Random Video Game Crap

A bunch of journalists create their own communities - Cities Bylines
Study to become the best allium chef in the world - Master of Onion
A pitcher knows the bats have been booby-trapped but must finish the game - Keep Balking and Nobody Explodes

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
The latest in the Unusual Troubles video series is up.. and.. yeah, it's still... yeah.. a thing. That defies description.

"Back during [...] JRPGs were the top dogs in video game storytelling"
Yeah, you've already lost me there.

"It's not that I particularly despise turn based combat, but...."
Yeah, if you're not a fan, this is the wrong genre/game for you

I mean, I haven't played the game, so what do I know, but...Not really a useful review to me.

Well, I don't know Dunkey. And I didn't get a "we're taking the piss for comedy" vibe from it, more a "I'm being intentionally obtuse and negative because that's what's needed for a review these days" vibe.
As a comedy, ok than. Still not the greatest video I've seen today, to say the least, but I suppose it can work in an oeuvre.

How can you not know Dunkey? I personally have posted dozens of his videos right here :p
I really, really rarely watch any video posted on here. A trailer, maaaybe. A gameplay footage video of yours, if it's short. Even the HF Academy videos I didn't all watch. Most of my surfing is done in environments where I can't turn on the sound - I watched this one with subtitles, too, btw. I haven't even watched all the videos in the NSFW part!

It's not supposed to be. It's a Dunkey video; he's taking the piss out of it for comedy.
That's not true. This wasn't posted as the dunkey character, but as an actual review. He does those from time to time. And as someone who has played Octopath Traveler, I would say his review is spot on. If you don't like that style of game, this game does nothing new to change your mind, and that is valuable information for people who share that taste.

So Shadow of War with DLC clocks in at over 100 gigs. I literally don't have space on my SSHDD to install the high res texture pack. At least it claims I don't have enough. The game doesn't look that good Monolith, what the figgity fuck?

So Shadow of War with DLC clocks in at over 100 gigs. I literally don't have space on my SSHDD to install the high res texture pack. At least it claims I don't have enough. The game doesn't look that good Monolith, what the figgity fuck?
It's all those uncompressed 4k textures that don't really serve to improve a whole lot but you gotta be able to put 4k on the box because analytics say it will sell more then.

It's all those uncompressed 4k textures that don't really serve to improve a whole lot but you gotta be able to put 4k on the box because analytics say it will sell more then.
But that's the thing. I don't have the high res texture pack or the 4K video pack. This is just the base game and DLC. It's like 107 gigs. It's 15 more for the high res texture pack. 15 I just don't have.

UPDATE.

Apparently it decided I do have enough hard drive space and downloaded the high res textures.

Game now clocks in at 128 gigs.

I think it's bigger than Quantum Break with all HD video now.

Fucking INSANELY big hard drive hog. Unnecessary.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't think that was Nep, it was just a reference/callback to that particular video involving her.

Also, what happened with Nep getting kicked out? I'm out of the loop there.
They didn't go into details. It was just stated in a "whatever happened to" thread on reddit where someone in ZF mentioned that Nep had been kicked out.

Full Stock.jpg

Went to a big electronic store a few days ago. Looks like Nintendo kept their promise.

Not in the picture are the C64 mini next to the SNES boxes.

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought it was Seamluss.
Like, I knew that one Metroid liked Seamus, but I didn’t know it liked liked Seamus.

—Patrick
Seamus.
Really.
Really?

Oh wait, is that phone autocorrect maybe?

But no, that's a Subnautica crabsquid. Now I guess it's Crabsquid-Tan or some such weeaboo label :p