to use our current pictures. What kind of fucking dipshit does this after he's been graduated from high school for 10 years? I want to ask him if he's got a job or other hobbies, cause why the hell would you want to even attempt something like this?

Dave

Staff member
Well, it's time to delete the ol' facebook page. A fucking asshole I went to high school with thought it would be a neat idea to friend everyone in our graduating class, scan our yearbook pictures to facebook, take current pictures of ourselves from our facebook pages, and generate a 'now and then' collage of each individual. All without our consent to use our current pictures. What kind of fucking dipshit does this after he's been graduated from high school for 10 years? I want to ask him if he's got a job or other hobbies, cause why the hell would you want to even attempt something like this?
I wouldn't do that because there's only a few people I care enough to talk to from high school.

C

Chazwozel

I wouldn't do that because there's only a few people I care enough to talk to from high school.[/QUOTE]

Not many people keep in contact with more than a few people from high school. Thing is this guy was a grade A loser in high school. No one liked him at all. I only remember that he was extremely annoying. Why on Earth would you want to make collages of people that didn't even like you back then, or care about you today?

Cajungal

Staff member
Damn that's .... a huge waste of time and kind of weird. I have a lot of "friends" from high school on my facebook page, but that's because we were kind of a close class, and while we don't hang out or talk much, it's nice to see what they and their new families are up to... cheaper and less annoying than family newsletters, too. But I've never heard of anyone I know undertaking anything like that. Weird.

C

Chazwozel

Damn that's .... a huge waste of time and kind of weird. I have a lot of "friends" from high school on my facebook page, but that's because we were kind of a close class, and while we don't hang out or talk much, it's nice to see what they and their new families are up to... cheaper and less annoying than family newsletters, too. But I've never heard of anyone I know undertaking anything like that. Weird.
That's kinda how my class was too. My school district was weird where all the elementary schools in the area pooled into a single junior high, which then pooled to the same high school. So everyone I went to high school with I pretty much knew since 6th grade. I distinctly remember this guy being a royal pain in the ass though. I generally tried to be nice to everyone, but I really had to grit my teeth with him.

Cajungal

Staff member
Hey, it can't be helped sometime. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, there's just something unknown that repels you from someone. I had a guy like that too. I LOVE him now, actually, he's a sweetheart. But in high school something about him just made me cringe.

I just finished talking to the school office at the new korean school I'll be working at in Shenyang,

I have to say that I'm disappointed. First they call me to tell me that it's impossible for them to help me get my work visa and that I need to get a six month visa on my own because there's 'no time'. I told them what my contact with the school told me, which is an advisor sent by the board of directors, which was very different from what they were telling me, and I got a response similar to "tough luck". Later I'm called again and they said to me that suddenly they can do it, but they need my original documents for the work visa and they want me in shenyang in 3 days. That changes again, with them saying that copies are now acceptable, and we can e-mail them to the school. If this was the case the whole time, why call me up demanding that I process my own visa in Tianjin, causing me undue amounts of stress.The whole situation left me very frustrated and the actions of some of the office staff did not do much to improve my mood. They often interrupted me when I spoke, never letting me finish speaking and often hanging up in he middle of the conversation on purpose. The whole ordeal struck me as incredibly unprofessional and makes a very bad impression on me as a coming teacher, knowing that this is the attitude I'm going to have to deal with if I ever have a problem or need from the school office.

I want to throw someone through a wall.

I want to throw someone through a wall.
Asians are small, so this strikes me as a genuine response to such problems.

Tell me: does living in Asia make you feel mighty? I might be moving there within the year, so it might be useful to know how it will affect my self-esteem.

FUCK I had this huge fucking rant about my roommate and his cat but it got lost because I guess I clicked off the text box and then hit backspace so it when back a page. FUCK!

whatever, i'll just bullet point it or something.

• roommate leaves his shit everywhere making it hard to get around
  • roommate thinks i'm the asshole for putting his bike in his room
  • bike would be near impossibly to steal off our large balcony
  • he could also just chain the thing up
  • he brought home a cat without us really talking about it
  • the cat is a monster who bites me all the time
  • if it's not biting me it's shredding my papers
  • if it's not shredding papers it's trying to eat my food as I cook it
  • it crawls all over me while I try to eat
  • I am powerless against it because I won't be cruel to it
  • roommate is hardly ever home to deal with it so he doesn't see problem with cat
  • roommate goes to bed at about 9 but leaves door open so cat can go in and out of his room
  • I'm basically forced to just stay in my room from now until I move out because I just can't think of any way to deal with this all.

Re: Annoying cat
Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy. After a couple spritzes, it should learn to stay away. Or at the very least, to haul ass when you have the bottle in hand.

If you want to be a jerk about it, I guess you could instead keep a Super Soaker around :)

The spray bottle works for only as long as it takes him to lick himself a little bit. Sure, he runs when I show it to him, but it does not last at all.

The thing is, I think that because I'm the one who's home so much more often, I'm the one the cat likes more or something.

I HAVE A THESIS PROPOSAL DUE IN TEN DAYS AND I CAN'T DO IT I CAN'T DO IT I CAN'T DO IT AHHHHHHH!!!!!

