Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Minor rant:

I wish people would stop overusing/misusing the following words:

- awesome
- random
- drama
I am guilty of all of these. Awesome is one of my favorite words and drama seems to be something that I can't avoid.

I'll try and haul back on my use of these, though.

Time to hit a thesaurus.

Nothing personal Dave. I just hear people use/over use words a lot and it annoys me that they're becoming boilerplate as a result.

Dave

Staff member
Nothing personal Dave. I just hear people use/over use words a lot and it annoys me that they're becoming boilerplate as a result.
I don't take anything personally. I know I use them a lot. It's part of my charm.

Dave

Staff member
I hope Henry Ford is burning in hell. Anyone who invents cars and all the shit that goes along with them deserves it. Fucking cars.

I

Iaculus

I hope Henry Ford is burning in hell. Anyone who invents cars and all the shit that goes along with them deserves it. Fucking cars.
Dude was a Nazi sympathiser. I think that's a given.

Minor rant:

I wish people would stop overusing/misusing the following words:

- awesome
- random
- drama
I had a whole conversation the other day just on the softening of the word awesome. My friend pointed out, though, that if a word looses it's meaning somehow, a new word will replace it if the word is important enough to the language. So awesome has stopped meaning extremely inspiring or causing great apprehension and/or fear and started meaning good or cool. But awe-inspiring has rushed in to fill the gap.

Interestingly 'awful' used to have the same connotation as 'awesome', as in an event that would 'fill one with awe', but over time became associated with negative things that awful now means bad.

The real problem with 'awesome' being overused is that people don't understand that when I say I'm awesome, I don't mean I'm pretty good: I mean they should literally be quaking with holy fear in my presence. It's mildly annoying that they don't.

C

Chazwozel

Oh sweet Jesus,

I just got into a theology debate with my one idiot friend this past week over that retarded creationist museum in Kentucky. Long story short: He's a Godboy and can pull facts out of his ass because that's what they do (think Kirk Cameron). I can't possibly refute everything he throws at me because I'm not a physicist, cosmologist, geologist, paleontologist, anthropologist, astrophysicist, or hell even a taxonomist. I'm a biochemist/microbiologist which to him is the old, macro vs. micro evolution argument base, which I want to slap him upside the head for.

I hate getting into these debates with people because in the end you're not going to win anyone over. I just wanted to explain to him the purpose of that museum is not to learn, but it's whole existence is a vindictive response to evolution, not creationism, being taught in public school science classrooms. It's a step backward because it's a place promoting fallacy disguised as fact. He's planning a trip to teach his kids the 'truth' this summer. I pity his kids.

Dave

Staff member
$1,063.30 later and I have my car back from the shop. Had to borrow the money from my parents at the age of 44. I'll pay them back once I get my taxes but how fucked up is that?

Oh sweet Jesus,

I just got into a theology debate with my one idiot friend this past week over that retarded creationist museum in Kentucky. Long story short: He's a Godboy and can pull facts out of his ass because that's what they do (think Kirk Cameron). I can't possibly refute everything he throws at me because I'm not a physicist, cosmologist, geologist, paleontologist, anthropologist, astrophysicist, or hell even a taxonomist. I'm a biochemist/microbiologist which to him is the old, macro vs. micro evolution argument base, which I want to slap him upside the head for.

I hate getting into these debates with people because in the end you're not going to win anyone over. I just wanted to explain to him the purpose of that museum is not to learn, but it's whole existence is a vindictive response to evolution, not creationism, being taught in public school science classrooms. It's a step backward because it's a place promoting fallacy disguised as fact. He's planning a trip to teach his kids the 'truth' this summer. I pity his kids.
Those people make my life too difficult. They spend hours memorizing arguments from a bazillion different angles, and then throw them at you rapid fire in such a way that - even if you COULD answer them all, you'd never have time to address half of the points.

I've stopped talking to them altogether. I've got better things to do with my life than read the most popular outdated questions about and arguments against science itself, simply to find the answers for someone too ignorant to listen anyways.

I got the day off work today! Because I have puked up everything I've tried eating so far. It is also snowing now, but I won't get a chance to enjoy it. Being sick sucks.

Snow I can deal with. It's the dozens of people who can't drive NORMALLY who are now attempting to drive the same way on sleet-covered roads. We just had a car flip over and knock a hole in the Army Air Field's perimeter fence.

AGAIN....

Also, no snow yet. Just sleet. Potential is there, tho.

The snow all around is pretty cool and makes me happy, for a while. It certainly doesn't offset the fact that I won't be with her till August =_=

Fuck you snooooooooooooooooooooooow.
I'm going to say it again.

FUCK.

YOU.

SNOW.

