Random Video Game Crap

I bought Fractured But Whole on GMG without looking at what key I was buying. Fucking Uplay.

FUCK.

FUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

It's already popped up a Steam like inlay to let me know there's cool new Uplay features and it's bugging me to download Twitch Prime crap AND THE CRAP ISN'T EVEN AVAILABLE YET.

I hate you Ubisoft.

Fuck, is there anything with Ubisoft that works?

Trying to connect Uplay to Twitch Prime to get some fucking DLC that they keep telling me I NEED RIGHT NOW just doesn't work. I get an error telling me I need to be a member. I FUCKING AM. WHAT THE FUCK?

FUCK YOU!

I HATE VIDEO GAMES.

Fuck, is there anything with Ubisoft that works?

Trying to connect Uplay to Twitch Prime to get some fucking DLC that they keep telling me I NEED RIGHT NOW just doesn't work. I get an error telling me I need to be a member. I FUCKING AM. WHAT THE FUCK?

FUCK YOU!

I HATE VIDEO GAMES.
If you haven't already, try Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. If nothing else, it will make you regain faith in the future of the gaming industry

I never thought I'd say this about a pc game, but South Park: The Fractured But Whole, runs at too high a framerate. It runs at 60fps, which is what you want from most games, but it breaks the aesthetic of making it look like the tv show. Stick of Truth was locked to 30fps for that very reason, and was one of the few times an fps lock didn't bother me.

GasBandit

Staff member
Prey and Dishonored 2 were both Bethesda published and fantastic.

And other than the unsatisfying ending, Wolfenstein the New Order was awesome.
Well, when you're right, you're right (I didn't play Wolfenstein because the other recent ones were so bad, but Dishonored was pretty good). Still, they've gotta go a long way before I give them the benefit of the doubt on most things. They may have done well on Dishonored, but they also did Fallout 3 and 4...

Well, when you're right, you're right (I didn't play Wolfenstein because the other recent ones were so bad, but Dishonored was pretty good). Still, they've gotta go a long way before I give them the benefit of the doubt on most things. They may have done well on Dishonored, but they also did Fallout 3 and 4...
So any time Bethesda makes or publishes a game, we just need Obsidian to make a better version, and then Bethesda can ride the popularity of how good that game is with their shitty, dumbed down sequel

I think you're conflating Bethesda the game developer (ie, Bethesda Game Studios) and Bethesda the publisher (ie, Bethesda Softworks). Bethesda Game Studios was the one that made Fallout 3 and 4, with all their idiosyncrasies. Bethesda Softworks publishes games made by other developers, such as the Dishonored games and Prey (made by Arkane), Doom 2016 and Rage (made by id Software), and the new Wolfenstein games (made by MachineGames). By and large I find the games that are only published by Bethesda and not made by them are free from the issues you find in FO3/4 and the TES games.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think you're conflating Bethesda the game developer (ie, Bethesda Game Studios) and Bethesda the publisher (ie, Bethesda Softworks). Bethesda Game Studios was the one that made Fallout 3 and 4, with all their idiosyncrasies. Bethesda Softworks publishes games made by other developers, such as the Dishonored games and Prey (made by Arkane), Doom 2016 and Rage (made by id Software), and the new Wolfenstein games (made by MachineGames). By and large I find the games that are only published by Bethesda and not made by them are free from the issues you find in FO3/4 and the TES games.
You might be right (though I didn't hear a whole lot good about Rage), but publishers also attempt to exert influence on the developers. They want deadlines met, they want content monetized, etc etc.

We'll just see how it comes out.

Ubisoft just emailed me that where I left off in my last session of South Park wasn't the end of the game.

Thanks tips.

We need a video game whine like a baby!

I just started playing Magikarp Jump which is super cute and I had a 17.something K jump power one all ready that had just won the second cup and he still had a few more levels to go!! A @&*%# Spearrow ate him at the berry tree. Poor Tubby. He was forced into retirement I think they called it.

So sad :(

They left out the part about how some of them are on PC, some on console, some don't have the right DLC installed, etc.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Why I was never much of a raider in WoW.

Also, I resented having my play time scheduled.
It's a sad necessity of gaming with other adult professionals. At least, the ones with spouses, children, and real life obligations. Some of us, granted, are completely-shut-in social pariahs.

It's a sad necessity of gaming with other adult professionals. At least, the ones with spouses, children, and real life obligations. Some of us, granted, are completely-shut-in social pariahs.
Oh, it makes total sense, I just hated it. Every other part of my life is strict schedules that having my down time tied to exact times to do stuff pissed me off. I'm a terrible multiplayer gamer.

Oh, it makes total sense, I just hated it. Every other part of my life is strict schedules that having my down time tied to exact times to do stuff pissed me off. I'm a terrible multiplayer gamer.
I actually liked raiding more when I could schedule around it. I hated the EQ method of having to race to boss respawns and essentially be on call or risk missing out. That said, I know things like that are not for everyone. I'm the kind of person that won't do anything if I don't plan in advance.