Random Video Game Crap

Not sure where else to post this, so ... I got my gelaskins for my 3DS XL finally! I designed it after Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor:

Yeah I see these round-the-store line ups for consoles and wonder what they're going to do after they finish all two-three games worth playing.

Though for PS4 apparently the only things worth playing are pulled from PSN, as Knack is getting nothing but horrible, horrible reviews.

It doesn't even mention the undoubtedly boatload of hardware issues both consoles are going to be saddled with until they do their first or second hardware revisions.

It doesn't even mention the undoubtedly boatload of hardware issues both consoles are going to be saddled with until they do their first or second hardware revisions.
I'm basically waiting until they do the first BIG revision of each console. I haven't had a single issue with my slimline 360 in the 3-4 years I've had it.

The similar SNES redesign was worse though, I know of the two I've used, they both work way less reliably than SNES original.

The NES one, a billion times better than vanilla NES.

When I finally get my career rolling and get my student loans paid off, I'm planning on becoming a classic game console collector.

I still have a sizable console collection, but I'm not passionate about it at all anymore. Now they all just sit in big rubber tubs in my storage room.

I still play my old games, but a lot of them look terrible now or I simply don't have hook-ups for because of the changing input formats. I'm going to need to look at one of those retro consoles and see if they have proper inputs.

But yes... I enjoy old games like old movies. I'll probably keep my collection as long as I have space for it.

If I ever do purge my old gaming shit, I'll be damned before I get rid of my 3DO stuff. I am still one of the biggest 3DO fanboys to walk this terrible lonely road all 3DO fans walk.

I've still got all my old consoles and games. Still on the fence about selling it all off, as some of it's just not worth much while other games are.

I've only sold a game system once, and it was a traumatic experience.

In my youth, I decided to sell my Sega Genesis and all of my games for it (including the sonic and knuckles combo cart) so that I could buy... get ready for it... a Nintendo Virtual Boy.

Yep... that happened.

I've still got all my old consoles and games. Still on the fence about selling it all off, as some of it's just not worth much while other games are.
This is my biggest thing. Most of my games are completely worthless, but the few I have that aren't would ether be too expensive to replace or simply no one in their right minds to part with. So if I sell them off I would never be able to replace them if I have more space later on.

In his defense, to a young person in the 90s, the idea of having your own 3D virtual reality machine can be too attractive to pass up.

In his offense, wasn't the Virtual Boy pretty much universally panned once it came out? Pretty much everyone said "Kinda cool, but it sucks." Shoulda read a review or two first!

I still have my Sega Genesis and SNES in a box. I'll never get rid of them

I do however play these on emulators regularly though. Don't feel like plugging them in, LOLz.

Wrapping up my 20+ game of Buck Rodgers, playing NHL 94 (with new roster mod) on the Genesis and playing Dragon Quest 3 and Earthbound for the 10+ time.

Sadly, I took all my vacay in December so I won't play as much as usual with the last 2 weeks of December being emulation time with 90% of the office closed.

Late to the party, but I am still a bit sad that Nintendo took all the stuff I used to enjoy using on the Wii - the news channel, the Mii stuff and such - because they wanted to focus more on the Wii U.

It's somewhat ironic - I got the Wii because it was supposed to be the "gaming console of the future" or some such nonsense, and now it's... well, I don't know. It's got that rep of being the redheaded stepchild of gaming consoles.

And yet, I still like it - even though I don't play it much.

I sank so many quarters into that thing. I thought the nadir ZENITH of pinball was reached with Pinbot... but I was wrong. No machine before or since compares to the Addams Family pinball game.
I don't know... Twilight Zone is pretty fucking bad ass. It also had that special multiball made out of rubber that would bounce around more than other ones.

I'm sorry. There are so many options, so much to do on that table. Plus when you start multiball, the table looked and sounded like you were getting ready to blast off into orbit.
Like @GasBandit says, I have yet to see a table before or since that tops it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm sorry. There are so many options, so much to do on that table. Plus when you start multiball, the table looked and sounded like you were getting ready to blast off into orbit.
Like @GasBandit says, I have yet to see a table before or since that tops it.

--Patrick
Hell yes. The first time I got multiball on Addams Family, I was worried the machine might actually explode.