Random Video Game Crap

Hell yes. The first time I got multiball on Addams Family, I was worried the machine might actually explode.
For those who didn't actually play it:
The player has just sunk the ball to start multiball.
Regardless of what else is going on, the field suddenly goes dark, and then this happens.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
For those who didn't actually play it:
The player has just sunk the ball to start multiball.
Regardless of what else is going on, the field suddenly goes dark, and then this happens.

--Patrick
Wow, somebody not just uploaded a video of that, they made a youtube account specifically to only upload that one video. Wonder why. Probably to show his internet friends how awesome that pinball game is, same as you.

I've never played that Addams Family pinball, so I don't know if it's better, but the best pinball machine I remember ever playing was the original early 90s Simpsons pinball. It was in the comic shop that was 5 minutes from my house when I was in junior high. I loved this God damn machine.

Ugh... this reminds me that I need to repair and sell my grandfather's old pinball machine. Thing is so old that it runs on nickles, has inverted flippers, and your score is measured by lights on the backboard and not an accurate count. Been out in my garage for 16 years because the power cord exploded one day while playing it. It's probably full of god knows what now.

I'll probably never play it, because Killer Instinct sucks, but man, the soundtrack is fucking good stuff.

This medley goes Orchid, main theme, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Sabrewulf, Spinal teaser[DOUBLEPOST=1385015985,1385015832][/DOUBLEPOST]

Different main theme, Jago, Character Select.

Here's a test. It's the first song Frank tried to imbed, from soundcloud.

Weird, forum software must be messed up. It's not just a banner, it's the actual website, fully interactable, but in banner shape.

I loooooooooved KI on arcades and N64, but I hate that it's a f2p and pay to unlock shitstack now. Sabrewulf was my jam.
Actually, now that it's getting closer, it's going to be cheaper than a full retail game to get all the characters in one pack and the quick look Giant Bomb posted makes it look great. However, it's an Xbone exclusive so, I'll never touch it.

I don't use adblock on Halforums, and I also don't disable add-ons. Adblock is the only active add-on that I use with FF.

Annnd looks like I'm done with GameFly.

Last week I sent the game I had back in. I stripped my GameQ down to 2 XB1 games, Forza & DR3.

I've been with GF for 5 1/2 years now. Started with the 2-at-a-time plan. Cut back to 1 a couple of years in because I was only ever concentrating one 1 game at a time. I usually get a game, keep it for 3 months (or more), & pay the "Keep It" price before my $5 GF bucks expire.

As I said before, in all the time I've been with GF, I've never gotten a game that wasn't "Available Now". High, Medium, Low... nuh-uh. Might as well say unavailable. So like I said, stripped my Q down to 2 XB1 titles, annnnd today both flipped from "Available soon" to "Low". Translation, "never gonna get it, never gonna get it, neeeever gonna get it, never gonna get it...". Keep in mind I have NO game out right now, so I'm still paying for... nothing. So they have until early nect week to send me something or I'm out.

So the ONLY thing I can figure that matters regarding queue priority is that the people on the 3 disc plans get first dibs. Fuck em.

I dunno, racing games are iffy with me anyways, so I may just see if I can find one at a redbox.

So I heard this piece of music for the next Castlevania Lords of Shadow game and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck what a great building piece. It got me pumped so hard.

Not sure how I missed it, with the comments above. But if you love pinball, there's a great app / game for some classic pinball games.

Pinball Arcade

I believe it's now available for most platforms (iOS, Android, PC/Mac via Steam, PlayStation systems). They have recreated some of the great pinball machines of the last 30 years & done a fantastic job of it. I love pinball, but since my local arcade closed down about 10 years ago, finding real pinballs are few & far between. Nevermind what a crapshoot the condition of the machine is.