*collapses sobbing* I'm never going to get my masters degree..... :cry:

D

darkangel6988

I will rant in here even though my issues aren't as bad as they other rants.......I still have the urge to let it out ....i'll just state that I don't why Blockbuster feels the need to have their movies due back by noon ......What happened to 6pm and why am I not keeping these movies atleast 5 days like you do in the US? No I only get them for 2 days and if I want them for 5 days It would cost about 12 bucks a movie so by the time I'm done renting 3 movies for 5 days I would have blown 36 bucks ....WHAT A RIP OFF?
Returning movies at noon means that once I go to bed by 2 am and wake up at 6 am I have to immediately return them as I will fall back to sleep and then they'd be late and I was informed by the super pro employee that's it's 2.05 late fee per movie per day?!?!?! WHAT the fuck is that shit? 2.05 ? They had to get their 5 cents in their somewhere huh......Wouldn't want blockbuster to go under so we better give them an extra 5 cents to top off the fact that they will add 12% tax on that shit . Geez if they are going to be such dicks and rip you off the least they could do is carry more english movies.........Last time I checked i was in CANADA not freaking FRANCE!

Also Why is it that I have to be woken up at 6 am to take out the trash? Let me just add there are people in this house who go to work at 8 am and pass right by the trash can but yet I have to wake up on tuesdays to take it out? WHERE IS THE SENSE IN THAT SHIT? not to mention if I don't do it by 6am I get a day loads worth of attitude thrown at me!!!!!! I mean the garbage only passes around 11 am......STOP WAKING ME UP TO DO IT ! ILL DO IT BUT SHIT LET ME DO IT WHEN I'M AWAKE AND there is coffee in me........arrrrrghhhhhh..........Oh and while typing this I was just asked to be ready this evening to go run errands?!?!?! what the hell... last time I checked I ran all my damn errands for the week but now I must accompany the weaker beings around me cuz it's too damn hard to come home from work and do it alone ! Fuck me man arghhhhhhh!

ok that's all I got .....Don't feel much better but maybe that's because I'ts 810 am I drank last night and have already been to blockbuster before I could stick damn coffee down my sore ass throat! Thank you for listening?!

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

OMG ARE THESE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR SERIOUSLY PLAYING FREAKING TECHNO MUSIT AT 8:18 AM ...........I'm so going over there.......Im sick and its too damn freaking early for that shit and it goes on freaking daily.

Seriously I'm going to knock on that damn door and tell them to freaking CAN IT !

huh why don't you tell those people tu fuck off?

(i am not talking about the techno. techno at 8.18am is perfectly acceptable)

D

darkangel6988

huh why don't you tell those people tu fuck off?

(i am not talking about the techno. techno at 8.18am is perfectly acceptable)
Yeah been there done that.......I don't need to hear the whinning that comes along with telling that person to fuck off lol ! Its like dealing with a 2 year old which I don't need to be doing yet in life !

And I have nothng wrong with music but I haven't slept much and my head hurts so for today I CARE Lol!....I banged on the wall instead of going over there....to go over there would mean id have to get dressed and put make up on and that's not happening !

C

Chazwozel

Sounds like you need netflicks and to put the trash out the night before!

D

darkangel6988

Lol .....I'm better now I got my family video Montage I ordered for my 4th wedding anniversary in the mail. I ordered it off onetruemedia.com I loved it I would share it on here but dont know how to get the link in here that would make it work. BUt it cheered me up after I cried watching it ofcourse lol !

Okay here is a rather minor rant but I felt the need to rant anyways.

As I mentioned earlier my 40GB PS3 just died a few days ago. Now Sony wanted a $150 to repair it I said no thanks. I figured that I could get the new 120GB PS3 Slim for only $150 more and it would come with a year warranty. Of course that meant I would be a few months without a PS3 while I saved up. Well my brother being the nice guy he is said I could use his Best Buy credit card to buy the system and just pay it off. Since it would be a purchase of over $300 there would be no interest for 6 months. I figured okay I can pay it off in no trouble over 6 months in fact I will probably pay it off in less. So I went to Best Buy and every BB near us is completely sold out of PS3's at the moment. One store said they were expecting a few to come in sometime in the next couple of days. So I called them up a few days later and they had 2 left in stock. But by the time I got off from work and got to the store they were sold out. And they told me they had no idea when the next shipment would even arrive. So I am a bit disappointed but not to upset. I figure well they will get one in shortly enough. So I have been just going about my day when I saw on Joystiq that Capcom is offering 50% off on several PSN games. This week was Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (a game I have been wanting to get for awhile but haven't wanted to drop $15 on) So at first I got excited than it hit me 2 seconds later that my PS3 is still broken and I won;t be able to get one before the sale ends. So that was like a cold slap across the face.

C

Chazwozel

FUCKING VALVE INLET SLEEVE! It took me an hour to jam this orange, plastic fucking thing into the flow channel inlet so I could hook up a new LC column! Now this new column is so heavy that I have to ghetto rig tape slings so the whole fucking thing doesn't break the fucking fused silica tubing (which is like 360 microns in diameter).

Update* Now I find there's air in the fucking thing, so I have to reverse it and blow it all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a good day!

FUCK I had this huge fucking rant about my roommate and his cat but it got lost because I guess I clicked off the text box and then hit backspace so it when back a page. FUCK!
Use Lazarus[/QUOTE]

Or, you know, disable the "backspace=back button" feature
http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/543/Disable-backspace-key-on-Firefox[/QUOTE]
That won't help when websites glitch out and screw up your submission, though. Lazarus has saved me a lot of frustration when Yahoo mail, Facebook, and my work's shitty DSL conspire to fuck up messages.

Use Lazarus[/QUOTE]

Or, you know, disable the "backspace=back button" feature
http://www.tipstrs.com/tip/543/Disable-backspace-key-on-Firefox[/QUOTE]
That won't help when websites glitch out and screw up your submission, though. Lazarus has saved me a lot of frustration when Yahoo mail, Facebook, and my work's shitty DSL conspire to fuck up messages.[/QUOTE]

I vote for Lazarus personally. I know that it has saved me much frustration and probably help keep me a little saner (just a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.