Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll tell you what kind of scheduled raids I hated the most... Alarm Clock Raids.

Back in DAOC, the sneaky underhanded thing to do was to organize a guild or two to all go to bed early one night... but set their alarm clocks for 3 or 4 AM, when barely anybody in the other realms would be awake and logged in. That way you could steamroll opposition, conquer territory effortlessly, and steal Relics (the endgame PVP macguffins) without having to worry about defenders. It was bullshit. I was a proponent of locking down the relics between midnight and noon, mountain time (I lived in colorado at the time).

Dumbshit albs and mids, always alarmclockin' our relics.

As someone who's taken piles of colour blind tests, for one reason or another, I can also say that that bikini top isn't orange.

And if you think it is, you may have a form of colour blindness called Deuteranomaly.

I keep trying to take a closer look at the top to determine its exact color, but I keep getting distracted for some reason. Can't explain it.

Photoshop? Why? He says he's already wearing it! The correct response is clearly: "PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN".

ALso, she's not only wearing the top, I think.

I'll tell you what kind of scheduled raids I hated the most... Alarm Clock Raids.

Back in DAOC, the sneaky underhanded thing to do was to organize a guild or two to all go to bed early one night... but set their alarm clocks for 3 or 4 AM, when barely anybody in the other realms would be awake and logged in. That way you could steamroll opposition, conquer territory effortlessly, and steal Relics (the endgame PVP macguffins) without having to worry about defenders. It was bullshit. I was a proponent of locking down the relics between midnight and noon, mountain time (I lived in colorado at the time).

Dumbshit albs and mids, always alarmclockin' our relics.
Pft.. it was always the dirty Hibs and Mids alarmclockin'! Damn Vae Victus! The stalwart defenders of Albion would never stoop so low. God I miss that game... and time to play said game.

Although it's a video about the Day of the Devs, it also showcases a lot of upcoming indie games. And WOW, a lot of them look really cool. I hadn't even heard of Pine or Bikes & Knights, but now I want to play both!

figmentPez

Staff member
But why couldn't we see the bits that were never underneath the shirt?
Occlusion culling error.

@Gruebeard it's a term for how graphics engines try to not render things that aren't visible to the camera, in order to cut down on work. Errors can be stuff like all the foliage on a tree disappearing just because the trunk of the tree is no longer visible. Or the detail textures on a dress/bodysuit-thing not being loaded because a shirt is covering part of the bodysuit...

Last edited:
My full second month of the monthly Humble Bundle dropped and my buyer's remorse grows. After the three pre-listed I had no interest in (Elder Scrolls Online, ES Legends, Quake Online), the rest is disappointing, too. Resident Evil 5 (blech, no interest), Dead Rising 2 (own it), Shadow Tactics (no interest), and some unintersting looking indie games.

This month? H1Z1. Ugh. I was hoping my last month would have something worth it. Guess not. I've probably gifted more than kept for myself.

GasBandit

Staff member
Having not watched the video yet, are they planning to do like EQ, and make "progression" servers, where they reintroduce expansion content on the same schedule they were originally? (IE, Burning Crusade after 23 months, WOtLK 22 months after that, etc)

Dave

Staff member
They did not say. And they also announced the new x-pac, "Battle for Azeroth", which reignites the war between the factions.

You disappoint me.
I am a realist here. Classic WoW was 40 man raids that most people didn't do, literally needing to stay online for a straight week to get the best PVP rewards that were the best gear in the game for most of classic, and boredom in end game if you didn't raid or enjoy PvP.

For me at least, MMOs are only as fun as the people you play with.[DOUBLEPOST=1509748152,1509747979][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Most of the joy of Classic was discovery.

Classic WoW will probably end up the way of Classic DaoC servers. A bunch of people playing them at the start thinking it will bring back their virgin MMO memories then down the line they will be ghost towns compared to the main servers because all the features, friends, sunk costs are on the mainstream servers.

Also Classic will be a distorted truth as I doubt Blizzard is going to make any non healing hybrid spec useless or have a top tier Hunter bleed talent do less damage then a Warriors baseline bleed which itself was pretty lackluster.

Though I imagine ghost town Classic wow servers will have more players then DaoC main servers nowadays, because Blizzard IP.

Reactions: Dei
Meh. Classic games are never as good as people remember them being.
Classic WoW will probably end up the way of Classic DaoC servers. A bunch of people playing them at the start thinking it will bring back their virgin MMO memories then down the line they will be ghost towns compared to the main servers because all the features, friends, sunk costs are on the mainstream servers.

Also Classic will be a distorted truth as I doubt Blizzard is going to make any non healing hybrid spec useless or have a top tier Hunter bleed talent do less damage then a Warriors baseline bleed which itself was pretty lackluster.

Though I imagine ghost town Classic wow servers will have more players then DaoC main servers nowadays, because Blizzard IP.
Yup.

I'm not 21 anymore like I was when WoW first came out. I'm not living in a house with 2 other dudes and my social life isn't based around WoWing together every weekend anymore.

Time has moved on and those servers, my guess, are going to be crazy busy for exactly the first month and ghost towns afterwards.