They started out with some of the good ones - Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Theatre of Magic - & they have released about 2 tables a month since. Lots of good ones. Twilight Zone (perhaps my all time favorite), Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Funhouse, Star Trek: TNG, Attack from Mars, Terminator 2. They're working on more. They have to secure the licenses for these games, which for some is harder than others. The Star Trek & T2 games they had to run a kickstarter campaign to buy the rights for.

Tables themselves aren't cheap, but not super expensive (usually $5 for a 2-table pack, entire "seasons" of 20ish tables for $30). They also have "pro-modes" available on some tables, which gives you operator access to the coin-door menus so you can set up the table how you want it.

I myself prefer to play it on my iPad. The portrait orientation view available on a tablet allows a view of the entire playfield at once, without the irritating scrolling you'll find in most pinball simulators. I also bought the app for my 360, but due to publisher restrictions & problems with microsoft, there hasn't been any support for the game past the first couple of table packs.

I kind of want Scribblenauts Unmasked, but I also know that by this time next year there should be another Scribblenauts game out, and Unmasked will sink down to $10.

Maybe it's because I grew up on it and saw/heard arguments as early as Nintendo vs. Sega, but I'm really sick of comment sections filled with arguments about which is better, Xbox or Playstation (or even PC). By now, this is all I hear:

My system is better than your system!
No, my system is better than your system!
My system can do this!
Yeah well, my system can do this!
MY system can play these games. Yours can't!
I don't wanna play those games. I wanna play THESE games that MY system has and yours doesn't!
My system has the best graphics.
No, MY system has the best graphics!
My system could beat up your system!
Nuh uh!
Yuh huh!
Nuh uh!
Yuh huh!

Rinse, lather, repeat.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe it's because I grew up on it and saw/heard arguments as early as Nintendo vs. Sega, but I'm really sick of comment sections filled with arguments about which is better, Xbox or Playstation (or even PC). By now, this is all I hear:

My system is better than your system!
No, my system is better than your system!
My system can do this!
Yeah well, my system can do this!
MY system can play these games. Yours can't!
I don't wanna play those games. I wanna play THESE games that MY system has and yours doesn't!
My system has the best graphics.
No, MY system has the best graphics!
My system could beat up your system!
Nuh uh!
Yuh huh!
Nuh uh!
Yuh huh!

Rinse, lather, repeat.

This, yes?

Nintendo vs Sega. Those were the good days. Two awesome system slugging it out.

Then Sega made the CD, 32X, Saturn ... oh Sega, you poor misguided fools. Wait, no, fuck that, I saved up for a fucking 32X and got lectured by my parents about wasting money, and they were right! That was the last frivolous lecture before the "it's not your fault" pre-divorce lectures. Thanks a lot, Sega.

Nintendo vs Sega. Those were the good days. Two awesome system slugging it out.

Then Sega made the CD, 32X, Saturn ... oh Sega, you poor misguided fools. Wait, no, fuck that, I saved up for a fucking 32X and got lectured by my parents about wasting money, and they were right! That was the last frivolous lecture before the "it's not your fault" pre-divorce lectures. Thanks a lot, Sega.

I sold my Sega Genesis to buy a Virtual Boy. So, just think, it could have been worse.

I sold my Sega Genesis to buy a Virtual Boy. So, just think, it could have been worse.
I sold my Sega Genesis, 32X, all the Sonic and other games I had ... had enough to buy Legend of Mana for PS1.

... who am I kidding? You got it worse. At least I had pretty music and graphics. You got a red box of optic death.

I sold my Sega Genesis, 32X, all the Sonic and other games I had ... had enough to buy Legend of Mana for PS1.

... who am I kidding? You got it worse. At least I had pretty music and graphics. You got a red box of optic death.
You know... I did get glasses soon after...

I chose to get a Saturn over a Playstation.

I got to play Fighters Megamix on my Saturn, so no regrets at all.

Even though I wasn't a fan of the game itself, Chrono Cross did have an awesome soundtrack. In particular, its opening theme: