Rant VI: Now Drama Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really batting 1000 so far this year. Can't get ahold of my girlfriend, and she's not returning the 3-4 missed calls of mine over the past couple weeks. No idea what's going on, and she's supposed to be coming down this weekend for a Flogging Molly concert we were going to. I hope I'm just reading too much into this sudden silence.

Can't wait til the novelty of mass emails wear off on my dad.
Never. Parents do not get it. My mom does it, my friend's mom does it, my fiancee's dad does it. Email is just too damn amazing the previous generation to restrain from.[/QUOTE]

I find some of my relatives use it to 'stay in touch' - they don't email me normally, but it 'counts' when they forward something they know I'll find funny.

I don't mind, but then I get only a few pieces a month.

I'm kinda super bummed out right now. I feel like I'm the only person who applied who ISN'T getting an interview for the co op placement I wanted.
Sonuvabitch.

Well fuck. I need to talk to my academic advisor ASAP. I thought I had taken history I at community college ( a few years ago), so this semester I signed up for history II. NOPE! I'm taking history II, transfering a different history II credit over and still need to take history I even though registration is closed.

I wonder if I can just try to test out of it? I mean, I could probably cram and make a C on some standardized history test. Is that the kind of thing they even offer a test for? Fuck.

And the worst part is that it's not like I got screwed over. If I had just paid any amount of attention when registering and shit I wouldn't be in this predicament.

I guess on the plus side I don't really have to worry about that test tomorrow.

CLEP tests are your friends. Ask your advisor or whatnot about them. I'm pretty sure they run often. I had to use one for some subject (I am blanking on which) my last semester of college, and I passed it without cracking a book.

Cajungal

Staff member
I willz! I'm skipping science class today, we're just reviewing for Thursday and I'm prepared for that exam. I'm gonna drink mah water and juice, eat mah soup, and probably buy some of that throat-numbing stuff JUST in case I'm not in great shape come the weekend.

The god damn light in my office just shocked me. Half my lights don't work, so I decided to try and change the bulb myself. They are those damn U shaped florescent bulbs that you have to push up into the socket. After I replaced the bulb that looked burned out it still didn't work, so I decided to try and push it a little harder in case it wasn't all the way seated. I pushed on the metal ring they have at the base, and that fucker shocked the hell out of me. No, I didn't turn the lights off first. It takes 10 freakin minutes for my lights to turn back on. I just want a normal amount of light in here.

Going through a really bad bout with depression. I have this stupid, short essay (only 1,000 words) due for my Virginia Woolf class but I'm finding I'm having the same problems with Woolf that I did with James Joyce (specifically Ulysses). I try reading it and can't understand a lot of it, even on just a surface level. How the hell am I supposed to do an essay on something I can't even read?

I've honestly given consideration to just dropping out, altogether. I've realized that as much as I love reading and literature, I hate scholarly literature like Joyce and Woolf. The kind of literature that is so dense and so brilliant that you can't just read it on a surface level.

I'm supposed to be going to Florida for a week coming this Saturday and I want to just cancel it. My parents are staying down there for the next few months and I'm in such a depressed mood that I just want to cancel my flight. But Mom said I can't.

Fuck, I don't even know what to do anymore.

Going through a really bad bout with depression. I have this stupid, short essay (only 1,000 words) due for my Virginia Woolf class but I'm finding I'm having the same problems with Woolf that I did with James Joyce (specifically Ulysses). I try reading it and can't understand a lot of it, even on just a surface level. How the hell am I supposed to do an essay on something I can't even read?

I've honestly given consideration to just dropping out, altogether. I've realized that as much as I love reading and literature, I hate scholarly literature like Joyce and Woolf. The kind of literature that is so dense and so brilliant that you can't just read it on a surface level.

I'm supposed to be going to Florida for a week coming this Saturday and I want to just cancel it. My parents are staying down there for the next few months and I'm in such a depressed mood that I just want to cancel my flight. But Mom said I can't.

I guarantee you the weather in Florida will cheer you up more than snowy Canada. A change of scenery is good for people nearly universally!

I guarantee you the weather in Florida will cheer you up more than snowy Canada. A change of scenery is good for people nearly universally![/QUOTE]

I have never agreed more with anyone on this board. Go to Florida. Have fun.

