Random Video Game Crap

I just realized I've only purchased two games on the Epic Game Store: Untitled Goose Game and Maneater.

So clearly, the Epic Game Store is THE place to go when you need a game where you're a non-human wrecking the lives of humans.

Ha ha ha, the only game I bought on EGS was Mechwarrior 5 which was such a disappointment.

I think because of the weekly free games and the Christmas games I have dozens and dozens of games on that account.

Ha ha ha, the only game I bought on EGS was Mechwarrior 5 which was such a disappointment.

I think because of the weekly free games and the Christmas games I have dozens and dozens of games on that account.
Heh, same. I have TONS of games on there that I got for FREE. Though some of them are doubles since I also own them on Steam.

But of the two games I've PURCHASED, only Untitled Goose Game and Maneater. And I'll probably buy both of them again on Steam at some point in the future. When they're on a very, very good discount. Maneater's not on Steam yet, but I'm sure it will be.

Look at the nominees in the Steam game of the year awards.

The Avengers is up for Outstanding Visual Style..

Fucking what? The game is ugly. The art direction is dogshit. The Avengers all look like dook. Their alternate costumes? All dook. The game is dook.

Outstanding Visual Style.

Get fucked.

My issue with Cyberpunk isn't even the bugs, it's this stuff. It just feels they got distracted trying to make it look nice they kind of forgot to make it feel like a living breathing world.

Hell, GTA 4 came out in 2008, and it plays as an open world leagues more then Cyberpunk does in 2020.

This rules. His criticisms are amazing.

Honestly.....I'm kinda glad Cyberpunk is a fucking mess like this. It's honestly more interesting than if it was flawless technically but still was the Neonliberal nightmare it is.

How often does Steam have these big sales? Although I have have my account for ages, I really have only used it recently.
Christmas, Halloween, Easter, summer holiday... I think those are the biggest four? Plus a bunch of smaller sales every weekend, and something in between with smaller or not - international holidays.

figmentPez

Staff member
Thanks! There are a few games I would like to grab at 60-70% off :)
If you know what you want, then Is There Any Deal is a good site to check out. It can tell you a game's historical prices on Steam, and on other sites, so you can know how often they go on sale, and for how much. There are a number of reputable sites that sell Steam keys (though do check to make sure what type of key you're buying, for example Far Cry games tend to only be sold with Ubisoft Connect keys). Fanatical is probably the best, but Humble Store, Greenman Gaming, Gamer's Gate, and others are also trustworthy.

The main advantage of a third-party key seller is price. The biggest disadvantage is not being able to take advantage of Steam's return policy.

EDIT: Depending on the game, it may go on sale at least once a month at various storefronts (e.g. Ori and the Blind Forest), or it may only go on sale a couple of times a year (okay, I can't actually find a good example, but I'm pretty sure they exist.)

Also, Steam has week-long sales starting every Monday (mostly games from small developers or older titles), weekend deals, mid-week deals, and daily deals, all of which can have discounts equal to the major event sales. There's always something discounted on Steam.

Last edited:
You are a mind reader! I just got Ori and the Blind Forest :D

Unrelated - has anyone ever bought a Nintendo game key via Amazon? I got an Amazon card for Christmas and was thinking of pre-ordering MH: Rise.