Random Video Game Crap

Hotter than Tifa? Isn't that some kind of FF sacrilege/blasphemy? Sure, maybe the later Advent-Children-Emo-look tifa... but it's hard to beat the shorts, tank top and suspenders Tifa. She's got huuuuuuge... value to the party as a damage dealer.
I've always liked Rinoa best because she feels the most "real". Tifa's, ah, damage is nice, but I simply prefer Rinoa.

Ha ha, one of my buddies in high school was dating a girl that was a dead ringer for a real life Quistis. When they broke up he was lonely and bored so I lent him my copy of FF8 without really thinking too much about it. The game fucking crushed him and he couldn't bear to play it.

It was fucking hilarious hearing him cry over the phone because a video game character broke his heart. First loves are harsh.

Ha ha, one of my buddies in high school was dating a girl that was a dead ringer for a real life Quistis. When they broke up he was lonely and bored so I lent him my copy of FF8 without really thinking too much about it. The game fucking crushed him and he couldn't bear to play it.

It was fucking hilarious hearing him cry over the phone because a video game character broke his heart. First loves are harsh.
Ahh, Quistis...

I felt FF8's Triple Triad was a time saver, but not necessarily required for the best equipment and junctions. Modding cards could get you the magic and crafting components faster, but you could still farm enemies and draw the magic manually, generally speaking.

Plus Rinoa is hot. Hotter than Tifa, hotter than Garnet, hotter than Yuna and Lulu and Rikku.
I thought Rinoa looked like most of the characters in FF8--a blurry blob of pixels. Even back when it came out, I felt it was too early for Square to be trying realistically-proportioned characters.

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought Rinoa looked like most of the characters in FF8--a blurry blob of pixels. Even back when it came out, I felt it was too early for Square to be trying realistically-proportioned characters.
Oh yeah, we're talking entirely the CGI FMV cutscenes here. The actual gameplay models in FF8 all look like somebody in the wooden fence materials warehouse accidentally dropped a pallet of wooden slats and tried to hide it by covering the pile up with a leather jacket.

It was still better than FF7: Lego Edition
Honestly I'd prefer FF7's models both in and out of combat over FF8's. The tech just wasn't there to make them look good. Textures looked stretched and weird while the bodies were stiff and rather low-poly. Personally I think FF9 managed the best looking characters because the style worked so well with the technology limitations.

... yep, that's accurate. We've been tainted by Dissidia and Advent Children's portrayals of the world and characters that I don't even stop to think how blocky it used to be.

I had to tear off my Devil Survivor 3DS skin to send the thing in to Nintendo, so I had to make a new one and decided on a Zelda theme this time:

So I tend to put on Game Grumps as background noise while I play 3DS or browse the internet, as you generally don't need to watch Let's Plays when there's running commentary.

However, they've started Stick of Truth on Steam Train (the PC Let's Play show they have) and within 5-6 minutes I had to turn it off. Outside of the fact that talking over this game will ruin most of the fun, one of the guys (Ross) spoils multiple jokes within the first half of the video.

GasBandit

Staff member
So I tend to put on Game Grumps as background noise while I play 3DS or browse the internet, as you generally don't need to watch Let's Plays when there's running commentary.

However, they've started Stick of Truth on Steam Train (the PC Let's Play show they have) and within 5-6 minutes I had to turn it off. Outside of the fact that talking over this game will ruin most of the fun, one of the guys (Ross) spoils multiple jokes within the first half of the video.
Goddamnit, Ross.

I just read this tweet:

Combine the cartoon antics of South Park with espionage RPG elements of Alpha Protocol and I think Obsidian is primed for an Archer game.

and finally

This needs to happen.

This pissing match between Angry Joe and some IGN guy is pretty ridiculous. They both come off as fucking idiots.