Totally ruined my plans this weekend. Because of ice and snow on the freeways in GA my girlfriend can't drive down, and because of reported snowstorms coming into KY and TN on Sunday she wouldn't have been able to get home in time for work Monday. So now instead of going to a Flogging Molly concert tonight and spending today and tomorrow with her I'm probably going to sit here alone while my roommate and his gf enjoy the V-Day weekend together.

Man my stupid PS3 just died on me. I was just watching a Blu-ray movie and it just froze and now it won't read and discs at all. From what I can figure out the Blu-ray drive died. Since it is out of warranty I am left with the option of paying Sony $150 to repair it or buying a new one. :(

I am leaning towards the buying a new one since it's only an extra $150 for a brand new slim model but in any case it will take me at least a few months to get enough money to do anything about it. :(

I hate my damn roommate. I am close to beating the shit out of him.

I'm probably going to come off as xenophobe, but I don't fucking care at this point. My asshat of a roommate is from kazakhstan - he's a mustache away from being Borat; at least in annoyance.

He doesn't have a car, but I don't mind giving him a lift to the store every now and again. However, he'll ask for a lift the day before, and the next day, he doesn't roll in until close to midnight. He then seems all surprised that I am headed for bed.

He leaves dishes and food out all the damn time. He leaves milk, eggs, raw meat, anything out all day. He cooked chicken soup one morning and left it sitting on the stove the entire day. He brought a bowl to my room at 11pm for me to try. I told him no thanks, I'm a Microbiologist, and what you're asking me to do is ridiculous. I said it more polite than that, but seriously.

He must have turrets because he is constantly clapping his hands loudly or will just burst into some sort of Kazakh/Russian shout. He repeats the same lyrics from two songs over and over and over. "Wild horses couldn't drag me away" and "It finally happened - I'm slightly mad."

He slams every damn door in the house every damn time. Bedroom door, bathroom door, refrigerator, cabiners, etc.

I came home tonight. Made dinner. Ate. Chatted with him about Latin phrases, and Condolezza Rice (odd topics, I know), and around 11, I tell him good night, and that I have to get up early in the morning. 10 minutes later, he knocks on my door and asks if I will take him to Whataburger!!! I repeat that I have to get up, and that I am tired. A few minutes later he's in the bathroom yelling "Wild Horses!!" I jump out of bed and open my door and scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!! I AM TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!" Now, my adrenaline is going and I am pissed beyond belief. What a fucking douche. I am going to kick him out as soon as possible. FUCK.

I just want some peace and fucking quiet. Man, I need a place to myself!!

M

makare

Man my stupid PS3 just died on me. I was just watching a Blu-ray movie and it just froze and now it won't read and discs at all. From what I can figure out the Blu-ray drive died. Since it is out of warranty I am left with the option of paying Sony $150 to repair it or buying a new one. :(

I am leaning towards the buying a new one since it's only and extra $150 for a brand new slim model but in any case it will take me at least a few months to get enough money to do anything about it. :(
Man that really sucks! I would freak out if that happened to me. I love my systems like my family... family I paid an exorbitant amount for....

C

Chazwozel

I hate my damn roommate. I am close to beating the shit out of him.

I'm probably going to come off as xenophobe, but I don't fucking care at this point. My asshat of a roommate is from kazakhstan - he's a mustache away from being Borat; at least in annoyance.

He doesn't have a car, but I don't mind giving him a lift to the store every now and again. However, he'll ask for a lift the day before, and the next day, he doesn't roll in until close to midnight. He then seems all surprised that I am headed for bed.

He leaves dishes and food out all the damn time. He leaves milk, eggs, raw meat, anything out all day. He cooked chicken soup one morning and left it sitting on the stove the entire day. He brought a bowl to my room at 11pm for me to try. I told him no thanks, I'm a Microbiologist, and what you're asking me to do is ridiculous. I said it more polite than that, but seriously.

He must have turrets because he is constantly clapping his hands loudly or will just burst into some sort of Kazakh/Russian shout. He repeats the same lyrics from two songs over and over and over. "Wild horses couldn't drag me away" and "It finally happened - I'm slightly mad."

He slams every damn door in the house every damn time. Bedroom door, bathroom door, refrigerator, cabiners, etc.

I came home tonight. Made dinner. Ate. Chatted with him about Latin phrases, and Condolezza Rice (odd topics, I know), and around 11, I tell him good night, and that I have to get up early in the morning. 10 minutes later, he knocks on my door and asks if I will take him to Whataburger!!! I repeat that I have to get up, and that I am tired. A few minutes later he's in the bathroom yelling "Wild Horses!!" I jump out of bed and open my door and scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!! I AM TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!" Now, my adrenaline is going and I am pissed beyond belief. What a fucking douche. I am going to kick him out as soon as possible. FUCK.

I just want some peace and fucking quiet. Man, I need a place to myself!!
Buy him prostitute and bottle of vodka and he be happy time guy.

M

makare

im so glad someone else made the joke because refraining from it was really difficult >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.