Dave

Staff member
The biggest part of going to college is not necessarily what you learn but to show that you can. Every day in my last few semesters I wanted to do nothing more than curl up and quit but then I thought about all the people who had supported me while I went to college. There were times when I kept going because of sheer stubbornness, but other times were because I didn't want to let them down.

You have a great support network both in your personal life and here. You need to vent? Vent! Get it all out! Then shake it off and go back to it.

Go to Florida. Have fun. Come back refreshed and kick some ass!

Planning cross-country moves is a pain in the ass, made moreso by those companies that want you to put your info in for a quote...then you have to call, and they take ten minutes to do the free "instant" quote. The entire time talking about how cheap they are compared to UHaul, how much better they are, how they take care of everything and don't charge a ton...

...then quoting me $4,000 for the space to move my electronic drum set (80 pounds), a dozen textbooks, some pots/pans/bakeware (my girlfriend doesn't want to get rid of these), a bunch of books, my 20" TV, a dining table, and my Xbox 360. Fucking retards; thanks for wasting fifteen minutes of my time.

throw the dining table away, put the rest in a car, drive to your new location, and buy a new dining tale. It'd be cheaper ;)
This man has wisdom.[/QUOTE]

Oh, right, the other part of my rant: that was my original plan (the dining table's optional anyways; the girlfriend kind of wants to bring it, but no big deal), but an engine rod in my car went out and it'll cost more than the car's worth to fix it.

My rant about the moving guys was more along the lines of "fucking annoying" rather than "they're holding me hostage with such a high price". I'll probably just end up packing down my drums and shipping it, and figuring out what to do with the rest of it (I do NOT want to sell my drums here and rebuy a similar set; I got about $600 off on a new set, and wouldn't be able to match that again).

Planning cross-country moves is a pain in the ass, made moreso by those companies that want you to put your info in for a quote...then you have to call, and they take ten minutes to do the free "instant" quote. The entire time talking about how cheap they are compared to UHaul, how much better they are, how they take care of everything and don't charge a ton...

...then quoting me $4,000 for the space to move my electronic drum set (80 pounds), a dozen textbooks, some pots/pans/bakeware (my girlfriend doesn't want to get rid of these), a bunch of books, my 20" TV, a dining table, and my Xbox 360. Fucking retards; thanks for wasting fifteen minutes of my time.
Heh, I got a railcar to send me 30 tons of material for that half that. Donate the books, TV, dining room set and if your girlfriend isn't watching the bakeware to charity. Get a receipt and apply it against your taxes. Buy new when you get there.

Heh, I got a railcar to send me 30 tons of material for that half that. Donate the books, TV, dining room set and if your girlfriend isn't watching the bakeware to charity. Get a receipt and apply it against your taxes. Buy new when you get there.[/QUOTE]

Alternatively, rent a railcar.

Why would you take a surge protector from a computer people use? :angry:

It's little shit like that that pisses me off.

This day can't end soon enough.

It sucks when you think a person sucks, but you hold out hope anyways. But then, when you discover that they suck even more than you anticipated, not only was holding out hope a waste, it was a waste to hold him to such a high standard of suck anyways.

Almost a month with no contact from my gf, not responding to phone calls or even facebook messages. She's supposed to be coming down this weekend, but I have no idea when/if she is now. I mean I'm trying to stay positive here, but what am I supposed to think?

Can we stop locking threads before I have a chance to make an immature, snarky comment in them?
I was actually typing up a long, helpful comment, but it was locked anyway by that Espy thing.

My Rant!:

God fucking dammit!

Work canceled again. I worked one fucking day this week! You know, getting Monday off at random was fun. It had stopped snowing on Saturday, and I thought it was kind of silly, but I figured there was good reason for it. It didn't hurt things too much.

But then Wednesday goes, and so does my trip, and Thursday now, and so I'll probably be going in this weekend, not to mention Julie works for the federal government, so this is pretty much cutting her paycheck in half.

And the worst thing is, I can't really be pissed about them doing it, because as tame as it looks to me, I know this area is woefully unprepared for this. I know elsewhere the roads are icy and the wind is hazardous. I woke up half an hour ago and I've already heard multiple ambulances and firetrucks going to help people who did have to go out today. It just pisses me off that we were finally starting to get ahead financially and then this week drags it all down.

Minor rant:

I wish people would stop overusing/misusing the following words:

- awesome
- random
- drama

Status
Not open for further replies.